Closed Thread
Page 285 of 502 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The goggles, they do nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    Someone can still like something even if it has flaws.

Exactly what I was saying. But not being able to notice the flaws of your favourites while trashing other series for the same flaws you convenientely blend out in your beloved franchise? That is just dumb to me, nothing else.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Exactly what I was saying. But not being able to notice the flaws of your favourites while trashing other series for the same flaws you convenientely blend out in your beloved franchise? That is just dumb to me, nothing else.
    I thought they were saying that of all Naruto and Bleach fans.

No reason to call them simple. Someone can still like something even if it has flaws.
    ...that's exactly Nobodyman's post though.

All of their comments are more or less that they enjoy the most simple aspects of the series, and not everyone is looking for something that's really deep. Nothing necessarily wrong with that in particular I suppose as long as you don't go too frantic with it, especially in contrast to the super deep analytical stuff you find on Bleach Asylum.

For example, I think I'm a very simple person. Naruto and Bleach just don't even meet my threshold for satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    ...that's exactly Nobodyman's post though.

All of their comments are more or less that they enjoy the most simple aspects of the series, and not everyone is looking for something that's really deep. Nothing necessarily wrong with that in particular I suppose as long as you don't go too frantic with it, especially in contrast to the super deep analytical stuff you find on Bleach Asylum.

For example, I think I'm a very simple person. Naruto and Bleach just don't even meet my threshold for satisfaction.
    I assumed he meant simple as in simpletons.

I assumed he meant simple as in simpletons.
    I was actually going to post after him saying something like, "yeah, I can't really find too offense with these reviews. It's not as if they're lauding them as the best things ever. Sure it's very bare bones stuff they're going for, but some people I guess it's alright.

Some people just like the "cool, flashy" stuff in Naruto and Bleach. It's hella boring when you know that that's all that every happens, but that's just the perspective some people are looking for, something that doesn't have too much depth. Like those Bayformers movies... except they last forever and people can often take it seriously."

but then I got lazy, lol

So since this is a Naruto/Bleach thread, and I seem to have an odd fetish for this, who are the most overrated/underrated characters in Bleach/Naruto? Also favorite moment?
    Last edited by God of Skypeia; February 18th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Yeah, my comment definitely could be interpreted as being snobby and insulting (and it was), but I didn't really mean it that way. There's nothing wrong with being simple-minded, and there's certainly nothing wrong with liking a Japanese comic regardless of its "objective" quality.

That being said, I guess I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a hint of condescnsion in my reply.

I get that you guys don't like Bleach or Naruto, but holy fuck do you sound like snobby cunts.
    I've seen some people defend the shafting by downplaying or downright insulting the shafted characters.

Sorry if I came off as insulting while mocking that particular behaviour in caps.

So since this is a Naruto/Bleach thread, and I seem to have an odd fetish for this, who are the most overrated/underrated characters in Bleach/Naruto?
    Bleach: overrated are every captain except kenpachi

Naruto: overrated are every akatsuki member and all the hokages except the first and itachi.
    Missed a lot of church so the music is my confession

Quote Originally Posted by Stalley View Post

Naruto: overrated are every akatsuki member and all the hokages except the first and itachi.
    I know this is an opinion, but Itachi is the Zoro of Naruto. Fanboys at every corner beating their dicks to their "awesomeness".

Quote Originally Posted by Stalley View Post
    Much as Kenpachi may be more fun than other captains, I'd definitely lump him into the overrated category

Same sentiment as above except the 1st and Itachi in place of Kenpachi

I find Itachi to be boring and lacking in personality, the story won't shut up about him and his sacrifice, he made me sit through the nightmarish genjutsu battle and I enjoyed him more when he was an evil dickface nii-san.

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    I find Itachi to be boring and lacking in personality, the story won't shut up about him and his sacrifice, he made me sit through the nightmarish genjutsu battle and I enjoyed him more when he was an evil dickface nii-san.
    No matter what Kishi says Itachi was not a good person. His "I was doing it for Konoha" defense doesn't justify why he traumatized Sasuke twice.

Most overrated Naruto character in my eyes is definitely Anko. I've seen so many people who love or despise Naruto but so many of them love Anko even though I can't for the life of me remember what she's done in the series. All I can remember about her is that she's got some snakes and that she wears fishnets. Oh and allso she's a femae character who's not just a medic.

Most overrated Bleach character I dunno I've always thought Chad was kinda boring. Like why is he even around? Why is he even Ichigo's friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Most overrated Naruto character in my eyes is definitely Anko. I've seen so many people who love or despise Naruto but so many of them love Anko even though I can't for the life of me remember what she's done in the series.
    I think I remember her licking Nardo or something so... kinky?

Actually, creepy.

Can we stop white knighting the N&B fanboys and get back to bashing the series? It's a lot more fun. I just posted what I saw on Naruto Forums and Bleach Asylum, because it was funny to read that someone thinks One Piece "drags on" while they love Naruto. No one's calling them stupid.

Enough of that, I'm calling it - this week Byakuya will Bananazakura his enemy and get his bankai back AND (I might be off on this one) we'll get a shot of Ichigo!

I'm not calling what will happen in Naruto, though. I have no idea what's happening there, but probably Naruto will get revived or something, I'm still betting someone will give away their life to ressurect JesusNaruto.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I bet on shitty Bankai release, one-shotting As Nödt and maybe one page of DEEP flashback before he dies.

The last panel being reserved for Ichigo sounds likely, though.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

I don't know, Itachi was cool.

In fact, that battle with Naruto, Bee and Itachi vs Nagato was the last time Naruto was actually awesome to me. The way the battle unfolded, and a surprising turn of events with the crow Itachi stuffed into Naruto... It was just well thought out.

Kishi should have just stuck to smaller battles. Especially for this finale. It's retarded that it all came down to Madara and Zetsu, out of entire Akatsuki and all the possible allies it could have attracted with preparations over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Can we stop white knighting the N&B fanboys and get back to bashing the series? It's a lot more fun. I just posted what I saw on Naruto Forums and Bleach Asylum, because it was funny to read that someone thinks One Piece "drags on" while they love Naruto. No one's calling them stupid.

Enough of that, I'm calling it - this week Byakuya will Bananazakura his enemy and get his bankai back AND (I might be off on this one) we'll get a shot of Ichigo!

I'm not calling what will happen in Naruto, though. I have no idea what's happening there, but probably Naruto will get revived or something, I'm still betting someone will give away their life to ressurect JesusNaruto.
    Not whiteknighting the fanboys just the regular fans. You know people who go "Naruto is my favorite manga" not the "Nrdo iZ da bezzt manga eva!!!!1111 fans" that really can't acknowledge flaws and will get heavily offended if you insult Naruto.

The last good battle I can remember? Raikage smashing Sasuke was nice, but not really a battle. Killer Bee versus Akatsuki was pretty great. Oh, and that shark swordsman dude that battled Gai. And Sakura with Chiyo or whatever her name was, when they were fighting Sasori.

Yes, I think these are all the good "battles" we've had in Naruto Shippuuden that I can remember.

Oh, right, and Shikamaru versus the undead guy was cool.

Sad, really, that in so many years we've had so few good battles... And most of'em didn't have the characters that got us hooked witht he series. I mean, I LOVED Naruto as a series after Rock Lee VS Gaara, what happened, Kishi?!

Closed Thread

Thread Information