+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 225 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 4493

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
    That was enjoyable. Simple yet credible scenes for the infantry. Also, after the initial BS with Rei, I now kind of like her role.
    I share the sentiment. Somehow this simplicity just worked for me. No bullshit awakening, drilled instinctual type. Just the fruits of their very harsh training back when many of those guys were newcomers. I can see why this might not be to everyone's liking but to me it did.^^

Well I hope this do not trample on whatever Kanki was scheming.

https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../63/682/page/2

I mean if it did, it would only be Kanki's fault for not explaining not one single part of his plan to anyone, leaving his allies in just as much confusion as his enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Even if it did, it strikes me more of something that would be considered a positive surprise by Kanki.

Anyways just want to point out how Shin keeps getting referred to as Captain by his men. I don't take it as a display of disrespect and rather the opposite. It just feels like it shows a more familiar bond between him and his men. Would really feel off now if they'd call him general. Unless of course all of this is a mistranslation. Then my statement means nothing.^^'

Ou Sen wouldn't move an inch for Ou Hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Ou Sen wouldn't move an inch for Ou Hon.
    Doubt that. He may be portrayed as being cold and emotionless, but he's no robot.

Wonder if this guy is too tough a nut to swallow for Zeno and his bunch. He's definitely gonna go into battle frenzy now. I'd love to see Kanki even mildly concerned.

But dammit, how epic is this panel, think my jaw dropped a little. Goosebumps almost!
    Spoiler:

Helps if you cover the lower part of the horse.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Even if it did, it strikes me more of something that would be considered a positive surprise by Kanki.

Anyways just want to point out how Shin keeps getting referred to as Captain by his men. I don't take it as a display of disrespect and rather the opposite. It just feels like it shows a more familiar bond between him and his men. Would really feel off now if they'd call him general. Unless of course all of this is a mistranslation. Then my statement means nothing.^^'
    It's kind of an honorary nickname for someone who started off by leading the men directly and climbed up in ranks. At least it appears so in some other works of fiction I've read, and it's always used for leaders well liked by their men.

Wheel of Time series slight spoilers pertaining general world building, you won't miss out on anything, but just so you know if you plan to read it and start as a blank slate:
    Spoiler:
    5 most esteemed generals on the continent are called Five Great Captains collectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's kind of an honorary nickname for someone who started off by leading the men directly and climbed up in ranks. At least it appears so in some other works of fiction I've read, and it's always used for leaders well liked by their men.
    Yep, that's exactly why I find it such a nice touch.

Spoiler:
    Ou Hon sits out, so the better character can get shine. Also, Rai Do deserves that.

No REAL horses were harmed during the production of this manga.

Surprised to see we return to Raido this quickly. On that note, seems his two captured subordinates are about to experience hell.

The bun looking bastard feels really dangerous to me. But i wonder how much of that is due to him resembling White from Toriko. Also his mace, that looks like huge behelit.

He looks the part for sure, but after all the fuss with Houken I wouldn't want Bun Guy to be comparatively much of a threat for Shin. I would find underwhelming in retrospect that there were even worse monster types hidden in the surrounding countries all along

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    He looks the part for sure, but after all the fuss with Houken I wouldn't want Bun Guy to be comparatively much of a threat for Shin. I would find underwhelming in retrospect that there were even worse monster types hidden in the surrounding countries all along
    Unfortunately, seems that's exactly what happened. The dude never left Kantan and just kept training and training...

Even so, Shin had help against Houken and still barely survived. So this dude could still pose a decent threat, with his heavier weapon and exotic martial art.

It's funny how his entire appearance is dogu statue themed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's funny how his entire appearance is dogu statue themed.
    I didn't know about the Dogu statues, but the resemblance is striking indeed.

Anyway, new chapter out.
    https://sensescans.com/reader/read/k.../63/686/page/1

Spoiler:
    Looks like Raido got what was coming to him. That scene felt more gruesome than the usual cleave-people-in-two, but he endured it all like a champ. I wonder if his death is also part of Kanki's plan, and if so how.
    Either way this has me a lot more interested than the Hi Shin cliff battle

I really like this arc.

Bihei will save the day!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information