Closed Thread
Page 254 of 502 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

  1. #5061
    Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ecuador

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Imagine how One Piece would look like if Luffy was attacking his enemies from the beginning to end ONLY with Elephant Gatling. All the time. For hundreds of episodes. Forever.
    It's not even like that. Ichigo never uses the same final technique, because his final techs become outdated after one single fight.
    Soul Society's fights:
    Ichigo curbstomps the entrance guardian, an elite fighter that has been there for more than a hundred years and never lost, with no efforts or even named attacks.
    Ichigo fights Ikkaku, has a kind of fair fight.
    Ichigo beats Renji sometime later with getsuga tensho.
    Ichigo fights Kenpachi, the one dude they where warned to avoid at all costs, whose name is actually a title meaning he's one of the strongest fighter or whatever. He wins by learning the name of his sword.
    Ichigo breaks the blade that has the power of a million zampakuto after less than 3 days of training.
    For some reason, after that he needed to release his bankai to fight byakuya, and then it still wasn't enough but he got a second power up from his inner hollow.

    In a few in-world days covered in a single arc, Ichigo's strongest attack went from swinging his half released, nameless sword, to firing beams from his bankai in semi hollow form. Remember this is the second arc of the series. No wonder after that Kubo kept creating plot devices to weaken him back to normal. In contrast a least Naruto had a whole lot more content before getting into 6 billion exploding tags and Narujesus territory.

  2. #5062
    Discovered Stowaway Thebomer93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wales

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Am not fan a fan of Bleach or Naruto but come on people their not shit manga's, you don't have the success that they've had by been shit.
    I know more about One Piece than you FACT.

  3. #5063
    Champions Club mr.french's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Online Gaming Community

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Under what circumstance can Rukia just talk shit back to her opponent? And while we're at it, I can't even understand the action in this chapter. Let's just see her ban-kai is like and have her destroy her opponent in one go, like with every fight, so we can go on to the next fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuma fanny
    Am not fan a fan of Bleach or Naruto but come on people their not shit manga's, you don't have the success that they've had by been shit.
    Equating success with quality is a mistake. Lot's of people love low, shitty quality entertainment.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

  4. #5064
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by kuma fannny View Post
    Am not fan a fan of Bleach or Naruto but come on people their not shit manga's, you don't have the success that they've had by been shit.
    In the beginning they were between the best shonen action manga of the time. They endured a long time with good quality. At that time they have already achieved a huge fanbase and new fans were coming from all the hype made.

    That is undeniable, but is too undeniable that after that they decreased in quality so much that they are really bad, not to say worse. Of course now they already have fans, and some of them are groupies(doesn't matter what the author does with the work later they will still follow and love it). So of course they will still have some success.

    Let's be honest, Naruto fanbase has been basically the same for years and years, without any growth(that can be seen has good, at least didn't loose fans, or as bad, it doesn't able to attract newer fans at a bigger rate than it looses them) and the rankings in the magazine are pretty bad compared with before(right now only occasionally is able to go into the Top 5). Of course that is not bad at all, and maybe that is the reason Naruto end is taking more than it should.
    Now Bleach, it took a really big decrease showing that Bleach decrease in quality was really big. Bleach sales in recent years decreased a lot(for 2 or 3 years they are stable, but before that bleach lost hundred of thousands of fans, that is bigger than a lot of other titles fanbases), the anime was cancelled because of the bad ratings, they decreased a lot too, and in the magazine it now almost always in the Bottom 5. If the title wasn't in previous times a Mega success right now it would be literally nothing.


    If you look at the titles in overall manner, they are really bad, but if you look in parts, they have a huge fluctuation of quality.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    Under what circumstance can Rukia just talk shit back to her opponent? And while we're at it, I can't even understand the action in this chapter. Let's just see her ban-kai is like and have her destroy her opponent in one go, like with every fight, so we can go on to the next fight.

    Equating success with quality is a mistake. Lot's of people love low, shitty quality entertainment. [/COLOR]
    Even though quality is not directly related with popularity is close. Almost every good titles have a lot of popularity/success. A minority of bad titles have success and an even minority of good tiles doesn't have success.
    Of course things get more complicated when things in the beginning have a huge quality and gain a lot of popularity and later the quality decreases, but normally the popularity doesn't, because popularity his harder to decrease.

    Of course it also depends in what you see as quality. If you don't like Otaku stuff and you go watch the success in the Light Novels, you will say that all of them are bad titles, given that the majority of the industry is now Otaku based.

  5. #5065

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    In the beginning they were between the best shonen action manga of the time. They endured a long time with good quality. At that time they have already achieved a huge fanbase and new fans were coming from all the hype made.

    That is undeniable, but is too undeniable that after that they decreased in quality so much that they are really bad, not to say worse. Of course now they already have fans, and some of them are groupies(doesn't matter what the author does with the work later they will still follow and love it). So of course they will still have some success.

