Closed Thread
Page 133 of 502 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Neh and Bleh IV: Go read Nausicaa instead

Yeah, Dressrosa has soldiers. And in this very chapter, and from Elizabello last week, its clear that they will fight pirates to keep the peace. But when Doflamingo comes knocking and says "hey, I'mma take this country", then that is a foregone conclusion. Riku choosing to fight would, with 100% certainty, have resulted in thousands of dead soldiers, and a razed country. The only reasons to fight Doflamingo would be "pride and honor!" which are terrible reasons to meaninglessly discard thousands of lives.
    Thats what Riku was talking about. "No I will not let you kill each other meaninglessly. We are better than just striking out in ill-considered rage, and all dying".

Fighting back would have produced litterally nothing but a heap of corpses. Huzzah for pointless glory.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    no,you haven't fought for 800 years,yet you keep a army....you have support of marine(have to be or they wouldn't remain unharmed for so long)..you obey and go down to a pirate without any attempt to fight back(closest being the idea of strapping a bomb on yourself)...
    whole setup was so lame...
    Actually they did fight.They sent their troops to help other allied countries and used their troops to defend against invading pirates.Also the marines can't do anything against the shichibukai without any proof,especially DD who kept basically blackmailing them.Trying to give the money is one of the best solutions in that situation.

Flashbacks are one of Oda's strong points IMO.
    He's not flawless and he does fuck up at times but not with flashbacks, instead he gives us a masterpiece after another :D

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Oh god people now actually think that Kubo didn't pull the Komamura's background of his ass and believe that SS, Huedo Mundo, the living world, etc. are supposed to be the 6 realms of reincarnation.

God realm: the gods lead long and enjoyable lives full of pleasure and abundance...
    The Soul Kings Palace and Royal Dimension far above Soul Society. Only the Royal Guard reside there.

Demi-god realm: the demi-gods have pleasure and abundance almost as much as the gods, but they spend their time fighting among themselves or making war on the gods.
    Seireitei specifically. Where the spiritually adept Shinigami reside.

Human realm: humans suffer...
    Sounds like Soul Society. Dead Human souls reside here. Apparently souls aren't hungry here unless they're powerful.

Animal realm: wild animals suffer from being attacked and eaten by other animals.
    So this is where animmals go when they die? But also where the Beastmen Komamura Clan originate from? Not much is known about it. The Komamura Clan died and went there before dying again and going to Soul society afterwards apparently. I guess like how Arrancar can die and go to Hell?

Hungry ghost realm: hungry ghosts suffer from extreme hunger and thirst.
    Sounds like Huenco Mundo. Hollows eat souls and Menos evolution is based on eating souls.

Hell realm: hell beings endure unimaginable suffering for eons of time.
    Pretty much Hell in Bleach I guess.
    I'm not sure whether
    Last edited by Strawhat Chan; November 9th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Regarding the whole issue of Hell, I'll just quote meself from my chapter rant on the last page:

But yeah, its kind of weird that all she horrible mass murdering shit you do after dying (and I'm not talking hollows here) will go completely unpunished.

Also, looking back at the last scene of Komamura and Snowy (reading old chapters of Bleach is always dangerous), the whole "punishment" angle is even weirder; it seems the only real punishment going on is enforced by the Animal People themselves, being too image-conscious to go outside of their gloomy caves. I mean, did we ever see anyone give a single shit about Komamuras appearance, did he ever recieve prejudice or ridicule in any way. I can't even think of a single flashback panel of someone going "lol foxhead!" at him.
    The only person that I think commented on the way he looked was Tosen, before and after he turned into a bug.

To comment on the person who brought up Mayuri. That guy was actually in prison for crimes he "might" commit in the future before Uruhara got him out...So there's that.

Oh right, Tosen, I'd completely forgotten about that. He was one of Kubos most haphazard characters yet, so his ramblings came across as particularly insane, even for Bleach. Like, what does a blind person know about ugliness? Plus, with what he turned into, I don't exactly see his babbling hurting Komamuras self-esteem.

And Mayuri is just a bizarre anomaly all round.

Imprisoned indefinetely for potential crimes!

-->Is released-->

Slaughters subordinates in extraordinarily gruesome fashion, conducts countless horrific experiments. Punishment = none whatsoever.

Shipmate

-->Is released-->

Slaughters subordinates in extraordinarily gruesome fashion, conducts countless horrific experiments. Punishment = none whatsoever.
    First came the punishmnet, then came the crime.

Mayuri is a reannual plant from Discworld.

Terry Pratchett quoted in this thread: that's quite surprising.

Terry Pratchett is awesome. Read that instead.

Shipmate

Pratchett's single reaper man puts to shame all of the death gods Noriaki-kun has ever drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Pratchett's single reaper man puts to shame all of the death gods Noriaki-kun has ever drawn.
    Well, to be fair, he puts to shame about 99% of all fantasy characters ever written, so it's a bit of an unfair comparison. :P
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    How about Mort when Death takes a holiday and gets a job at a fast food joint? Glorious.

Especially because no other death god would have a horse named Binky.

Or be fond on cats.

Santa Death will always be a personal favourite. HO HO HO, COWER BRIEF MORTALS. Pick any Terry Pratchett book at random, and it has more quality in a single page than the entirety of the Bleach franchise put together.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ahh fuckit, its been too long, welcome back
    Last edited by Daz; November 9th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

I'd vote for War, Famine and Pestilence getting wasted in a pub along the road and forgetting all the Apocalypse stuff: that's how you should play the "end of the world" card, in a story.

Death getting a leather jacket, blazing off on a mothercycle and strumming up a magic guitar for some Music with Rocks In (sniff...my first novel)

Oh right, Tosen, I'd completely forgotten about that. He was one of Kubos most haphazard characters yet, so his ramblings came across as particularly insane, even for Bleach. Like, what does a blind person know about ugliness? Plus, with what he turned into, I don't exactly see his babbling hurting Komamuras self-esteem.
    Tousen is just a walking contradiction. Is blind but has the nerve to judge Komamura on his looks (when he gets sight....from being a hollow bug?), and I honestly don't think he knew what the word "justice" meant. It feels Tousen's rhetoric might have hold water in a world where Aizen and co. wanted to erase SS corruption, not the world we got where he basically did horrible stuff for lulz (I'm sorry, to be weak)

He was always my least favorite member of the Gotei, hands down.

-->Is released-->

At least....the Central 46 were proven right? I'm *praying* evil!Ishida finally remembers his desire for revenge and....doles out punishment. Because while Mayuri will always remain one of the more entertaining (at least visually?) characters, Kubo will look extremely idiotic if he allows him to skate on everything when the manga ends.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I'm *praying* evil!Ishida finally remembers his desire for revenge and....doles out punishment. Because while Mayuri will always remain one of the more entertaining (at least visually?) characters, Kubo will look extremely idiotic if he allows him to skate on everything when the manga ends.
    That will happen right after Ichigo confronts Soul Society over their injustice and misdeeds.

Never.

I was thinking Ukitake has been hyped so much but what has he actually done in Bleach. Same goes for Yoruichi
    Missed a lot of church so the music is my confession

Closed Thread

Thread Information