+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 227 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4524

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Just cutting number of panels with them clashing in half and shortening Riboku's speech to get to the point faster would have done wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Riboku hopefully won't have much more to add and we can focus on the battle and end this soon.
    Though with Karyo Ten heading there what else is she to do but talk... and Kyoukai is awake again... and the spirits. nevermind.. it can drag for a whole lot longer... :/
    it will feel satisfying when he finally cuts him down. as long as Houken is finally out of the picture it will be alright.
    at least, until we meet Houken's long lost brother to take his place as plot device or some other random person, lol

It's painfully bad fellas, no need to sugar coat this heh. As easy I was to praise, I can also easily point to the poo we are reading currently
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

guess it shows that even mangakas can not surpass the boundaries of being human :p

I see. I think i was entirely ignoring strategic content, so it didn't register to me how bad this have become.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I see. I think i was entirely ignoring strategic content, so it didn't register to me how bad this have become.
    Its hard to ignore that, if the whole premise was about two strategic geniuses clashing, and instead we got an endless battle with little or no sound strategy, and instead just pure strength or asspulls by both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
    it will feel satisfying when he finally cuts him down. as long as Houken is finally out of the picture it will be alright
    Its not even really satisfying, as both Shin and Kyoukai should have been dead by now, the way their fight was depicted. Only massive amounts of plotarmor are saving them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Its hard to ignore that, if the whole premise was about two strategic geniuses clashing, and instead we got an endless battle with little or no sound strategy, and instead just pure strength or asspulls by both parties.
    Well I suppose maybe I just have tendency to not pay attention to a bad stuff and have an eye out for things that resonates with me. Or maybe I'm just bad at storytelling and so can't tell what is expected to be important in story.

edit: I have a bad feeling after writing this, which I assume is sign that I'm wrong with this introspection, so scratch that.

There is nothing wrong if you yourself still enjoy it. You dont need to care what other people think, though I guess it sucks when you are having a great time with a series or an arc and then pretty much everyone else hates it

Houken is so bad, he's gonna take the whole manga down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

The Yotanwa stuff was great earlier, despite Hara not killing Heki for the 99999th time. The right wing battle got weird at times with pacing. Mou Ten and the Gaku Ka's left battles were boring. I liked the infiltration. Shin should be dead, but i'll wait and see how this ends before judging. The complaints about Houken just don't add up.

Just saw the Kingdom spoiler

Spoiler:

Hope itīs a vision

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Just saw the Kingdom spoiler

Hope itīs a vision
    Spoiler:
    Why is it the last page?
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Spoiler:
    Meh! At the end of the day it was a simple brut fight and the plot amor won.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Spoiler:
    FINALLY. At long, effing, last. Merry Qin-mas, at last, the manga's worst character is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Spoiler:
    And then, there was much rejoycing

FINALLY!! My boy finally got the job done. Jumping straight to GG lol.

Now Riboku and Ousen can go at it

The power of friendship claims its latest victim

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    The power of friendship claims its latest victim
    The Will of a Great General.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post

Its not even really satisfying, as both Shin and Kyoukai should have been dead by now, the way their fight was depicted. Only massive amounts of plotarmor are saving them.
    While I agree that it should realistically take a lot of suspension of disbelief, I still found Houken's growing frustration and the final slash satisfying in their own. Guess I was able to ignore most of the recent "build-up" and got to enjoy the result as is. Lucky me, lol

Now that it looks like it is finally over, I do want to acknowledge that Houken did add some good to great moments to the series. Especially that time when he attacked the camp on the hill at night and initiated the chase through the woods when Bi Hei's brother died. That entire event was extremely well done in my opinion and had me on the edge the whole time. Even the fight with Shin after the battle of Sai was satisfying in its own, even if the placement was a bit awkward.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information