    Let's be honest, Naruto fanbase has been basically the same for years and years, without any growth(that can be seen has good, at least didn't loose fans, or as bad, it doesn't able to attract newer fans at a bigger rate than it looses them) and the rankings in the magazine are pretty bad compared with before(right now only occasionally is able to go into the Top 5). Of course that is not bad at all, and maybe that is the reason Naruto end is taking more than it should.
    Now Bleach, it took a really big decrease showing that Bleach decrease in quality was really big. Bleach sales in recent years decreased a lot(for 2 or 3 years they are stable, but before that bleach lost hundred of thousands of fans, that is bigger than a lot of other titles fanbases), the anime was cancelled because of the bad ratings, they decreased a lot too, and in the magazine it now almost always in the Bottom 5. If the title wasn't in previous times a Mega success right now it would be literally nothing.


    If you look at the titles in overall manner, they are really bad, but if you look in parts, they have a huge fluctuation of quality.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    Even though quality is not directly related with popularity is close. Almost every good titles have a lot of popularity/success. A minority of bad titles have success and an even minority of good tiles doesn't have success.
    Of course things get more complicated when things in the beginning have a huge quality and gain a lot of popularity and later the quality decreases, but normally the popularity doesn't, because popularity his harder to decrease.

    Of course it also depends in what you see as quality. If you don't like Otaku stuff and you go watch the success in the Light Novels, you will say that all of them are bad titles, given that the majority of the industry is now Otaku based.
    It is deniable though, one somewhat good arc does not make it one of best shonen out there

  6. #5066
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    It is deniable though, one somewhat good arc does not make it one of best shonen out there
    Neither Naruto nor Bleach only had one good arc, and even with only one good arc, if the arc is big and good enough, a title is able to be one of the best shonen of the time.

    At the time Naruto and Bleach were shining, around 2000 to 2005, how many other action shonens were better or as good as them, and were still running or selling volumes? I can't think of that many.
    In jump certainly One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. I don't know how good Jojo, Yu Gi Oh, Shaman King, Black Cat, Reborn were at that time, but I would say definitely not as good as them.
    I can't think of many titles of others magazines, but from what I know others good titles were:
    Soul eater, Full Metal Alchemist, Zatch Bell, History Strongest Disciple Kenichi, The Law of Ueki, Kekkaishi, Great Teacher Onizuka, Rave Master, Air Gear, Negima!, Tsubasa Chronicle, Rave Master.
    From all of these titles I really think that the ones, at the time, certainly better than Naruto and Bleach were Full Metal Alchemist and Great Teacher Onizuka(that can be seen as not being an action shonen).

    From the ones that I know only around 4 titles were at the same level or above of Naruto and Bleach at the time, if that doesn't make one of the best action shonen of the time, I don't know what it does.

  7. #5067
    Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yggdrasil

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    SBR started in 2003, so yeah: Jojo > Naruto and Bleach.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War



  8. #5068

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by kuma fannny View Post
    Am not fan a fan of Bleach or Naruto but come on people their not shit manga's, you don't have the success that they've had by been shit.
    If the author blatantly lies to his fans, what would you call that ?

    Also when the author insults a whole country of his fans, where he happens to be promoting his series at the time ?

    Or when he creates nonsensical plotholes, last minute asspulls and blatant contradictions to the point the powers of one of the main characters have four different explanations ?

  9. #5069

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post

    Also when the author insults a whole country of his fans, where he happens to be promoting his series at the time ?
    Who did that and to what country!?

  10. #5070

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Destiny View Post
    Who did that and to what country!?
    Kubo said that he based Quincies on Germans because they are 'coldblooded". He said this at a conference in Leipzig. We know this from one of our members who was attending.

    Though I personally see it as too ridiculous and stupid on Kubo's part to take much offence. Not saying it can't be seen as offensive, but it's just too damn funny man... I can just picture Kubo in his douchebag sunglasses saying that and oh God...too funny.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    SBR started in 2003, so yeah: Jojo > Naruto and Bleach.
    JoJo does not need to bring it's "A game" to beat Neh and Bleh even at their best.

    Sorry Bigivel, but I cannot agree that Nardo Part 1 and like, two or so good arcs in Bleh trump 6+ parts of JJBA. Not even close.

    These two series used to be good, but not that good.

  11. #5071

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Erm. Naruto Pt. 1 is better than the first two parts of JoJo.

  12. #5072
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayenko View Post
    Erm. Naruto Pt. 1 is better than the first two parts of JoJo.
    16 characters of good joke .

  13. #5073
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    JoJo does not need to bring it's "A game" to beat Neh and Bleh even at their best.

    Sorry Bigivel, but I cannot agree that Nardo Part 1 and like, two or so good arcs in Bleh trump 6+ parts of JJBA. Not even close.

