Closed Thread
Page 248 of 502 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

  1. #4941

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    I guess I'm a real "silver-lining" kind of guys, cause this is how I feel about this chapter. Rukia fighting fear-Quincy and countering his ability by...not having emotions? Sure why not, good for you. When does Rukia ever get anything.

  2. #4942
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Another fantastic bleach chapter that could have been covered in 4 pages max.

  3. #4943

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Knowing Kubo, I'm sure the Quincy that follows Renji will be named something like "Negro Coconut". I mean, come on, what's up with the lips, man?

    And I'm still waiting to hear what was good about this weeks Bleach chapter, pRopaaNS​. No need to hurry, think about it deeply, we'll gladly talk about it.

  4. #4944
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    dude, if you have something nice or bad to say about the chapter then say it, discuss it but be prepare to rationally defending whatever your point.. you don't need to complain about others complaining/discussing (what ever you prefer) about the chapter or the direction the story are going. that's not cool at all..
    I'm not trying to portray or become into a cool person, therefore sorry for your advice being useless. It's not like I completely don't care what other people think about me in internet, but if I'm honest then I at least sometimes can find something with value when people responds to my opinions.

    I think that Bleach is interesting in its own way, while most of people in this topic seems to judge it from stereotypical standpoints, hence resulting in people not being able to enjoy this series. Everything in this world is relative, meaning that emotional and rational reactions and opinions depends on what kind of standards and expectations any person creates on his own will for comparisons. That's my point of view and this is reason why I tend to express openly my dislike towards using standartized ways of thinking, which in this case seems to result in a lot people not being able to enjoy Bleach.

    Well, whatever, because I'm unable to enjoy Naruto, but it isn't because I'm refusing to adapt to its unique story and style, but because it contradicts itself and throws away it's own good traits whose I enjoyed long time ago. It's just too much when all ninjutsu and characters we've seen being developed through story are cast aside as useless when confronting those OP final opponents. 10 tails and Madara literally makes most of built up things during all previous arcs meaningless. It's like Kishi himself spits on his own work and effort he have put in his manga.
    Last edited by pRopaaNS; January 29th, 2014 at 08:58 AM.

  5. #4945

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    but because it contradicts itself and throws away it's own good traits whose I enjoyed long time ago.
    You don't like Naruto for this reason, but you ENJOY Bleach..........?

    WHAT?

  6. #4946

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Knowing Kubo, I'm sure the Quincy that follows Renji will be named something like "Negro Coconut". I mean, come on, what's up with the lips, man?
    He has already been named, his name is NaNaNa Najahkoop, one of the most ridiculous names I've ever heard. Seriously, the parents of Sternritter aren't very good at naming. Who the heck names his child BG9?

    Äs Nödt is the Kishin of Bleach.

  7. #4947
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I'm not trying to portray or become into a cool person, therefore sorry for your advice being useless. It's not like I completely don't care what other people think about me in internet, but if I'm honest then I at least sometimes can find something with value when people responds to my opinions.
    The "not cool" was referring to "generally considered unnaceptable". Not to you trying to brand yourself as a cool person.


    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I think that Bleach is interesting in its own way, while most of people in this topic seems to judge it from stereotypical standpoints, hence resulting in people not being able to enjoy this series. Everything in this world is relative, meaning that emotional and rational reactions and opinions depends on what kind of standards and expectations any person creates on his own will for comparisons. That's my point of view and this is reason why I tend to express openly my dislike towards using standartized ways of thinking, which in this case seems to result in a lot people not being able to enjoy Bleach.
    So you are saying that we're unable to enjoy Bleach because of our "conventional" assesment of it? We're moving into "Required IQ level" territory here.

    The only approach to make Bleach seem good is to lower your standards enormously and ignore all objective writing flaws.
    Which is not a stereotypical approach, I'll grant you that.

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Well, whatever, because I'm unable to enjoy Naruto, but it isn't because I'm refusing to adapt to its unique story and style, but because it contradicts itself and throws away it's own good traits whose I enjoyed long time ago. It's just too much when all ninjutsu and characters we've seen being developed through story are cast aside as useless when confronting those OP final opponents. 10 tails and Madara literally makes most of built up things during all previous arcs meaningless. It's like Kishi spits on his own work.
    Guess what other manga does all those things.
    Unless having terrible writing and story coherency is the "unique story and style" of Bleach, and therefore excused.

