Closed Thread
Page 111 of 502 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Nah and Blah IV: Wow boring.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Wait, what? I thought Hao was going to stop after his mom slapped him.
    It was kinda alluded to he'd still try later or something? Kinda hazy for me cause I started reading the sequel series...and it got released so infrequently that I've forgotten what the point was in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    It was kinda alluded to he'd still try later or something? Kinda hazy for me cause I started reading the sequel series...and it got released so infrequently that I've forgotten what the point was in that one.
    Guess someone's gonna get his gameboy taken away this time... for three weeks. And no candy.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

IIRC, Hao said something like "Ok, now show me what you can do to change the world, but remember: I'm still ready to kill everyone. I'm simply taking a break and watching your efforts."
    ...I think, but I'm too lazy to check.

I read few chapters of Shaman King but stopped because I didn't think it was that interesting, now I kinda want to finish it, but I am too lazy. :/

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    I read few chapters of Shaman King but stopped because I didn't think it was that interesting, now I kinda want to finish it, but I am too lazy. :/
    It's really really not worth it. Shaman King is a big dumb mess at the end of the day, that only seems sort of interesting from afar.
    I pushed my way through the whole thing out of that same driving curiosity (it was marketed here alongside Naruto and One Piece as BIG DEAL NEW SHONEN back in like 2003). Total waste of time.

It's been a while since I've read Shaman King, but I actually thought the first half (literally, up to about volume 16) was pretty good. But yeah, the second half is a total directionless mess.

Also, Shaman King has the undeserved distinction of being the first manga I ever purchased.

I think biggest flaw of Shaman king is that it's just blegh, the fights don't have any substance to them, yet there's a LOT OF THEM.

The attacks look different, but it's all the same shit, and it all boils down to who has the most spirit energy. I do like the artstyle though, not really sure why.

It worked better as an anime, but even then it kinda drudges on. That said, I'm glad that the author was able to comeback and finish it, it gives me hope for the other dropped SJ series.

Now it's time.

if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

only time i felt i have wasted time by sticking to the end is while reading Negima....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    only time i felt i have wasted time by sticking to the end is while reading Negima....
    then I'm going to presume you didn't read Shaman King

I actually really enjoyed Shaman King all the way through.

He still became Shaman King, and kind of gave them this ultimatum to sort out humans or he would actually wipe them all out. And then it was implied they failed ...

Pretty sure when people talk about the strange end of Shaman King, they're talking about when it ended in the magazine serialization.
    With the weird gender swapped dream of Princess Hao.

The words "Princess Hao" became synonym with WTF canned endings.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    then I'm going to presume you didn't read Shaman King
    no..glad that i didn't, after hearing the end...
    in real life bad people often win,i don't think i can tolerate it even in fiction...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

In Naruto, all people are bad people.

That isn't to say that they're evil; they're just bad at being people.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    In Naruto, all people are bad people.

That isn't to say that they're evil; they're just bad at being people.
    you are a bad reader...

Women in Naruto are useless, so that eliminates half of the population from the start.

The other half is full of misogynists, so that about covers everyone.

Sakura and Tsunade are saving almost everybody's ass...Ino is connecting everybody's feelings...our hero is working with their supports..
    women in Naruto are dumb just when it comes to love..but most girls are in real world too..

their utility in this manga pretty much follows general shounen trend...

But Sakura and Tsunade are healing bad people. That's a net negative.

And Ino can be replaced by walkie talkies without actually effecting the story.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    women in Naruto are dumb just when it comes to love..but most girls are in real world too..
    Okay, you can shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    It's really really not worth it. Shaman King is a big dumb mess at the end of the day, that only seems sort of interesting from afar.
    I pushed my way through the whole thing out of that same driving curiosity (it was marketed here alongside Naruto and One Piece as BIG DEAL NEW SHONEN back in like 2003). Total waste of time.
    Thank you man.
    Thats one less bad series for me.

by the way, since we're at it, I am going through Vagabond right now, what should I read after I finish it?

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Closed Thread

Thread Information