Closed Thread
Page 250 of 502 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

Quote Originally Posted by saringe015 View Post
    Not going to lie to you guys, you're arguments are valid for why bleach and naruto are rather horrible manga with a few moments of actual interest shining through, but if you read this thread long enough... Well eventually you'll start to like the two out of pure spite
    The Naruto wallbangers page on TvTropes really takes the bullshit of the story and shoves them in your face, so you really can't ignore them anymore.

The King of No Where saringe015's Avatar

I've seen that page...it is a testament to an entire generations efforts to tell people that naruto isn't just bad, it is implausibly bad...and I agree. If there's one thing I learned from kishi is how to write a good story, just do the opposite of everything he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by saringe015 View Post
    I've seen that page...it is a testament to an entire generations efforts to tell people that naruto isn't just bad, it is implausibly bad...and I agree. If there's one thing I learned from kishi is how to write a good story, just do the opposite of everything he's done.
    Now now, let's not get carried away here. What makes Naruto remarkably bad is not just what he did in Part 2. It's that everything happened as it did in Part 2 after setting everything up in Part 1. Raised our hopes up only to dash them away. Good show, sir.

I should have phrased that more clearly. That page is dedicated to the mistakes of part two and I do believe part one was written well except for that bit with naruto letting his 'friend' beat him when he clearly could have won had he not aimed for his headband, it set up part two for what was to be a great stage of action and drama...and then.....well you read part two, had you not you wouldn't think of naruto as it is today. I meant that as far as part two is conserned, I learned how not to give people hope and then take it away from them because I have either gotten my head so far up my ass over how popular my work is or my editor has some sort of a choke hold on my work. Or both.

Did any of you guys ever read Kishi's one shot called "Mario"?

It....was interesting....though after reading naruto for so long it feels as if he's sticking to what he knows....ninjas to assassins....

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    it doesn't take to be killer to lose emotions
    I think someone's been dipping into the Kubo quote book.

Spoiler:

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Great. Now the sociopath discussion is leaking into the Nardo/Bleh thread.

Anyway, not to put a damper on things, but the seiyuu who voiced Yamamoto died today.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...da-passes-away

He also voiced Toto on One Piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    It appears that the voice of Netero, Ichirô NAGAI, has passed away. He's been voice acting for decades and has done lots of different roles so this really is a shame

http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye2113162.html

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Now now, let's not get carried away here. What makes Naruto remarkably bad is not just what he did in Part 2. It's that everything happened as it did in Part 2 after setting everything up in Part 1. Raised our hopes up only to dash them away. Good show, sir.
    Naruto was already terrible way before part 2 had started but Kishi went in depth in part 2 to explain why Naruto is garbage .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroFTW9 View Post
    Naruto was already terrible way before part 2 had started but Kishi went in depth in part 2 to explain why Naruto is garbage .
    On the downhill decline yes, but he was very swift on changing the slope to a much steeper ride to crap once part 2 got going.

No naruto chapter this week?

I'm surprised Rukia didn't question why Isane was the only one there to heal Kensei and Rose.

Her confrontation with As Nodt was extremely rushed, like the climax is about to occur at the start of the very next chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Great. Now the sociopath discussion is leaking into the Nardo/Bleh thread.

Anyway, not to put a damper on things, but the seiyuu who voiced Yamamoto died today.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...da-passes-away

He also voiced Toto on One Piece.
    Damn, I remember reading that yesterday. It's a shame, the voice was so deep but distinguishable, perfect for grumpy ol' man like Yama. (condolences to family and wife Masako Nozawa)

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    No naruto chapter this week?
    Nope, it's on break. Kishi had a death in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    I think someone's been dipping into the Kubo quote book.

I see, so Kubo have given such hint for this topic of seemingly emotonless Bleach characters.
    I'm not saying that it explains everything or anything like that, because everyone have their personal opinions, but in my opinion it's suspicious for many guys there to complain about Bleach characters being emotionless, because it looks more like they're just biased for their dislike towards series. It's not like this concept of why would someone be emotionless in a fight is something hard to grasp.
    Maybe most of mangas capture concept of using emotions in a fight for using them as source of motivation to keep fighting despite pain and dangers, but in Bleach shinigami's are acting out of duty, not for personal reasons, so it's not like that model of behavior is something contradicts with that other more commonly used model of behavior for defining personality of a fighter. It's not like shinigamis are emotionless anyway, it's just that they have main focus on their sense of duty, not on emotions. In story Hitsugaya once got into argue with Aizen to counter his attempts to provocate Ichigo.
    Last edited by pRopaaNS; January 30th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

There's a difference between being "thinking about your next move" and level-headed and being a blank wall.

Like that time Ichigo just stood there while Hitsugaya skewered Momo and everyone else was unaware of it.

Well, that's among the most extreme cases, but basically the characters, when they do show emotion in fights, its just "smugness" because they think they have the upper hand. Which is just as bad as being unemotional.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Show me a soldier in real life who can just switch off his fear without being completely broken from a very young age, then we talk.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

It's a fiction. Reason why characters appears to be like this have notion. What do you mean by asking me to show a real life soldiers or "blank walls"? I seriously don't understand why do you guys have problems accepting a fictional story having fictional character types. Being more realitic just makes that event easier to comprehend and understand.
    Maybe I'm robot or something for not being able to see that something you guys see.

Fiction is but another medium to express ideas. Of course you're going to get more exaggerated personality types. OP has them, DB has them, every series has them. But the exaggerations are not what makes us root for them necessarily. We judge prose and narration based on how well we can connect and understand the world, even if its laws vary from ours. At its best, it can deliver itself as a metaphor with symbolism to make us think about ideas, but at the minimum, there must be some sort of connection we can feel. Having zero characterization does nothing for that, and really when you distill it down, the characters in Bleach lack any sort of that thing other than "being cool" and "being an asshole"

Otherwise we can just go and say "Air Gear is fiction! Don't expect something realistic!" and be happy that it's one of the shittiest, most scatterbrained things out there.

Air Gear is awesome, respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Fiction is but another medium to express ideas. Of course you're going to get more exaggerated personality types. OP has them, DB has them, every series has them. But the exaggerations are not what makes us root for them necessarily. We judge prose and narration based on how well we can connect and understand the world, even if its laws vary from ours. At its best, it can deliver itself as a metaphor with symbolism to make us think about ideas, but at the minimum, there must be some sort of connection we can feel. Having zero characterization does nothing for that, and really when you distill it down, the characters in Bleach lack any sort of that thing other than "being cool" and "being an asshole"

Otherwise we can just go and say "Air Gear is fiction! Don't expect something realistic!" and be happy that it's one of the shittiest, most scatterbrained things out there.
    Yeah, perhabs you can see me as alien for being able to empathise with those emotionless fictional characters or whatever.
    I completely agree with you, but that's my point - just because something is harder to relate to that alone doesn't make it actual flaw. Not because it isn't, but because I don't believe in perfection and I'd prefer for artist to express his own ideas than take over socially accepted standartized and stereotypical models and methods. But well, it's your choice if you take anyone who tries to do things his own way as a flawed specimen who doesn't know how society works. Thank you for only trying to understand people whose you can relate with.

Closed Thread

Thread Information