+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4011

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Thanks to this chapter, the RAWs for volume 31 and 32 make sense finally. I hope Shin has actually been learning from Duke Hyou and that shows in the coming chapters. I don't feel like he's showing enough personal growth.
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Another top-notch instalment thanks to Turnip Farmers. Four chapters goes so very quickly. RIP Duke Hyou.
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Spoiler:
    Another great man leaves the stage spectacularly. Duke Hyou, I raise my glass to you!

Can someone tell me what happened in that last double spread? The one showing Houken's arm being torn off/cut off. What did the Duke do there?

I'm really, really touched. I don't think I've even carried any emotion towards the old guy. Yet his last moments and his farewell to Shin... with that message. As a person whose fire ran out already I can't help but get shaken by that last look in his face. I don't understand whether we interprete Houken's last moment of explosion against Duke's final slash as a change for him.

By the way even amongst this event I can't help but bash Riboku's comment about how he doesn't want to kill a child. Wasn't his plan to slaughter all of Qin?

Again... Duke. Rest well old man

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Can someone tell me what happened in that last double spread? The one showing Houken's arm being torn off/cut off. What did the Duke do there?
    He had failed delivering a finishing blow and then broke his arm

Spoiler:
    Another great man leaves the stage spectacularly. Duke Hyou, I raise my glass to you!

He simply broke Houken's arm.
    Spoiler:
    He's pretty much suggesting that Shin can deal with a one-armed Houken.

Spoiler:

Duke broke Houken's arm as a parting gift, my guess is that he will later fight Shin with a handicap.

On a sidenote, am I the only one who dislikes Houken?? he has no real motive or character besides being the super strong final boss, he's boring as hell spouting all that nonsense...him killing both Ouki and Duke has not clouded my judgement I swear...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiru View Post
    Duke broke Houken's arm as a parting gift, my guess is that he will later fight Shin with a handicap.

On a sidenote, am I the only one who dislikes Houken?? he has no real motive or character besides being the super strong final boss, he's boring as hell spouting all that nonsense...him killing both Ouki and Duke has not clouded my judgement I swear...
    I see. It just looked to me like the Duke was being cut in that panel here so I wasn't sure what exactly happened. Thanks by the way.

Houken is one big buffoon controlled- or rather manipulated- by Riboku. He should've died by Ouki's hand back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiru View Post

Hyou basically tore Houken's character to shreds. If you liked him as a character before, you're now meant to sit in the corner ashamed and embarrassed at how superficial you are and when you're done there go and volunteer at a homeless shelter as reparation. ;)

I see. It just looked to me like the Duke was being cut in that panel here so I wasn't sure what exactly happened. Thanks by the way.

Houken is one big buffoon controlled- or rather manipulated- by Riboku. He should've died by Ouki's hand back then.
    Lots of blade came from his previous wounds and there were strange visual which looked like a blade but Houken's glaive was in his other arm.

Houken is kind of OK in the series for me but he is too much of a typical final villian-like. If it wasn't for that I'd be okay with him. He is essentialy fighting for his own sake and own ambition while other Generals find their strength mostly from the outside experiences and memories of the lost and sake of and well being for the ones in present. And Houken being the one who slays the Shin's most loved generals it's kind of a good sub-story. Well except that it isn't.

I didn't get what Duke pointed when he said he is a being comprimised in his own and agonising all over it by himself.

Shin now has Ouki's Glaive and Hyou's Shield now.
    R.I.P Duke.

Some strategy Riboku.

"I've always done everything with tactics and strategy. Oh shit, my plan failed. But I still have my contingency plan! Behold the brilliance of my strategy, calling an invincible war god to save my ass!"

Great final showing by Duke though albeit a bit rushed.

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Shin now has Ouki's Glaive and Hyou's Shield now.
    R.I.P Duke.
    ...and Rinko's sword. But he still needs to collect the mask of the mountain tribes and 20 other random gear.

I think the duke is stating that Houken is agonizing over Ouki being stronger than he is and not being able to understand why. The reason being that Houken only fights for himself while Ouki fights for his men, state and his dead comrades, but Houken cannot comprehend that as he never fought as part of an army and just agonizes over something he can't understand.

Shipmate

Reebok sama banzai

Holy shit, Reebok is the most lol worthy character I've seen in aeons. I won't make the Aizen comparison, but he's walking the fucking line. He's played by the author like he's this God level, badass strategist, admired by all living beings under the heaven, and yet when the going gets tough he keeps failing at any chance he's given to shine. Still, by playing the pussy ass bitch "Houken, save me" card that he so adamantly calls a "strategy!", which is NOT, he gets to keep his smug ass face non-stop and spout condescendent shit at others just when he's been beaten at his own game. If he at least had some Zeo-like lines, like "I totally let you defeat my strategy on purpose". . .

I mean, in the space of some mesmerizing 2 PAGES we went from "They'll never defeat my strategy, it's 100% unbeatable, no one can defeat it, it's perfect, totally fail proof, there's no way anyone will get in here, bla bla bla. . ." to "oops, the Duke got in here. Face to face with Riboku. Some fail proof strategy you got in there, genious. . .".

All hail the Duke though, unfortunately defeated by his blandness incarnate "Houken, bodyguard of the mighty Vertical Horse Riding Whisperer Army Commander Reebok".

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I always find it amusing that one eye is looking up and the other down.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Holy shit, Reebok is the most lol worthy character I've seen in aeons. I won't make the Aizen comparison, but he's walking the fucking line. He's played by the author like he's this God level, badass strategist, admired by all living beings under the heaven, and yet when the going gets tough he keeps failing at any chance he's given to shine. Still, by playing the pussy ass bitch "Houken, save me" card that he so adamantly calls a "strategy!", which is NOT, he gets to keep his smug ass face non-stop and spout condescendent shit at others just when he's been beaten at his own game. If he at least had some Zeo-like lines, like "I totally let you defeat my strategy on purpose". . .

I mean, in the space of some mesmerizing 2 PAGES we went from "They'll never defeat my strategy, it's 100% unbeatable, no one can defeat it, it's perfect, totally fail proof, there's no way anyone will get in here, bla bla bla. . ." to "oops, the Duke got in here. Face to face with Riboku. Some fail proof strategy you got in there, genious. . .".

All hail the Duke though, unfortunately defeated by his blandness incarnate "Houken, bodyguard of the mighty Vertical Horse Riding Whisperer Army Commander Reebok".
    "I'm the great Riboku-sama, one of the Zhao's Great Heavens! Behold, my ultimate strategy, that will surely bring you to your knees!
    HOUKEN!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

Just please, someone spoil this to me now. Does he die at the end of this arc? Or at least shit his pants? Please say he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Just please, someone spoil this to me now. Does he die at the end of this arc? Or at least shit his pants? Please say he does.
    Spoiler:
    Yes, yes he'll taste defeat (but won't die).

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    I always find it amusing that one eye is looking up and the other down.
    That's because he's that good at tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodyne View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yes, yes he'll taste defeat (but won't die).

That's because he's that good at tactics.
    Spoiler:
    Him being defeated isn't enough. Please tell me his smug ass grin gets wiped off his face and he has a hilarious melt down.

i found it always amusing that houken never challenged Reebok sama. Challenge is the wrong word attack him right there to kill him. All this time he always shouts this nonsence i cant allow another godlike soul exist but for some reason he always avoids reebok sama. well you might say reebok is strategy based but he is beast when it comes to brawls also at least that how he has been presented.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information