Closed Thread
Page 249 of 502 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    All I could think about during the Blergh chapter:
    I won't be surprised if As Nodt explodes releasing ink blots as a last resource.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    If compared with normal people then yes, but it's a fictional story where shinigamy are spirits whose have lived for hundreds of years. I'd say it would be more suprising if those assasins whose trains for purpose of killing their enemies acted like normal people.
    Not all Gotei 13 members are the second division. For most shinigami their job entails sending regular people to the afterlife and yes, defending regular people from monsters. Shinigami also have normal social networks with friends, even families, whom they care for. Things they like, things they hate. In short, they should have emotional ranges comparable to that of humans, and indeed, once upon a time in the series, they had.

And even if there was a canon reason for everyone being blassé and annoyingly, insufferably smug and "Cool" all the time, that doesn't change that to the readers, the characters are blassé and annoyingly, insufferably smug and "Cool" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Not all Gotei 13 members are the second division. For most shinigami their job entails sending regular people to the afterlife and yes, defending regular people from monsters. Shinigami also have normal social networks with friends, even families, whom they care for. Things they like, things they hate. In short, they should have emotional ranges comparable to that of humans, and indeed, once upon a time in the series, they had.

And even if there was a canon reason for everyone being blassé and annoyingly, insufferably smug and "Cool" all the time, that doesn't change that to the readers, the characters are blassé and annoyingly, insufferably smug and "Cool" all the time.
    Is that so? My opinion is different.
    I'm not sure how did you made a stereotype that a killer would act just like normal person, except if you really believe that they're not killers and that their kills are justified as killing "things", not real alive beings. Warriors, fighters, allies or justices or whatever- all that imo is just sugarcoating when that someone kills someone.
    Anyway it doesn't take to be killer to lose emotions. Irl work in police deprives inspectors from emotions for having to work in that kind of environment where the real degenerates does the dirty shit. I've been taught that during elementary school from policeman teaching about what's like to work in police.

Well, although it doesn't matter for different people have different opinions, but I can try to explain how this works. Basicially the thing is that psychophat is someone who's deprived from ability to empathise with others. To kill someone you have to set up a barieer or other reason which allows for a person to justify killing another person, because otherwise empathy kicks in and makes to feel horrible and responsible for his actions.
    Question, don't you feel sick in stomach when seeing a picture of a corpse? Perhabs when that corpse is brutally cut up or even worms have started eating it? Imo answer to this is again empathy, because it's instinct to try to empathise another person when you interact with him. But in case of seeing corpse that causes for you to imagine how to be in such terrible state, making you sick of stomach.
    In essence, be in one way or another, but it takes to deprive yourself of empathy and emotions and to become more into a psychopath in order to improve your capability to handle killer's job.
    Last edited by pRopaaNS; January 29th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Arrancar saga indeed was long and tedious, but fights against Aizen weren't nearly as long, he took out his opponents swiftly without messing around, unlike this last arc of Naruto goes for years by entire ninja populaton fighting against just 2 major enemies.
    You seem to have an extremely selective memory.
    Hinamori pincushion shenanigans? Chasing around Ichigos friends for the luls? Ring any bells?
    Hell, the Winter War segment in its entirety took more than 2˝ years to get through!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Is that so? My opinion is different.
    I'm not sure how did you made a stereotype that a killer would act just like normal person, except if you really believe that they're not killers and that their kills are justified as killing "things", not real alive beings. Warriors, fighters, allies or justices or whatever- all that imo is just sugarcoating when that someone kills someone.
    Anyway it doesn't take to be killer to lose emotions. Irl work in police deprives inspectors from emotions for having to work in that kind of environment where the real degenerates does the dirty shit. I've been taught that during elementary school from policeman teaching about what's like to work in police.
    The shinigami aren't "killers". Hell, they're not even fulltime "soldiers". Their chief job (soul burial) is more public service than anything, and taking care of Soul Society is administration. And the things they kill? They are tortured abominations, living a painful and wretched existence. By killing hollows the shinigami are doing as good a deed as can be done: Purifying them, ending their hellish time as a family-eating monster and sending them off to soul society.
    Like hell anyone in their right mind would lose sleep over cutting down a hollow.

And again, you seem to ignore that shinigami have shown perfectly human responses to things; If friends die, they get sad. If someone is an ass, they can get pissed off. Etc.
    Bleach isn't Hunter X Hunter; Shinigami aren't emotionally stunted, Kubo is just a shit writer.

You seem to have an extremely selective memory.
    Hinamori pincushion shenanigans? Chasing around Ichigos friends for the luls? Ring any bells?
    Hell, the Winter War segment in its entirety took more than 2˝ years to get through!
    Why are you assuming that I'm wrong with my opinion? I'm bad at english and it's hard to explain abstract notions in clean contructive sentences. I think you don't have to battle my opinion as I have trouble to even explain what I mean.

there is no SS characters ever shown to a a PTSD because of their job like a soldier who went to war.. its funny now that somebody actually claimed that they are some sociopathic killers so thats why they don't act like normal human..
    Last edited by Hisoga; January 29th, 2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: poor Aizen, he just want to be normal and make some friends..

