+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire (book thread)

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (book thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    Yeah, whilst telling it was a fertility aid if I recall correctly?
    yep
    But I wonder why else Jeyne would play as big a role in the story as Martin seems to be alluding to.
    Well, his brother raynald who "died" at the red wedding may still be alive and her great grandmother is Maggy the frog, a Maegi.

I remember there being the theory that a pregnant Jeyne escaped with the Blackfish, but that was because GRRM didn't have an editor and forget what she looked like.

Aparently it's the other way around, Because he forgot Jeyne's hips, there are million theories about the missing heir.

Also, Transgender Horses FTW.

An excerpt from "the princess and the queen" can now be read here
    http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/d...martin-excerpt

Wild chapters have apeard:

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/

And there's an app with another interesting chapter. The app is called World of Ice and Fire.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Amazing .

I can't imagine reading single random chapters of the books being released as teases... especially potentially YEARS ahead of the actual book. that sounds like even worse torture.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I started book 1 about 3 weeks ago..only on chapter 2 right now
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

I'm quite a way through the second book - unfortunately, the first page of the Toronto Star's entertainment section from a few days ago spoiled what appears to be a major character death from book three (didn't say who, but it did say which family they're from, who's responsible, and how it happened), so that's disappointing.

I'm almost caught up, but when I got to FfC I looked up a chronological guide to the chapters since the events take place at the same time as DwD, and that's how I've been reading it. I gotta say it's thoughroughly entertaining and feels like I'm still just reading one book. I could not imagine an entire books worth of no Tyrion/Jon/Daenerys, and I'm glad I decided to read it this way.
    Last edited by Mickamott; May 1st, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    I could not imagine an entire books worth of no Tyrion/Jon/Danaerys, and I'm glad I decided to read it this way.
    I was happy about it. It meant an entire book without the Dany subplots... and that the following book would be *full* of Tyrion and Jon both of whom I liked.

Then the follow up took 5 years to hit and was... eh.

As interesting as Danys is, her story still hasn't affected the main one in *any* way whatsoever. Better be a hell of a payoff when she finally starts intertwining.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I was happy about it. It meant an entire book without the Dany subplots... and that the following book would be *full* of Tyrion and Jon both of whom I liked.

Then the follow up took 5 years to hit and was... eh.

As interesting as Danys is, her story still hasn't affected the main one in *any* way whatsoever. Better be a hell of a payoff when she finally starts intertwining.
    While Danaerys isn't my favorite, I'm really enjoying seeing each of the characters progress as they would in the first three, with a roughly equal amount of time spent on each of the characters rather than spending an entire book on half. I can't say whether my decision was right as I'll only be able to experience it for the first time once however.

I mainly attribute my decision to this post and so far it hasn't disappointed. The order of the chapters flow well and it really does feel like one book, and this is as a fan who didn't wait five years for DwD.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

I felt kinda drained with the geographical separation in FfC personally.

Running through a seemingly infinite loop of Brienne -> Jaime -> Cersei made it a bit of a struggle toward the end.

Jaime's chapters were pretty much all great, Brienne's chapters started off slowly and came to a nice fruition and Cersei's chapters just really became a struggle with a hint of satisfaction to them.

I also personally hate Dany's sections of the books at times, since I feel like I want to strangle her a lot of the time lol
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Most of the preview chapters have been things that leave you with a "MOOOOREEEE" feeling right after reading.

One of the two that I shown has given me some fullfilment for a while.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    I started book 1 about 3 weeks ago..only on chapter 2 right now
    Read it whole in 3-4 days back when I was a student. Skipped some classes, stayed awake till 2 in the morning, but still.

I finished the 5th book a while ago and it's a great feeling to be able to read everywhere about them without the risk of being spoiled.

Seems like i'm not the only one who is not too fond of Dany. I mean, she is a young woman and all but she still often annoys me. I also don't want her to conquer Westeros although it's pretty likely she will after all that build up. 5 books and she did not even sail off to Westeros ... if i'd tell that to my GF who only watches the show, she would and she will be pretty pissed off.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Yeah, people obsess about "Khalessi" so much, but they don't bother to learn her name.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I just find it frustrating to watch her squander opportunity after opportunity to sail to westeros but instead she feels the need to go and make war on slavery.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Guys, do you think that we are going to have a time-skip situation here? Like, so that Arya can finish her training, Dany can be a proper queen, Bran could learn how to figure out all the Green magic, Ricon would be able to become someone, and so on...?

Also, anyone think that Dany was the one that gave magic back to the world? With the ritual that made the dragons alive? So, basically, once she managed to bring the dragons back to life, the whole world felt the impact and magicians could do magic better, alchemists formula began to function again...and so on; that said, she must be the equivalent of Azor Ahai reborn...or, maybe his wife? So she will either fight the Great Other (which should be the coming Winter, or maybe a leader of the huge mass of the Others that is coming down from the north) or she will be sacrified (and a lot of fans will have their hearts broken forever) to achieve the next Summer? What do you guys think?

Finally...do you think that Melisandre has her own agenda? That, if my theory is correct, she could change to Dany's side to...I don't know...try to control her? Be the one to sacrifice her (as she is Azor's wife reborn) and became herself Azor Ahai?

haha, sorry for the herp-derping but I've been re-reading the series and this came to mind and I really wanted to share all that.

If Martin wanted to timeskip, he'd have bypassed the Mereen knot all together. Plus future spoiled chapters indicate that we won't be getting a timeskip.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information