+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 227 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4524

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Eh!?
    They were all scattered away. How can they be 'dispatched' from same place,much less at 'same time'? Nobody knew the plan. Someone as close to Kanki as Raido
    guessed it at final moments.So,even if the other groups all had a dawn of same realisation, reaching there at the same time is way too convenient.You can't argue that
    there was a designated meeting point,as that would break the secrecy.
    My main problem is if Kanki and a small grp made it there for the guerrilla attack,it would have been fine.But Hara made a coordinated attack from all sides.
    While I do get where you are coming from I would still say that there's no proof thqt they appeared randomly. I admit that I myself have no actual proof for the opposite but I cannot picture Kanki coming out there by himself without having things set up for him to feel safe to expose himself now. Olus the fact that we've seen Akakin pulling a strategy where he and his troops where hiding in the bushes to launch a surprise attack only when the requirements are met in this very arc makes me give this the benefit of the doubt that something similar happened here. Akakin waited for Ouhon to actually open the path for his surprise attack. Ouhon never came but Akakin waited for the oppurtunity to present itself one way or the other. Don't such a strategy is suddenly considered a stretch in this situation.

And as Seafarer said it should be obvious that Kanki has told a couple select few of this plan for the simple fact that he wouldn't be there right now if he wouldn't know that his men are there doing exactly what he expects them to do in this situation. Are those guys his generals? No. But then among good war strategies thete's also the one that does not only deceive your enemies but also your allies. And Kanki totally is the guy to pull a move like that.
    Last edited by Ivotas; September 22nd, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I wonder where Hara is getting at with this "true pain" banter. That Kanki is one ruthless bastard who doesn't care for and would sacrifice anyone or anything to reach his goals isn't anything new. So are we looking at some character development or introducing the signs of what will cause his fall later on ?

Secret of his fall was alredy hinted in Wei invasion( which match with history). True pain may be connected to after the fall and what he will try to do.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Secret of his fall was alredy hinted in Wei invasion( which match with history).
    I remember by who's hand he exits the scene, however I can't put my finger on that exact hint in the manga. Do you by chance remember an approximate chapter number for this ?

Chapter 484. Keisa, also before death, realised Kanki's weakness.

Thanks for the reminder. Reading the two scenes one after the other does show some kind of progress in what may become a future plot, albeit slow (this makes, what...4 years between story beats ? ).

Kanki is about to cook one hell of a stew.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../64/695/page/1

Uh-oh...Vengeful management of war prisoners incoming ?

Makes it seem like a second Chuhei is coming. I hope not. The massacre at Chuhei included civilians if I recall correctly but it would be pretty f'd up even without civilian involvement...

I hoped he wouldn't be so stupid. This will definitely come back to bite his ass, if he really plans to kill off all the prisoners. Mind you, I don't know squat about this part of China's history, nor have I read any other works of fiction inspired by it.

Oh, oh, Saki clan is always fun to see. And, oh, oh, only in the last panel showing them have I realized those lower decorations on their torsos are actually human ears. Fun! Then what are those things above supposed to be? Dried tongues?

The moment I read the chapter title I figured what's gonna happen, ugh. Raido you idiot. It was actually quite touching to see Kanki show that much emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I don't get why Maron looks do hesitant about this.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../64/696/page/1

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't get why Maron looks do hesitant about this.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../64/696/page/1
    Perhaps this is were he draws the line between which war cruelties he considers justifyable and which not.

Yeah. Based on this chapter's conclusion, this must be beyond the scale of anything Kanki has ever done and even Maron has his limits.

Not something a kingdom that is attempting unification should resort to. If you wanna conquer and dominate your enemy completely, sure. This is what has been foreshadowed as a downside to having a general with too much authority right at the start of the campaign. Everything is going more than well for Qin, but the moment of their most glorious victory is basically negated because the Zhao that was split will probably rally together. And I don't see Sei and his high command liking this development much more than Zhao themselves.

In the end, Kanki's decision was emotional more than strategic, and it will come back to bite him on the ass.

Saying this as someone who isn't that familiar in China's history of warfare, so you don't think I'm spoiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Kanki had showed himself to be unflappable up to to this point because he had never faced real loss. It has now happened and this is how he reacts proving Kochou's point.

Interestingly the real Qin Shi Huang/Ei Sei was exactly that kind of king that would condone wholescale massacre and his unification campaigns were extremely brutal and bloody. I wonder how far from reality the Kingdom version of Ei Sei will stray.

Also, what are Yotanwa and Ousen doing now that the Zhao are all dead? Are we still pretending that they dont have any armies on the hardly defended Zhao borders?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information