Closed Thread
Page 115 of 502 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Neh and Bleh IV: Why aren't you reading an Inoue manga instead?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    No, but between him and his crew it almost certainly will. I assume we'll be getting another Enies Lobby sort of thing... only htis time with *every* SH getting a 2-3 chapter fight... possibly longer if its the actual final fights of the series. (No idea where Mihawk fits into things.)

Not counting the sea train or courtyward chases (which were part of the same extended action sequence)... The fight with Lucchi took quite a while. Luffy *started* running after him in 401, proper running in Chapter 404, started fighting him proper in 418, and then didn't beat him until the last page of 427. - It was just broken up among all the other stuff going. It was still a solid 10 chapter fight... 4 months... but about a solid year for the extended action sequence for everybody.

(Longer if you count the fact they had earlier skirmishes.)
    Honestly, my problem isn't really with the fact that Kishi's arc was long since it is the final arc after all. It's just its been horribly paced, especially since this fight with Obito and Madara alone has been over a year's worth of pure boring

I have no doubt that Oda will write a final arc, or even conflict, that will span more than three years, and more than 100 chapters. But I expect it to have content appropriate to such a length.

The Naruto Wars three year birthday is just so sad because even though its pushing 150 chapters, it feels like so little has been actually been accomplished. One half is throwaway battles against a zombie army with little to no significance or value except padding, the other is the same fight against the same two people in the same location. Seriously, including the Jinchuriki battle in the daytime, Naruto has been fighting Obito for half the entire war. And anything not zombie or Madara Bros related has been spent on draggy or superfluous flashbacks.

The Final Battle of Lone Wolf And Cub took over 100 chapters. But it was much better written.

Breaking down the Naruto War phases (not including the Naruto zoology field trip prelude)

515-563: Zombie battle padding extravaganza
    Plot progression:
    - Madara is summoned
    - Plot Device bros absorbed into statue
    - Naruto on battlefield

564-573: Vs Obito and his beasts
    - Naruto becomes buddies with Kyuubi
    - learns bijuu names, necessary for later TNJ

574-593: Madara vs kages, Uchiha bros vs Kabuto
    - Leftover comparatively irrelevant secondary villain Kabuto defeated
    - Zombies are FINALLY gone
    - Really, all this serves to do is undo something that had no business being here in the first place.

594-617: Everyone vs Madara bros part 1
    - Obito revealed
    - Juubi has finished loading

618-627: Sasukes Hokage history lesson field trip
    - MOAR ZOMBIES! (seriously, I'm having trouble whether to even consider the constant introduction of new fighters as relevant, as all its doing is extend the fights. Really, its regression more than anything.

628-current: Everyone vs Madara bros part 2
    - Obito becomes jinchurikii
    - Moons eye plan starts to load
    - Talk no Jutsu

The weirdest thing about Naruto lately(since the time skip) for me is that he paces it like an episode of anime, which I guess is good for the anime...

Somewhere during this arc I stopped reading the dialogue in Naruto and switched to skimming the art and some text on the pages as new chapters release. I hate that it came to this. I hate this manga. It broke my heart. I kind of think all shonen manga outside of a few suck though. Too bad. Some POS series' are Greats in their first 4 or so years. This genre needs to learn to quit while it's ahead

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The weirdest thing about Naruto lately(since the time skip) for me is that he paces it like an episode of anime, which I guess is good for the anime...
    Exactly why I stopped reading the chapters! That Kabuto/Uchiha fight lasted for like 12 chapters. And it was boring garbage every week. All those filler fights in the middle of this arc were like 5 chapters each and there were at least 6 or 7 of them. And then this whole culminating battle against Obito has been going on for months, and every week the plot and battle just subtly advances at a snail's pace. It's awful. Naruto is an awful manga. And I hate that it came to this. It kicked ass in the beginning

**** you Kishi
    **** you SJ

:)

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    How is that better. With basically no content except some word bubbles and some jutsus the anime can use up like 20 Naruto chapters in one anime episode. And then we'll have another season of fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    **** you SJ

:)
    yeah dude, blame shonen jump for not wanting to cancel a manga that is very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    yeah dude, blame shonen jump for not wanting to cancel a manga that is very popular.
    It came at the cost of quality. They deserve blame for it going to hell

I'm convinced long-running shonen series' are doomed to fail or MAYBE (if they're really, really good) just go from great to good (One Piece)

What long-running SJ series has finished with the same level of quality it had at it's peak? Or even being kinder, a quality near the level it had at it's peak? One Piece seems to have this, though I quit reading it during the summer so I could be wrong

There is that cop/detective shonen manga that has ran for decades and people still like it right? But it's comedy. Different from adventure.

Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Kenshin (that one wasn't even really a long-running series), etc, they all suck (especially Naruto and Bleach, **** them to hell) by the end. They get milked dry and then tossed out of the trunk of a car in a body bag into the ocean

Full Metal Alchemist, YuYuHakusho, and others know when it's time to call it quits. Naruto taught me how to love manga, and then it killed my faith in humanity and taught me how to hate manga as well. I ******* hate Naruto and no 9-tails-fist-bump can heal this bad attitude
    Last edited by HXHAlex; November 1st, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Kenshin (that one wasn't even really a long-running series), etc, they all suck (especially Naruto and Bleach, **** them to hell) by the end. They get milked dry and then tossed out of the trunk of a car in a body bag into the ocean
    Say what!? Kenshin sucks!? RK is one of the best shonen comics of all time!, The final arc may not have had the greatest of fights, but it had an amazing flashback story that showed expanded greatly on the Himura Kenshin's characterization and had a unique shounen romance, if anything that I'd say that it overall got better thanks to that final arc.
    Last edited by Monkey D. Destiny; November 1st, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

RK as one of the best? Pffftt... if anything it is only one of the most overrated shounen comics out there. The narration is a mess, the characters are hardly interesting and the art is decent becuase the guy had good assistants. If you read his latter works and then rk, youll notice these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    - Talk no Jutsu
    Next phase:

All those people who grabbed a Tailed Beast chakra becomes a host; all nine of the beasts are now under the control of Naruto and his pals.
    Complicating things since 2009.

RK had charms....not for nothing is it one of the widely known mangas outside Japan.....

i guess there are many shounen mangas which are rated higher and appreciated more than RK by experts and avid readers..but it is definitely one of the best shounen that reached larger audiences outside Japan..
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Lol RK is one of those things you sorta like until you come across Vagabond or LW&C. Then you look back at it and go, "Man what did I think was so great about that?"
    Hey you! Let's party!

Full Metal Alchemist, YuYuHakusho, and others know when it's time to call it quits. Naruto taught me how to love manga, and then it killed my faith in humanity and taught me how to hate manga as well. I ******* hate Naruto and no 9-tails-fist-bump can heal this bad attitude
    Yu Yu Hakusho is so overrated it's sad. FMA is not in jump.

Talking about Dragon Ball and RuroKen is blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrequited View Post
    Lol RK is one of those things you sorta like until you come across Vagabond or LW&C. Then you look back at it and go, "Man what did I think was so great about that?"
    The great characters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Breaking down the Naruto War phases (not including the Naruto zoology field trip prelude)

515-563: Zombie battle padding extravaganza
    Plot progression:
    - Madara is summoned
    - Plot Device bros absorbed into statue
    - Naruto on battlefield

564-573: Vs Obito and his beasts
    - Naruto becomes buddies with Kyuubi
    - learns bijuu names, necessary for later TNJ

574-593: Madara vs kages, Uchiha bros vs Kabuto
    - Leftover comparatively irrelevant secondary villain Kabuto defeated
    - Zombies are FINALLY gone
    - Really, all this serves to do is undo something that had no business being here in the first place.

594-617: Everyone vs Madara bros part 1
    - Obito revealed
    - Juubi has finished loading

618-627: Sasukes Hokage history lesson field trip
    - MOAR ZOMBIES! (seriously, I'm having trouble whether to even consider the constant introduction of new fighters as relevant, as all its doing is extend the fights. Really, its regression more than anything.

- Talk no Jutsu
    Hmmmm, for some reason, this makes me feel old.

shounen and seinin...scope is much larger for later....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    shounen and seinin...scope is much larger for later....
    Being shounen or seinen has absolutely nothing to do with it or having a larger scale. Just because youre writing for children, it doesnt give you a free pass to write like shit. Rk is not an exception to it and its a shoddy piece of work.

Anytime I think of Rurouni Kenshin, I just think of how much I love Sojiro. He made Rurouni Kenshin interesting for me.

Though I don't dislike the series. I'll have to try reading the manga, since I'm only influenced by the anime which has absolutely killer music.

Things yet to come in our exciting Naruto finale extravaganza

1) Two 18-chapter flashbacks for each of the seven bijuu we have yet to cover! They will be interspersed by chapters of the cellular interactions inside Sasuke's eyeballs as a lone micro-Zetsu attempts a takeover! What is a ninja? What is a tail? What is an eyeball? Why is an evil Neji desecrating the good Neji!?!?

2) Gaara discovering through a ninja alliance-supplied chakra boost within Ino's memory sharing net (4 chapters) that his father was literally an insanely holy messianic saint whose every footstep sprouted a new chakra tree. Each of the chakra trees went on to become the moons of other planets, and each of those Planets of the Six Paths will receive a year-long backstory. Obito will blink once and Naruto's fist will move four incredibly heart-stopping centimeters through the air!

3) Ino rips off her face for a shocking reveal! She literally has no brain, and is therefore the TRUE mastermind behind everything!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information