Closed Thread
Page 202 of 502 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Neh and Bleh IV: A manga about pong would be absolutely amazing

i don't even read hunter x hiatus and i still find this the best thing ever

No Spanish speaker should be offended by what Kubo said.

After all, Kubo didn't just say it sounded evil, he said it sounded sexy evil.

I was just re-reading HxH in actual tankobons from my library, and it's still pretty damn good. the Chimera Ant arc, especially the Break-In part, is one of my favorite arcs in any manga.

though in fairness, I read early Naruto tanks recently as well, and enjoyed them a lot. the Chuunin Exam arc is up there for me, too.

Maybe next I should re-read early Bleach or something, it's been quite a few years since I've been able to think of it with anything but disgust...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    So you are saying that, say, Fairy Tail is better than Vinland Saga? Or Toriko? Or Bleach? Or Seven Deadly Sins? Or... you get my point or do I need to continue?
    my point on selling no. was against that MajinAr's point of 'overstayed welcome'....how can you decide which manga to keep and which to drop if you are a publisher.?..revenue is the most vital indication....
    there are many mangas better/way better than Naruto which sells nowhere near it(Vagabond,Berserk,Vinland Saga to name a few)....but compared to HxH,Naruto is better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Aside from the idiocy of judging quality by sales, Hunter x Hunter technically does sell MORE than Naruto on a per volume basis (Which is what ultimately determines popularity). Naruto outsells it as a series only because it's much longer due to HxH's hiatuses.

it is not Kishi's fault if Togashi wants to waste his time playing DQ....

(add to it Naruto's continuously running anime and movie franchise which have generated most money after OP for Shueisha in recent years...)..
    Last edited by auem; December 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    so it's official that auem's either retarded or on acid
    Please dial it down.

or at least talk about sexy evil spanish espada.

It's like Soul Society doesn't visit Spain and that's why all the Arrancars have "Spanish" names.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    I was just re-reading HxH in actual tankobons from my library, and it's still pretty damn good. the Chimera Ant arc, especially the Break-In part, is one of my favorite arcs in any manga.

though in fairness, I read early Naruto tanks recently as well, and enjoyed them a lot. the Chuunin Exam arc is up there for me, too.

Maybe next I should re-read early Bleach or something, it's been quite a few years since I've been able to think of it with anything but disgust...
    For anyone unaware, the palace invasion is beginning in one day in MadHouse's adept and religiously faithful adaptation of Hunter X Hunter. This is a big deal, to anyone uninitiated. Expect incredibly in-depth battle analysis, emotion, and just a super high-caliber sequence of events. I romanticize the utopian scenario of experiencing this for the first time again, and with the interest of how MadHouse can adapt something that will admittedly be a challenge, this will likely come close to that scenario!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Well, I never get into HxH and I tried, multiple times. I don't if it's artwork, story or just characters, something throws me out of it. I just don't like it.

Naruto on the other hand I watched in it's entirety and read every chapter since the War, because fillers were irritating.

Also, while I did that I find Naruto being the most atrocious story wise and character wise Shonen Manga I have ever read in history. I despise it. More than Bleach, to be honest. Way more.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    so it's official that auem's either retarded or on acid

lol Naruto a beter story then Hunter x Hunter... that's like comparing Transformers 2 to the Godfather parts one and two

I'm sorry there is a point where you can tell someone there opinion is stupid, he could say Naruto is a good story and I wouldn't have said that, but comparing it to a masterpiece like hunter x hunter (which the best parts of the Naruto were taken from Hunter x Hunter) and actually saying it's better!!!!!!!!!!! what is he on

I'd say Hunter X Hunter is even better (storywise) than One Piece and One Piece is my favorite series
    I have to admit I cringed. I do like HxH a whole lot but sometimes it feels rather awkward seeing how other people use the word masterpiece.
    In my mind masterpiece is something that can only be given to finished works that stood the test of time and being a testament to the greatest of its own time.
    But that may just be me.
    ----------------------------------
    Best I thing I always read though is the line of reasoning X should have stayed dead and it would be a masterpiece. Cause today masterpiece seems to be just cheap drama due to lots of characters dying and being gritty and grim...
    Despite Oda overdoing it quite a bit with his no killing off characters easily I do tend to prefer that philosophy from a story telling perspective. Limit deaths to meaningful ones but I haven't seen many agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    I have to admit I cringed. I do like HxH a whole lot but sometimes it feels rather awkward seeing how other people use the word masterpiece.
    In my mind masterpiece is something that can only be given to finished works that stood the test of time and being a testament to the greatest of its own time.
    But that may just be me.
    ----------------------------------
    Best I thing I always read though is the line of reasoning X should have stayed dead and it would be a masterpiece. Cause today masterpiece seems to be just cheap drama due to lots of characters dying and being gritty and grim...
    Despite Oda overdoing it quite a bit with his no killing off characters easily I do tend to prefer that philosophy from a story telling perspective. Limit deaths to meaningful ones but I haven't seen many agree with that.
    I don't know why but I just can't assign the word "masterpiece" to Hunter X Hunter. Though polish isn't needed for a good story (I welcome it, though), I seem to have an association connected to polish with masterpieces.

But the word is definitely getting used a lot more loosely nowadays, like many words. We need to make a new sacred word, like ultra-giga-justreallyniceandIlikeitalotok?-piece.

---

I agree with you, actually! First of all, as long as it's a good series, I sit back and take in the author's use of death within the context of the series. "Limit deaths to meaningful ones" accomplishes a lot with a little, while still leaving alive characters for future story potential. The author slicing the characters down one after the other with his authorial guillotine can work well, but is it usually what I sign up for? Not really. I usually hold inspiring series in the highest regard, not ones whose message seems to be "life is extremely fragile and people die all the time, here's some brutal reminders of that."

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    but compared to HxH,Naruto is better...

(add to it Naruto's continuously running anime and movie franchise which have generated most money after OP for Shueisha in recent years...)..
    No.

and having a decent anime/movies does not make it's story any better. The story should be judged on what the original author(mangaka) wrote/drew. I know aaron already said it but money is no way to judge how good a series is.

Explain properly, using a proper argument on why naruto is better than the series it blatantly ripped off multiple times. Not with your annoying generic statement of "x is better than y" followed by three dots.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Not with your annoying generic statement of "x is better than y" followed by three dots.
    I tried to make a Pokemon joke, but it just doesn't seem like I could make it work.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

No.

and having a decent anime/movies does not make it's story any better. The story should be judged on what the original author(mangaka) wrote/drew. I know aaron already said it but money is no way to judge how good a series is.

Explain properly, using a proper argument on why naruto is better than the series it blatantly ripped off multiple times. Not with your annoying generic statement of "x is better than y" followed by three dots.
    ... It has better artwork, for the most part. And the way Togashi acts really takes away a lot from the series... Also, I found beginning of HxH to be a bit generic, and boring enough for me to not continue reading, but that's me.

I dislike both series.

Also, argument that one series ripped of another is really stupid. And you should be ashamed for using it.

... It has better artwork, for the most part.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Don't underestimate Togashi
    Also, argument that one series ripped of another is really stupid. And you should be ashamed for using it.
    It does make you look lazy if you steal your friends work, tweak it to make it worse, and pass it off as your own.
    Last edited by Ordinary; December 23rd, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    For anyone unaware, the palace invasion is beginning in one day in MadHouse's adept and religiously faithful adaptation of Hunter X Hunter. This is a big deal, to anyone uninitiated. Expect incredibly in-depth battle analysis, emotion, and just a super high-caliber sequence of events. I romanticize the utopian scenario of experiencing this for the first time again, and with the interest of how MadHouse can adapt something that will admittedly be a challenge, this will likely come close to that scenario!
    I'm super hyped, thanks :D

PS: Damnit I shouldn't have seen that image above

Quote Originally Posted by Devil G. View Post
    I'm super hyped, thanks :D

PS: Damnit I shouldn't have seen that image above
    Dammit. I'm sorry.

But, the second picture was foreshadowed in the current ending theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Dammit. I'm sorry.
    No problem at all, don't worry.

Spoiler from the manga:
    Spoiler:
    I was spoiled about Youpi's centaur-like form anyways, and Tumblr and its users which put images from the manga under the label "H x H 2011" certainly don't help

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    i don't even read hunter x hiatus and i still find this the best thing ever
    Granted neither does anyone else anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I agree with you, actually! First of all, as long as it's a good series, I sit back and take in the author's use of death within the context of the series. "Limit deaths to meaningful ones" accomplishes a lot with a little, while still leaving alive characters for future story potential. The author slicing the characters down one after the other with his authorial guillotine can work well, but is it usually what I sign up for? Not really. I usually hold inspiring series in the highest regard, not ones whose message seems to be "life is extremely fragile and people die all the time, here's some brutal reminders of that."
    Big part of why I don't like the series.

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Chunin exams = hunter exams
    charkra elemental affinity test = nen water leaf test.

The last 2 events were a forest survival game and a tournament where passing was not determined by coming first.
    The chakra test was the exact (yes, exact) same test. A leaf on a cup of water that reacted 6 different ways based on chakra/nen.

When it's that similar what else could you say but a ripoff? Sure you can be generous and say he "borrowed" it, but it is an exact copy.
    Last edited by JarmenKell; December 23rd, 2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Was going to argue that Togashi can do better art but ordinary is doing a much better job.

No.

generic set up hardly can be said as copy....

Madara summoned real meteor...Fujitora did few months afterward..so Oda copied from Kishi right..?

Kishi's plan with Sasuke was already there if Karakuri is to be considered, which came out 2 years before HxH started...mecha Sasuke with red eye...and Kurapika's red eye when getting angry can be traced to Ohmu from Nausicca...may be Nausicaa used it from other references....why,even the jutsu Izanagi has clear reference from Yu Yu Hakusho...some people even see Yomi in current Madara's body language....

not liking Naruto is one thing and i can understand that...but Kishi developed Naruto as a completely stand alone story and only cynic will try to find fault in it for using Togashi as base/benchmark ..both story ran side by side for so many years..but it seem assistants,editors,readers of Jump are all fools to some you and you know better how to look at a story....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Closed Thread

Thread Information