+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 225 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4493

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

I totally forgot that Shin still had Hyou's sword.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../63/688/page/3

Bihei the glaive holder

Lol, what a twist.

In general it feels like Hara did a re-read himself... with good results.

Shin needs better comebacks when arguing with these generals.

At least this time he's not pulling through thanks to any lifespan bullshit (so far). I'm interested in how the clash of their respective attitudes towards war spices up the fight, but I do wish Shin had smarter retorts than "you're wrong".

Yeah, shorten the discussion and lengthen the choreography. Maybe don't make it so one sided in favor of Gakuhaku. I mean there should be no excuse for Shin not spending a lot of that free time sparring with Karyoten. His sword skills should be a lot more impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

First time we are seeing HSU brandishing head of enemy commander ?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

16 characters of gigi. Akakin stays one of my favorite character additions.

Everything was resolved a little too fast for my liking but still a feel good chapter overall.

Not sure regarding the head, it stood out while reading so I think you might be right.

They brandished the head to spread the news that the general had fallen to boost morale on the Qin side and lower it on the Zhao side.

yeah, I think the reason was clear but auem raised the question whether the Hi Shin unit ever did that at a past war

Spoiler:
    Not just tricking the enemy, but it's also a surprising and out of place spectacle to me as viewer too. Kanki not wasting any time, which is opposed to flow of his actions, or rather "non activity" so far, and taking this opportunity to jump straight to the throat. Good stuff.

Those little attacks were so ominous, lol. Quite an amazing panel at the end. Effective first and last page.

And boy, oh boy, Zenou and his berserkers are gonna have a field day blasting through the HQ. Saki clan too later on, hope we don't get too see much of that part, ugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Ok, now I'm interested. Go Kanki ! Looking back at recent years, it could be the Hi Shin unit has slowly become the least entertaining part of this manga.

How fortunate that all those who survived by hiding and playing dead,found correct direction to Zhao HQ at the same time.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    How fortunate that all those who survived by hiding and playing dead,found correct direction to Zhao HQ at the same time.
    How can you tell they didn't dispatch from the same place at the same time. I'm all for critisizing the shortcomings of the series but your remark is based on what exactly?

Eh!?
    They were all scattered away. How can they be 'dispatched' from same place,much less at 'same time'? Nobody knew the plan. Someone as close to Kanki as Raido
    guessed it at final moments.So,even if the other groups all had a dawn of same realisation, reaching there at the same time is way too convenient.You can't argue that
    there was a designated meeting point,as that would break the secrecy.
    My main problem is if Kanki and a small grp made it there for the guerrilla attack,it would have been fine.But Hara made a coordinated attack from all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Nobody knew the plan. Someone as close to Kanki as Raido guessed it at final moments.
    I would say "nobody knew the plan...but a select few". The couple thousand men with Kanki aren't even a tenth of his army. 5%, maybe less. Because Raido and Maron didn't know doesn't mean there weren't instructions shared with other clans - Raido did hear a few words from Messenger Guy, so orders were passed. I do agree it's overly convenient if all these troops managed to converge by sheer chance ; but if a few commanders had orders that made them wait in secrecy and bid their time with the most vicious of their troops ? Works for me. As for knowing where to converge, it's not like the location of the enemy HQ changed much over the past few days/weeks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information