Closed Thread
Page 17 of 502 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: The Voyage Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Why not just forget about Sasuke? The all story was based in the Ninja world and how Naruto would climb the ladder to Hokage, and NOT Sasuke(we could just have some short appearances of him and later an arc with him, the one where he fights against Itachi). A good decision would be to let Sasuke escape and make him disappear for a long time. While that, the story would focus in Naruto, the other guys in the village and the Second Chuunin exam. This time the exam would be conceptual different, because the same exam every year is boring. The exam would have ninjas of Konohamaru generation(including him) and some older ninjas that didn't pass before, and some of them would made a team with Naruto(Kishi could make Karin be in Naruto team, instead of making her a hollow Stupid Sasuke fangirl bitch, she would be relevant in the story, being a Uzumaki, and everything).
    After the exam and with Naruto as a Chuunin, it would start another of Naruto ninja life phases, where all the chuunins wouldn't have a team anymore and would make missions alone and with ad hoc teams.
    Those missions would be client based and not only internal village ones, have some appearances of Akatsukis, Sasuke/Orochimaru, Other Villages Ninjas, other Bloodlines, The 7 swordsmen of the mist and other groups of equal prestige of other villages, other jinchuurikis(instead of dying off screen), foreshadowed conflicts(or hinted in some way) like the kumogakure-Konoha problems and the mist bloodline prejudice, and wars.
    You, sir, win at life.

Why not just forget about Sasuke? The all story was based in the Ninja world and how Naruto would climb the ladder to Hokage, and NOT Sasuke(we could just have some short appearances of him and later an arc with him, the one where he fights against Itachi). A good decision would be to let Sasuke escape and make him disappear for a long time. While that, the story would focus in Naruto, the other guys in the village and the Second Chuunin exam. This time the exam would be conceptual different, because the same exam every year is boring. The exam would have ninjas of Konohamaru generation(including him) and some older ninjas that didn't pass before, and some of them would made a team with Naruto(Kishi could make Karin be in Naruto team, instead of making her a hollow Stupid Sasuke fangirl bitch, she would be relevant in the story, being a Uzumaki, and everything).
    After the exam and with Naruto as a Chuunin, it would start another of Naruto ninja life phases, where all the chuunins wouldn't have a team anymore and would make missions alone and with ad hoc teams.
    Those missions would be client based and not only internal village ones, have some appearances of Akatsukis, Sasuke/Orochimaru, Other Villages Ninjas, other Bloodlines, The 7 swordsmen of the mist and other groups of equal prestige of other villages, other jinchuurikis(instead of dying off screen), foreshadowed conflicts(or hinted in some way) like the kumogakure-Konoha problems and the mist bloodline prejudice, and some wars.
    Except the story is pretty much about Naruto and Sasuke, with a bunch of others of their generation on the side (... until Part II).

And if Kishi had kept that FOCUS, this manga would have been better >_>

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStone View Post
    Im sorry but WHAT!? This is good writing to you? Poor Chouji and Neji die so Glossy Fucking Black can return to Konoha? I think it would have been better if Chouji and Neji DID die, but their Deaths along with Sasuke's overall assholishness FINALLY awakens Naruto to the fact that he's rotten to the core and does away with the "I will redeem him crap" and makes a lifegoal out of killing him instead, the series continues becomes Berserk Lite.
    Ten YEARS ago.

Sasuke WASN'T glossy black yet, and was still just an upset kid who was being beaten by a rival who a few weeks earlier was incompetant compared to him, bent on revenge against his brother that couldn't see that he had people that cared for him who made a really bad choice to try and overcome that power gap after being seduced by basically, the devil.

And seeing others sacrifice FOR him could have had a profound effect and been an interesting character arc.

Instead it spiraled downward for ten years into PURE EVILS territory and he became a brainless contradictory easily manipulated idiot. (Along with a WTF sudden reversal a couple weeks back.)

But at the time? He was still saveable and redeemable.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    I've stopped reading Garfield for about several years now (even though I used to read this serie religiously), but I'm curious on when this actually occurred.
    Around the time they got a cartoon series, the art style changed completely, and Jim Davis handed it over to assistants to trace.

Also when Jon and Lyman stopped being secretly gay and he just gave Odie to Jon and Lyman ceased to ever exist.

On the otherhand, its at its very best in Garfield minus Garfield. http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Except the story is pretty much about Naruto and Sasuke, with a bunch of others of their generation on the side (... until Part II).

And if Kishi had kept that FOCUS, this manga would have been better >_>
    The story was pretty much about Naruto! Sasuke was only the friend-rival of Naruto.
    Sasuke had a lot of screen time, but not really focus. In reality his screen time should be divided with Sakura.

Let see:

First Chapters arcs - Only about Naruto and Konohamaru.
    Genning Team Arc - Introduction of Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi and their relation with Naruto. Not really focused in Sasuke.
    Zabuza Arc - Naruto first step to being a real ninja. Sasuke is used as a stepping stone that makes Naruto remember what he needs to surpass. After this he don't have any real purpose in that arc.
    Chuunin Exam - He have some relevance, but not real focus. He is used as the tool that the main antagonist wants, but, in the end, the real focus is the exam(that Sasuke is absent for more than half of it. Or sleeping or in hospital) and the attack of the village. Other than the foreshadow connection with Orochimaru he has as much relevance as other characters like Rock Lee or Neji.
    Tsunade Hokage Arc - he and his story have a small focus when Itachi appears. After that he don't appears for the rest of the arc.
    Sasuke Retrieval Arc - This arc his focused on him!

End of first Part.

As opposed to the first part, where Sasuke was a secondary character that was the rival-friend(and it seems that lover too) of the main character, in the second part, at least half of it(maybe more) Sasuke is the focus.

One of the reasons why the manga isn't better is because of the change of focus to Sasuke, that started in the Sasuke Retrieval arc and continued in the second part.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Ten YEARS ago.

Sasuke WASN'T glossy black yet, and was still just an upset kid who was being beaten by a rival who a few weeks earlier was incompetant compared to him, bent on revenge against his brother that couldn't see that he had people that cared for him who made a really bad choice to try and overcome that power gap after being seduced by basically, the devil.

And seeing others sacrifice FOR him could have had a profound effect and been an interesting character arc.

Instead it spiraled downward for ten years into PURE EVILS territory and he became a brainless contradictory easily manipulated idiot. (Along with a WTF sudden reversal a couple weeks back.)

But at the time? He was still saveable and redeemable.
    One of the major problems of that arc his Sasuke reasoning!
    He, a genning that should had turned into Chuunin, thought that wouldn't be totally shitted on, by a ninja that at age 8 was a Junnin, was a previous Anbu member, killed all his bloodline clan and kicked is master genius ass. (If he was a Junnin Ninja, as strong as Kakashi, than that would be a problem)
    Later he saw weak Naruto becoming stronger, basically learning two super good techniques, while one of them he was in the hospital and the other he learning a equal good one, and thought that the problem was with the inefficiency of the training he was doing and that the village couldn't provide more(while it provided to Naruto, Itachi and Orochimaru).
    After thinking those two stupid things, he receives an invitation of an enemy, that developed his power in the village, to go training with him. What do he thinks? Training in a weaker ninja village with worse conditions and being constantly chased would be a better environment to train.
    With so much stupidity in a person, is hard to save him or making him redeemable! One way would be for Naruto to kick his ass, but wouldn't that give more reason to his fault reasoning?

Again, you win at life.

One of the major problems of that arc his Sasuke reasoning!
    He, a genning that should had turned into Chuunin, thought that wouldn't be totally shitted on, by a ninja that at age 8 was a Junnin, was a previous Anbu member, killed all his bloodline clan and kicked is master genius ass. (If he was a Junnin Ninja, as strong as Kakashi, than that would be a problem)
    Later he saw weak Naruto becoming stronger, basically learning two super good techniques, while one of them he was in the hospital and the other he learning a equal good one, and thought that the problem was with the inefficiency of the training he was doing and that the village couldn't provide more(while it provided to Naruto, Itachi and Orochimaru).
    After thinking those two stupid things, he receives an invitation of an enemy, that developed his power in the village, to go training with him. What do he thinks? Training in a weaker ninja village with worse conditions and being constantly chased would be a better environment to train.
    With so much stupidity in a person, is hard to save him or making him redeemable! One way would be for Naruto to kick his ass, but wouldn't that give more reason to his fault reasoning?
    I won't deny that there is a lot of bad judgement on Sasuke's part, but there's a certain amount of leeway there considering that he was, in fact, 13. In general, people do a lot of stupid things when they're 13 - like running away from home, for instance - and Sasuke was far more messed up mentally than most kids his age would be thanks to Itachi's Tsukiyomi. I dunno, I feel like Sasuke choosing to run off isn't something that makes him irredeemable or something.

Around the time they got a cartoon series, the art style changed completely, and Jim Davis handed it over to assistants to trace.

Also when Jon and Lyman stopped being secretly gay and he just gave Odie to Jon and Lyman ceased to ever exist.

On the otherhand, its at its very best in Garfield minus Garfield. http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/
    Thanks for your input. Assuming that is the marking point of Garfield's decline in quality, it seem remarkably early since Lyman's disappearance was about 5 or so years since its start? However, the art style has changed noticeably about 3-4 times since the animation as well. *shrug*
    Though I suppose it is clear the serie has been a complete sell out for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    I'll finally come out of the closet and say that I remember loving the aforementioned arc back in the day,in the anime adaptation that is.

Now,did the anime up the ante,or did I have different standards back then either due to novelty of it all(Nardo anime was pretty much my first "magical shounen dudes fighting and adventuring" kind of show) or maybe due to having horrible taste back then,and I'd enjoy the arc much less upon revisiting it,or do I honestly happen to have a dissenting opinion on the matter(maybe with bad taste and yadda yadda)?
    Heh, I'm actually with you on this one, I too watched it back then as anime and loved it. Although as Robby so wonderfully put it, then everything went to shitpiece with all those asspull-savings (although at the time I was not expecting anyone to actually die at all, since I thought this doesn't happen in "kids stories" and therefore just wondered how they'd come "back to life"). But I loved the animated fights, and I loved that it was long, too. I loved Rock Lee's drunken shadow boxing, it was really awesome, to my past self anyways.

The only thing that finally bugged me was the Naruto-Sasuke fight and how Sasuke left - I didn't expect that, I thought he'd be convinced by Naruto right there and there'd be a conclusion to an arc, and then there would be time to set up Orochimaru as final villain, maybe fight through some underlings first, it would have been way better than what we actually got. If Sasuke had listened to Naruto then, all this friendship talk wouldn't feel so goddamn useless for the whole part 2, and he could have turned out as less of the whiny cunt he is.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I'm skipping ten pages of discussion here because I don't care enough, but if Kushina and RIn died today, doesn't that make it Naruto's birthday?

Why has no one mentioned this in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I'm skipping ten pages of discussion here because I don't care enough, but if Kushina and RIn died today, doesn't that make it Naruto's birthday?

Why has no one mentioned this in the series?
    They did mention it... And it's tomorrow, right?
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

I just want to point out.
    At some point in the chapter, Obito's foot had a speech bubble saying "Sand!".
    I am so facepalming at this.
    It is obviously the "Sah!" sound effect of a slight skid.
    Whoever translated this hasn't much of an idea how to refer to context.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I just want to point out.
    At some point in the chapter, Obito's foot had a speech bubble saying "Sand!".
    I am so facepalming at this.
    It is obviously the "Sah!" sound effect of a slight skid.
    Whoever translated this hasn't much of an idea how to refer to context.
    This is like the least of this scanlation's problems.

Tobi is fabulous

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    They did mention it... And it's tomorrow, right?
    When was it stated that today (or tomorrow) is Naruto's birthday?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I mean, it's been the SAME DAY for like 150 chapters. Why has NOBODY mentioned that Naruto's birthday is tomorrow until now? :\

Frackin' Kishimoto :>

I mean, it's been the SAME DAY for like 150 chapters. Why has NOBODY mentioned that Naruto's birthday is tomorrow until now? :\

Frackin' Kishimoto :>
    What's really weird is the way Naruto said it. "If tomorrow's the day my mom died, then tomorrow is my birthday!" As if he doesn't even know when his own birthday is.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    What's really weird is the way Naruto said it. "If tomorrow's the day my mom died, then tomorrow is my birthday!" As if he doesn't even know when his own birthday is.
    He never seemed to know who his parents were either, so I can totally buy the 3rd never telling Naruto when he was born for some dumb reason like "maybe he'll piece together he has the 9 tails within him" or something stupid like that.

But given Naruto did make the connection to his birthday, I guess that also means Naruto didn't recognize today/tomorrow was the anniversary of the 9 tails attack either. Just another reason why revealing this now's dumb.

When was it stated that today (or tomorrow) is Naruto's birthday?
    Naruto himself made the connection near the end of the chapter. But I don't think there's been any indication of this being a special day beforehand.
    Last edited by Gizmo; August 18th, 2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: gotta wonder though if Naruto even celebrated his birthday or how he knew how old he was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    As the ostracized outcast loser kid that no one would watch or take care of (that makes far less sense as time goes on) its entirely possible he wouldn't know... but I'd think the third or Asuma at least would have told him before now.

I guess that means Jiraiya being alive can be his present.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

"Naruto...that means tomorrow's your brithday!"

"...I have a birthday? I thought that was only for good little boys who DIDN'T get a monstrous demon sealed in their stomach. At least that's what that police guy told me."

I agree Kishimoto definitely lost his moorings (EYEBALLS ARE EVERYTHING), but I really don't buy the argument that he no longer holds any passion for his work. He just had a running start and couldn't keep it up; doesn't mean he isn't still running the marathon.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

As the ostracized outcast loser kid that no one would watch or take care of (that makes far less sense as time goes on) its entirely possible he wouldn't know... but I'd think the third or Asuma at least would have told him before now.

I guess that means Jiraiya being alive can be his present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "Naruto...that means tomorrow's your brithday!"

"...I have a birthday? I thought that was only for good little boys who DIDN'T get a monstrous demon sealed in their stomach. At least that's what that police guy told me."
    It would be cool if this were actually a part of Naruto's character, instead of him forgetting about how the village treated him for his entire life.

Closed Thread

Thread Information