    These two series used to be good, but not that good.
    To be honest I don't know how good JJBA can be, at this time I only watched the anime and read half of the first part and I'm in chapter 17 of Jojolion. So I'm not a good person to talk about it.
    I will only ask one thing, What is the cause for Naruto and Bleach, at that time, for gaining more fans than JJBA(I'm talking in Japan, where it really matters and where each series have a fair chance)?

  14. #5074
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    To be honest I don't know how good JJBA can be, at this time I only watched the anime and read half of the first part and I'm in chapter 17 of Jojolion. So I'm not a good person to talk about it.
    I will only ask one thing, What is the cause for Naruto and Bleach, at that time, for gaining more fans than JJBA(I'm talking in Japan, where it really matters and where each series have a fair chance)?
    What is the cause for Twilight and Justin Bieber gaining one of the largest fanbase in any medium?!

  15. #5075
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoroFTW9 View Post
    What is the cause for Twilight and Justin Bieber gaining one of the largest fanbase in any medium?!
    Are you saying Naruto and Bleach were always bad? I'm talking of the beginning of both series, the time were the majority of the fanbase was made.

  16. #5076
    Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beleriand

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Neither Naruto nor Bleach only had one good arc, and even with only one good arc, if the arc is big and good enough, a title is able to be one of the best shonen of the time.

    At the time Naruto and Bleach were shining, around 2000 to 2005, how many other action shonens were better or as good as them, and were still running or selling volumes? I can't think of that many.
    In jump certainly One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. I don't know how good Jojo, Yu Gi Oh, Shaman King, Black Cat, Reborn were at that time, but I would say definitely not as good as them.
    I can't think of many titles of others magazines, but from what I know others good titles were:
    Soul eater, Full Metal Alchemist, Zatch Bell, History Strongest Disciple Kenichi, The Law of Ueki, Kekkaishi, Great Teacher Onizuka, Rave Master, Air Gear, Negima!, Tsubasa Chronicle, Rave Master.
    From all of these titles I really think that the ones, at the time, certainly better than Naruto and Bleach were Full Metal Alchemist and Great Teacher Onizuka(that can be seen as not being an action shonen).

    From the ones that I know only around 4 titles were at the same level or above of Naruto and Bleach at the time, if that doesn't make one of the best action shonen of the time, I don't know what it does.
    Hrmm, that's a pretty specific criteria of series to choose from. Also happens to be be poorly defined and "one of the best" could mean anything including up to top 100.

    Best is pretty subjective, but I would only consider series whose authors can pump out quality work consistently. A series which can only maintain a decent quality for say 3 out of 10 arcs doesn't qualify to be amongst the best. If it ended after the 3rd arc, perhaps. But just ignoring the next 7 is basically looking at it with rose glasses.

  17. #5077

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Now now, let's not get carried away with extremes. Naruto was pretty good back in the day. The best? ehhh... but yeah, it gave us all hope.

    Even Bleach, in its hey day I wouldn't say it was the best, but it was very promising for many people.

    Soon after that though, both of them just went down the gutter

  18. #5078

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    The first part of Naruto was really, really good. With awesome characters and diverse personalities.
    The first two parts of JoJo are okay/good. Nothing awesome. My opinion, of course.

    That Naruto is shit nowadays doesn't undermine what it was...

  19. #5079

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayenko View Post
    The first part of Naruto was really, really good. With awesome characters and diverse personalities.
    The first two parts of JoJo are okay/good. Nothing awesome. My opinion, of course.

    That Naruto is shit nowadays doesn't undermine what it was...
    Let's say... up to the Chunin fight with the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight being oft cited for being the peak. And that fight really was exceptional. The rest of the chunin exam was good, but summing it up, that leaves you the Zabuza arc and the chunin exams. The rasengan arc was a bit of a lull, but a lot of series have that, but it never really pulled out from it. And then the sasuke rescue arc. Which is okay, and would have been nicer if Kishimoto didn't make a few... choice nondeaths like Chouji and Neji along with the sand trio coming in and just being the perfect abilities to counter the remaining sound four kids.

    So... two great arcs and two, at best, okay arcs. No doubt that Naruto used to be really good, though and that Kishimoto squandered the potential... but there was a bit of a turning point where Kishimoto makes a few... questionable decisions that sour the arcs.

    Bleach? The first part just running around killing hollows, but that was pretty cool. Soul Society was good, introduced some interesting characters and a neat premise, but then it just goes down the gutter there when the fame goes to Kubo's head.

    JoJo part 2 though? Super awesome, and David Productions only reinforced how amazing it was. Part 1 I'll admit isn't one of my favorite JoJo parts, but Part 2 has just so much personality with Joseph being one of the most entertaining JoJos that it makes it a hell of a ride.

  20. #5080

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    I'm not saying it's perfect, I totally agree with what you said. I just hate when people talk about Naruto as if it was always shit, when that's not true.

    As for JoJo, I've only watched the Anime. Part 1 was whatever... And part 2 was really cool, specially because of the music, but I didn't think it was awesome. Joseph is awesome, though.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts