Closed Thread
Page 203 of 502 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Default Re: Neh and Bleh IV: A manga about pong would be absolutely amazing

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    but it seem assistants,editors,readers of Jump are all fools to some you and you know better how to look at a story....
    resorting to insults and accusing me of a superiority complex now?
    kinda hoped you were better than that.

and no meteor summoning is common, it dates back to final fantasy 1 or probably earlier.
    but a leaf on a cup of water test with 6 different reactions? not even close to common. don't try and call that a generic setup.

i challenged you to explain how naruto is better than hxh but so far all you have said is "naruto is better than hxh" and "naruto's anime/movies/games make more money than hxh, therefore it is better". you have not in any way explained how the story, plot, characters or art is better.

your last response didn't even address any of those, it just amounted to random misleading statements and thinly veiled insults.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    resorting to insults and accusing me of a superiority complex now?
    kinda hoped you were better than that.

and no meteor summoning is common, it dates back to final fantasy 1 or probably earlier.
    but a leaf on a cup of water test with 6 different reactions? not even close to common. don't try and call that a generic setup.

i challenged you to explain how naruto is better than hxh but so far all you have said is "naruto is better than hxh" and "naruto's anime/movies/games make more money than hxh, therefore it is better". you have not in any way explained how the story, plot, characters or art is better.

your last response didn't even address any of those, it just amounted to random misleading statements and thinly veiled insults.
    to you out of all those plots and stories of different teams and characters and their interactions and exploits,just because it is the tournament of survival(Chunin exam) hence a copy of HxH..!!..why shouldn't i question the comprehensive ability of someone who makes this type of conclusion....?
    to me Naruto is better than HxH because i never felt much attachment to any side character of HxH...nor much expectation from them..i disliked Hisoka...i liked the king a bit though..it is a very well written story,but that's that....Naruto's characters have better potential,better designs in most of the cases too(i know you will differ)..there are so many side characters in Naruto who deserve their own stories...biggest flaw of Kishi to me was not utilising them properly...how a story affect a individual can't be predicted or explained straight way..accordingly x appears better to y and vice versa...

if my wording seems 'insult' to you,then where do you think i stand.?...you don't have to look back much...sorry for my hard lines...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

to you out of all those plots and stories of different teams and characters and their interactions and exploits,just because it is the tournament of survival(Chunin exam) hence a copy of HxH..!!..why shouldn't i question the comprehensive ability of someone who makes this type of conclusion....?
    to me Naruto is better than HxH because i never felt much attachment to any side character of HxH...nor much expectation from them..i disliked Hisoka...i liked the king a bit though..it is a very well written story,but that's that....Naruto's characters have better potential,better designs in most of the cases too(i know you will differ)..there are so many side characters in Naruto who deserve their own stories...biggest flaw of Kishi to me was not utilising them properly...how a story affect a individual can't be predicted or explained straight way..accordingly x appears better to y and vice versa...

if my wording seems 'insult' to you,then where do you think i stand.?...you don't have to look back much...sorry for my hard lines...
    better, for what kishi haven't done yet?

Right now I'm watching an episode of the German dub of Naruto with its ridiculous censorship - like replacing every instance of "to kill" with stuff like to defeat/to betray/to degrade/to abduct.

I wonder what is more ridiculous - this or the actual manga these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    I wonder what is more ridiculous - this or the actual manga these days.

Tough call

Side characters that deserve their own stories? How about having them appear at all first? Kishi doesn't even remember most of his story's side characters anymore, and only has them appear when there's a need to form a giant chakra bird (which apparently is the case in wars) or for some forced 'together we can do this, Naruto-kun!!' double spread. And even then they only were allowed to hold Naruto's Rasengan balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Side characters that deserve their own stories? How about having them appear at all first? Kishi doesn't even remember most of his story's side characters anymore, and only has them appear when there's a need to form a giant chakra bird (which apparently is the case in wars) or for some forced 'together we can do this, Naruto-kun!!' double spread. And even then they only were allowed to hold Naruto's Rasengan balls.
    Okay, never mind, this answers my question. Even the crappy German dub is nothing to this. How could I forget this? I mean, seriously, even Rock Lee who cannot even use Ninjutsu in general... Why contribute with their own styles if Naruto just can give them super fancy Rasengan balls?

They all just want a chance to coddle Naruto's big, powerful balls.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

if all you can say amounts to "i like naruto better" and you cannot analyse or argue why it is better, then you should not make statements such as "naruto is better than hxh" (instead you should say "i like naruto better, hxh just bored me" )

and since when was UNUSED potential a measure of good quality?

apologies for being so harsh but all i asked was for you to properly explain how naruto is better and you have not and probably will not.

To be fair, there really isn't much of an argument when it comes down to taste. Most of us who intellectualize it are really just using wordmagicks to express our love for series in prose that in definition amounts to "I like this better."

That said, most of us here can agree that Naruto is utter shit now, if for no other reason than it had potential that Kishi never let it realize due to some dwindling motivation (I really don't think the series would attract so much ire if it weren't for those of us who originally loved it acting like spurned lovers), but you know what they say about one man's trash.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    if all you can say amounts to "i like naruto better" and you cannot analyse or argue why it is better, then you should not make statements such as "naruto is better than hxh" (instead you should say "i like naruto better, hxh just bored me" )

and since when was UNUSED potential a measure of good quality?

apologies for being so harsh but all i asked was for you to properly explain how naruto is better and you have not and probably will not.
    i have given my reasons..even accepted that there is no solid rules to judge..if even after that you want to ignore it,then better leave it at that...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Hunter exam=Chuunin Exam right down to the tournament at the end of both.
    Hisoka=Orochimaru
    Killua/Kurapica=Sasuke
    Tonpa=Kabuto (Very similiar in that he's always giving up and retaking the exam etc)
    Phantom Troupe=Akatsuki(Bootleg Version)
    Bisky=Tsunade/Sakura
    Nen=Chakra
    Test with the leaf to determine nen/chakra

And probably many more small things that I can't remeber right now. The point is, that all that was good about naruto was part 1 till sasuke decided to run away. After that naruto became worse and worse as the time went by. Without all the things kishimoto took from hxh and changed somewhat into his own, he would have been forced to come up with his own ideas and story from the start and we clearly saw what happens when he hasnt something to rip off of. And overall hunter x hunter in terms of consistent story and character development is much better than naruto, and it's not even based on opinion but on the simple fact that objectively hunter x hunter is better written throughout all the arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Tough call
    time for everyone's favorite theme song

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Oh god no, don't remind me of the horrible german naruto edit and the horrendous opening they did for it. xD It's really funny how anything violence related was censored, while ranma was running around naked with no problem.^^ Totally opposite to the us for example.

German Naruto comes up in every iteration of this thread.

Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Every single time.
    To be fair, why shouldn't it?

Every single time.
    Fucking rap opening.

I mean.....of course it does.

And yeah, funny how they felt the need to censor the shit out of this show (and One Piece's W7/EL arcs, which from what I've seen, really screwed up the actual stakes, ya know, making so Olvia's colleagues on the ship weren't actually dead, Robin only putting her "freedom" on the line, that sorta thing) but a few years back you did indeed have Ranma 1/2 with all dem tits and asses shown at 13 PM on a godamn weekday.

Those were the days.....

Every single time.
    To be fair, so does Fat Naruto and the Bleach memes "who said Y wasn't X" and "who said the X goes from Y to Z?".

It's become traditional.
    Last edited by MetaMario; December 23rd, 2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: and to be fair, that opening makes me laugh every time

Is it very strange that when I saw the opening instead of how horrendous it is I actually liked it this time?

Because it just reminded me of the good times I had with Naruto.
    "Sasuuuke, he's really cool" - back then when Sasuke actually was a bearable character.
    "Sakura the beautiful" - back then when Sakura actually had some female traits.

Besides we see characters such as Zabuza or Gaara or the other Konoha rookies as if they are important in some way. And we see inner Sakura who made Sakura way more intersting than what we have now.

I sort of put the german Naruto opening on the same level as the One Piece rap too, it's just funny.

Closed Thread

Thread Information