  8. #4948

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    The "not cool" was referring to "generally considered unnaceptable". Not to you trying to brand yourself as a cool person.
    Thanks The Daz..

  9. #4949
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    So you are saying that we're unable to enjoy Bleach because of our "conventional" assesment of it? We're moving into "Required IQ level" territory here.

    The only approach to make Bleach seem good is to lower your standards enormously and ignore all objective writing flaws.
    Which is not a stereotypical approach, I'll grant you that.
    Exactly, I think that's pretty big problem for a lot people that they're too stubborn to adapt for different things. Anyway that doesn't mean lowering your IQ and making yourself dumber, but to shift your focus on other things whose deserves more attention than just paying attention to "flaws" and ignoring everything good about subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Guess what other manga does all those things.
    Unless having terrible writing and story coherency is the "unique story and style" of Bleach, and therefore excused.
    Bleach is about cool characters fighting with swords and different abilities, fine enough concept for me to enjoy reading it.
    Last edited by pRopaaNS; January 29th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

  10. #4950

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Theres no anger involved.
    That's true for me, except for the Fullbring arc and the level of Chad (and Orihime)'s involvement, due to it both having been several years since they did anything in the story at the time and Kubo told his fans the arc was going to be "Chad's arc".

    I hate being lied to ya know ?

  11. #4951
    Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Writing my Novel

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    This Bleach Chapter:



    FEAR ABLOOGY WOOGY WOO FEAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Someone married their stepmom and then got murdered?
    Sounds like he used a monkey paw to make a porno story come true.
    Then the curse of the paw eventually killed him.

  12. #4952

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    So... Just like the Deicide chapters, the Qunzi war is just another turn-based battle bonanza where the fighters have to play hide and seek. And what's the reason for showing those Arranquizis at the very start of all this mess if they are not being used to fight in this "war"?

  13. #4953

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Bleach is about cool characters with fighting with swords and different abilities, fine enough concept for me to enjoy reading it.
    How can you say a character is cool if every character acts the same and has the same expression? A character is cool only when he does something that jumps him above the characters around him, if he brakes the mold. Ichigo was cool with his bankai, because it was the first time anyone got one so quickly and it was unheard of of such a small bankai. Ichigo was cool when he went half-hollow fighting Byakuya and full-hollow fighting that other dude later in Huenco Mundo. A character doing a smug face isn't cool, it's boring. And lately - a lot in Bleach was boring, because of how Kubo tries everything to look cool.

    And different abilities? How can we like the new chapter, where that one Quincy attacks Rukia with fear if we never saw this attacks in motion and Rukia isn't affected by it? How can I gauge if what Rukia did, defending this attack, was cool if I didn't see if it affects someone? It's like if Perona in Thriller Back started fighting with Usopp from the start and was angry her ghosts don't work on him because he's a loser - it wouldn't have ANY coolness in it because we wouldn't see how it affects someone. But Oda showed us that people think of themselves as not worthy of living and that Usopp was the only one who could fight her - it was perfect exposition, unlike what Kubo did here.

  14. #4954
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Exactly, I think that's pretty big problem for a lot people that they're too stubborn to adapt for different things. Anyway that doesn't mean lowering your IQ and making yourself dumber, but to shift your focus on other things whose deserves more attention than just paying attention to "flaws" and ignoring everything good about subject.
    People do point out when Kubo does something right. Did you miss everyone here being fans of Mask de Masculine? He'll I'll gladly say that Roboquincy and As Nödt have some good designs as far as Spirit Nazis go. But a few grains of Quality doesn't outweigh the sheer mountain of Terrible. If Bleach had more Good than Bad stuff then the thread would be singing a wholly different tune, but as is, its absolutely justified to call it a crap-tier series.

    And if you believe that Bleach is not crap, that it in fact has more good than bad, then - as Hisoga pointed out - make a case for it. Don't just tell us "you're wrong, look at it differently and its much better" and leave it at that.


    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Bleach is about cool characters with fighting with swords and different abilities, fine enough concept for me to enjoy reading it.
    But wheres the difference from
    "Naruto is about tortured ninjas fighting with jutsus and different abilities, fine enough concept for me to enjoy reading it"?
    Why is it acceptable for Bleach to have the very same flaws you sneer at Naruto for?

  15. #4955

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Being an emotionless badass worked for Sesshoumaru. Who was basically one character who acted that way in Inuyasha. Having 99% of the cast in Bleach giving "cold" blank stares and douchey smirks is boring for me.

