+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Onepunch-Man (ONE's original webcomic)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (ONE)

Garou...really needs to open his eyes. He thinks heroes are winning? They all live in a world with all the problems our world has, on top of calamities and beasts that routinely wreck entire cities and the people therein. Sure, the monsters tend to get vanquished, but I can't help but think that the hero casualty rate is also crazy high. Furthermore, up until a few years ago there was no Hero's association, which presumably means far less heroes with far worse organization. The time Garou grew up in was likely far worse than present day, and he still came to the conclusion he came too? I don't know if it's intentional or not, but this backstory we're getting about him just makes him less sympathetic than when I knew nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands View Post
    Garou...really needs to open his eyes. He thinks heroes are winning? They all live in a world with all the problems our world has, on top of calamities and beasts that routinely wreck entire cities and the people therein. Sure, the monsters tend to get vanquished, but I can't help but think that the hero casualty rate is also crazy high. Furthermore, up until a few years ago there was no Hero's association, which presumably means far less heroes with far worse organization. The time Garou grew up in was likely far worse than present day, and he still came to the conclusion he came too? I don't know if it's intentional or not, but this backstory we're getting about him just makes him less sympathetic than when I knew nothing.
    There has been actually huge increase of mysterios beings and monsters in last year of series, disaster level Tiger was rather rare few years back and now Demon and Dragon disasters are almost monthly/weekly events, entire citys are being razed and only handful can actually oppose these new beings.

Saitama and his massive powerup might be linked with such high rise of monsters, I guess One will explain reasons for both in future though Saitama's 'training' is pretty awesome explanation aswell.

I guess world of OPM has been suffering for monsters still for a long time and random heroes have been all that been able to protect civilians, so hero worship amongs childs would be pretty normal. Besides I dont think Garou's motivations are that waterproof, he just might be evil bastard in his heart and want to wreck shit up by nature... and be strongest of them all aswell.

Heh, oh how words make a difference.

I wonder what would Hero Association would do if they find out that their heroes Eat n Run .

My, Garou's on quite a losing streak. That's 3 times, in quick succession. Considering how important he's being built up to be, surely this will change. More than an overwhelming threat, a sizeable threat that is allowed to grow into an overwhelming one is even more frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands View Post
    That's because all characters beside Saitama think their scenario works with the rules of DCs Silver Age while in OPM it's pretty much the rules of Berserk.

I cannot wait to see this over arcing plot re-drawn by Murata
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Hmm does anyone else think garous power are a cross between saiyans and doomsday? He gets more powerfull each time he is close to death , has powerfull regeneration and he somehow get something like immunity to the things that nearly killed him previously.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
    Hmm does anyone else think garous power are a cross between saiyans and doomsday? He gets more powerfull each time he is close to death , has powerfull regeneration and he somehow get something like immunity to the things that nearly killed him previously.
    He is what he believes, an action series main villain.

They never really die no matter how bad the injuries are and they return stronger each time.

I'd like to see a villain that believes in plot armor.
    eaf4e9

Is Garou a recurring character up to 91?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Whoa Garou is quite a charecter...cant make a mind about him, first he appeared generic emo villain who wanted to beat all heros becasue he was picked as a child but now I cant make a mind about him anymore...this is quite a good writing, cant wait for Murata to draw these chapets in all their glory.

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Is Garou a recurring character up to 91?

Spoiler:
    Is this even a spoiler? Whatever. Yeah, he's still plot relevant and fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Spoiler:
    Is this even a spoiler? Whatever. Yeah, he's still plot relevant and fighting.
    Spoiler:
    Damn, he's a terrible character though. I'm guessing this means he'll be the final villain.

I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Spoiler:
    Damn, he's a terrible character though. I'm guessing this means he'll be the final villain.

No he doesn't, there's still other guys that can be the final villain. (Blast maybe)

Yeah, BLAST still has yet to show up, and we haven't really resolved anything about Genos' story or Metal Knight. Unless ONE wants to call it quits so he can focus more on Mob Psycho 100 or another new story, there's still more to the story.

Finally Zombieman vs Homeless Emperor fight :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nl...n_(ONE)_64.zip

Uh i didn't notice it was already in batoto OPM 64
    Last edited by FKM; July 13th, 2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Link

Just to reassure myself that I'm not completely off base...

Bang is a martial arts master and the third strongest hero.
    Bomb is a martial arts master and even stronger than his brother who prefers not to interact with the world outside of martial arts.
    Blast... is an unknown quantity, the highest ranked hero in the association and apparently requires all sorts of mitigating circumstances before he'll act.

Just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if Blast was the eldest brother.
    May you live in interesting times.
    May you attract the attention of those above you.
    ~Two ancient Chinese curses.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information