Great. Now the sociopath discussion is leaking into the Nardo/Bleh thread.

Anyway, not to put a damper on things, but the seiyuu who voiced Yamamoto died today.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...da-passes-away

He also voiced Toto on One Piece.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Is Rukia actually on the verge of doing something?
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Anyway, not to put a damper on things, but the seiyuu who voiced Yamamoto died today.

Ah, condolences. I remember really liking his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Is Rukia actually on the verge of doing something?
    Rukia is always on the verge of doing something.

Just like Zeno's paradox.

Rukia needs a win really badly, even compared to Renji.
    I mean, Rukias track record goes as follows

- D. Roy
    - Big sand hollow thing
    - Tie with Aaroniero

No doubt she'll pull off a win against As Nodt with her newly found bankai thanks to the name rater of Bleach. She has to avenge big bro Byakuya who would come to rescue her at a moment's whim if anyone beheaded his precious sis!

Rukia needs a win really badly, even compared to Renji.
    I mean, Rukias track record goes as follows

- D. Roy
    - Big sand hollow thing
    - Tie with Aaroniero
    LOL. Her losing to Riruka still makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    No doubt she'll pull off a win against As Nodt with her newly found bankai thanks to the name rater of Bleach. She has to avenge big bro Byakuya who would come to rescue her at a moment's whim if anyone beheaded his precious sis!
    Lol at name rater.

Normally, I would say that Rukia won't be able to beat this guy and Byakuya will have to intervene but with all these power spikes and irregularities, who knows. She even wanted to attack fucking Quincy base with Renji alone. How retarded is that? Let's wait for Ichigo maybe? Play it safe? Naaaaaa...

Btw, did Naruto get cancelled or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Lol at name rater.

Normally, I would say that Rukia won't be able to beat this guy and Byakuya will have to intervene but with all these power spikes and irregularities, who knows. She even wanted to attack fucking Quincy base with Renji alone. How retarded is that? Let's wait for Ichigo maybe? Play it safe? Naaaaaa...

Btw, did Naruto get cancelled or something?
    Naruto is on break because a member of Kishimoto's family has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Naruto is on break because a member of Kishimoto's family has passed away.
    Oh that's too bad, didn't catch it. Thought it was just late. Thanks for the info.

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    You don't like Naruto for this reason, but you ENJOY Bleach..........?

WHAT?
    Perhaps he's saying bleach never had any good points to begin with and thus it couldn't degrade in quality. If he enjoyed bleach chapter 1 or so he'd still enjoy it now. It had some potential up to 30 but that was never utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Perhaps he's saying bleach never had any good points to begin with and thus it couldn't degrade in quality. If he enjoyed bleach chapter 1 or so he'd still enjoy it now. It had some potential up to 30 but that was never utilized.
    Some potential? Man, I'm seriously following Bleach from chapter one. Yes, I am probably one of the few people here who reads Bleach weekly in its entire run. Heck, the first series I translated for a polish manga group was Bleach. This series started out GREAT. Say what you want about Naruto and Bleach now, but back in the day? Both of these series kicked serious ass.

To tell the truth? Maybe the beginning of Bleach and Naruto is the reason why these series were more popular than One Piece in other countries. I mean, One Piece is great, but it does have a very different taste to it, it's not a very standard shonen with a lot of cool factor for some time. And don't get me wrong - I love One Piece, I'm just trying to think why some younger people might have a hard time getting into OP. On the other hand - Bleach from chapter one gives us a scary monster and a huge ass sword and Naruto gives us a great kid, the under dog, who suddenly knows one of these legendary techniques and can multiply himself (funny how Kishi dropped the one thing that made Naruto stand out and now everyone and their mother can create multiple real bodies).

I can understand why someone enjoyED Naruto and Bleach. I can't understand why someone tells me now that it's good because everyone has different opinions. Yes, you can like something, but don't try to tell me at the same time that everything is logical and well played. I can get over opinions, but I can't get over bullshit facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

He's also the husband of Masako Nozawa.

As for the chapter, I'm indifferent (except for the stereotypical Quincy). The whole "what is fear" thing has been done multiple times already, and it's worse because this is probably just another throwaway fight; whatever Rukia will learn from this won't matter later on as Kubo will most likely forget about it.

The King of No Where saringe015's Avatar

Not going to lie to you guys, you're arguments are valid for why bleach and naruto are rather horrible manga with a few moments of actual interest shining through, but if you read this thread long enough... Well eventually you'll start to like the two out of pure spite

Closed Thread

Thread Information