    The fights in Bleach come off as really uninspired. Mask was great for a bit. But it's always battles of I have the upper hand, oh no wait I losing. New person shows up. They have the upper hand...Or did they?! Kubi really has done some of the worst choreographed fights. Staging rarely makes sense or flows right. People have terrible battle strategies...Most it's just a mishmash of trying out the latest power up with little thought to what makes sense. The Quincies should have decimated SS with their absorb all spirit particles ability alone. The pointlessness of using someone elses Bankai...Just so many throw away ideas and half formed plans.

    It's a big disappointment since this should be getting people amped for the end.

  16. #4956
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    And different abilities? How can we like the new chapter, where that one Quincy attacks Rukia with fear if we never saw this attacks in motion and Rukia isn't affected by it? How can I gauge if what Rukia did, defending this attack, was cool if I didn't see if it affects someone? It's like if Perona in Thriller Back started fighting with Usopp from the start and was angry her ghosts don't work on him because he's a loser - it wouldn't have ANY coolness in it because we wouldn't see how it affects someone. But Oda showed us that people think of themselves as not worthy of living and that Usopp was the only one who could fight her - it was perfect exposition, unlike what Kubo did here.
    To be fair, we did see the Fear Spikes freak out Byakuya during the second Quinzy invasion.

  17. #4957
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    How can you say a character is cool if every character acts the same and has the same expression? A character is cool only when he does something that jumps him above the characters around him, if he brakes the mold. Ichigo was cool with his bankai, because it was the first time anyone got one so quickly and it was unheard of of such a small bankai. Ichigo was cool when he went half-hollow fighting Byakuya and full-hollow fighting that other dude later in Huenco Mundo. A character doing a smug face isn't cool, it's boring. And lately - a lot in Bleach was boring, because of how Kubo tries everything to look cool.

    And different abilities? How can we like the new chapter, where that one Quincy attacks Rukia with fear if we never saw this attacks in motion and Rukia isn't affected by it? How can I gauge if what Rukia did, defending this attack, was cool if I didn't see if it affects someone? It's like if Perona in Thriller Back started fighting with Usopp from the start and was angry her ghosts don't work on him because he's a loser - it wouldn't have ANY coolness in it because we wouldn't see how it affects someone. But Oda showed us that people think of themselves as not worthy of living and that Usopp was the only one who could fight her - it was perfect exposition, unlike what Kubo did here.
    If compared with normal people then yes, but it's a fictional story where shinigamy are spirits whose have lived for hundreds of years. I'd say it would be more suprising if those assasins whose trains for purpose of killing their enemies acted like normal people.

    Rukia certainly was affected by it, that was just a superficial phrase. I think she acting that way indicates that she's probably grown through fear and used to it, or that she expected for it's effects to be some grave injury and was prepared to die but all it did was just scare her a bit.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    But wheres the difference from
    "Naruto is about tortured ninjas fighting with jutsus and different abilities, fine enough concept for me to enjoy reading it"?
    Why is it acceptable for Bleach to have the very same flaws you sneer at Naruto for?
    I already stated my reason why I'm unable to enjoy Naruto. Ninjutsu doesn't work on neither Madara nor TenTails. All techniques are useless. All comes down to talk no jutsu or some lame ass "hope" which isn't reasonable in any way, since there is nothing we know about which could be capable of stopping Madara, except for that justu Saskue was entrusted with. Which would be nothing more than out of blue anticlimatic cliffchanger if he used it and it worked.

  18. #4958

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I already stated my reason why I'm unable to enjoy Naruto. Ninjutsu doesn't work on neither Madara nor TenTails. All techniques are useless.
    Does this honestly not remind you of, say, the Aizen fight, even a tiny little bit?

    Or will you at least cop to having found that particular part of Bleach poorly done and unenjoyable?

  19. #4959
    Once more awake Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ny'alotha (Sweden)

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    All I could think about during the Blergh chapter:
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.


  20. #4960
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Needs more Nicolas Cage

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    Does this honestly not remind you of, say, the Aizen fight, even a tiny little bit?

    Or will you at least cop to having found that particular part of Bleach poorly done and unenjoyable?
    Arrancar saga indeed was long and tedious, but fights against Aizen weren't nearly as long, he took out his opponents swiftly without messing around, unlike this last arc of Naruto goes for years by entire ninja populaton fighting against just 2 major enemies.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts