+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,461 to 1,471 of 1471

Thread: Onepunch-Man (ONE's original webcomic)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (ONE's original webcomic)

Genos is basically the Yamcha of this franchise

Flash has gotten A LOT stronger.. With both of them boasting about their speed I still think that Flash is quite a bit stronger but fight was interesting.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/640258/1

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Flash has gotten A LOT stronger.. With both of them boasting about their speed I still think that Flash is quite a bit stronger but fight was interesting.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/640258/1

For sure they are equal in praising their own feats.. Still, Flash seems stronger out of two. After their fight ending I guess they will try to take down that Ultimate Ninja that Blast had fought in past.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    For sure they are equal in praising their own feats.. Still, Flash seems stronger out of two. After their fight ending I guess they will try to take down that Ultimate Ninja that Blast had fought in past.
    I think you forgot to log in to another account and reply. Or I’m missing something here

A lot of people talk to themselves ^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    A lot of people talk to themselves ^^
    I wanted to edit first post but as I was at work I missed fact that I just quoted myself hahah

I was rereading the old one punch man chapters and I read the part where saitama passes all the physical tests and they say something that caught my eye..... "In nearly every physical test he well surpassed all previous records A God resides in his flesh"

then I remembered Homeless emperor and how he got his powers from some sort of God and maybe even Garou did to (I think it was hinted, I could be mistaken though) and I was wondering if you guys think that God or a different one may have given Saitama his powers? I honestly hope not, I like the absurdity of how simple saitama's training was but I just needed to ask

a few more questions

speaking of Homeless Emperor, is that the closest One will ever get to making straight up magic in his series, I mean psychic powers are pretty damn close too I guess, but there a bit different, I guess, psychic powers have limitations to what one can do (telepathy, telekinesis, Force Fields, future sight) where as Magic can literally do all that and more, control/manipulate all elements, transform yourself or anything into another living/non living thing, summon creatures, turn invisible make clones of yourself, shape shift, teleport etc.

and do you guys think once Saitama beats this new big bad (the Ninja guy) flashy flash will finally acknowledge how strong he is?

also do you think Blast will be a martial artist? I think there's a possibility seeing as two other martial artists are named bang and bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I was rereading the old one punch man chapters and I read the part where saitama passes all the physical tests and they say something that caught my eye..... "In nearly every physical test he well surpassed all previous records A God resides in his flesh"

then I remembered Homeless emperor and how he got his powers from some sort of God and maybe even Garou did to (I think it was hinted, I could be mistaken though) and I was wondering if you guys think that God or a different one may have given Saitama his powers? I honestly hope not, I like the absurdity of how simple saitama's training was but I just needed to ask
    God being a baldy like Saitama may have more to it.

I think that the basic idea of Saitama's power is that it is completely incomprehensible. In other words, it is apophatic - beyond any possible interpretation.

Remember dr. Genus, who conceptualized Saitama's powers in terms of breaking the limiter. What happened next? Garou broke his limiter, but he didn't get Saitama's power.

The other thing is that Saitama is a very absurd character because he is always balancing on being very obsessed with his everyday life worries, but we know that he is a real hero and that he is very serious about his hobby, and we know that he is a virtuous person in reality. Moreover, he is totally not included in the social environment in which everybody leaves, he doesn't even understand it, that is a consequence of his true internal asceticism.

What is interesting is that Genos, his student, is doing pretty well in imitating Saitama in this respect, so Saitama is also a good teacher, even though he doesn't understand it either, because he doesn't really care.

So, I think that Saitama is actually an enlightened prophet, whose powers and their source are beyond any possible conceptualization (which is a very Buddhistic idea). He is free from desires, he is virtuous and he is not integrated into social network properly. But the difference between Buddhistic philosophy and Saitama is that he actually is still suffering, even though he has no true desires. So maybe there is a deeper idea here, that Saitama is even more ambivalent than Buddha.

I think Saitama is just really, really strong

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

After reading the story of Sun Wukong and the Buddha, I must say that Enlightened Baldies are anticlimactically powerful.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information