+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 227 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4524

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Source please? I know Aohige's mentioned it but I haven't come across it in my readings.
    Read it on the the mangafox forum, has a lot of facts on the many characters in Kingdom. http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/47...1#post12265976

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrath View Post
    Spoiler:
    considering mouten ends up as a critically important court official and ouhon never appears in the historical records as a major general i'm pretty sure shin is the only one from his generation who's going into the six. (unless mouten will function in the same way as rinshoujo as a bit of both)
    Spoiler:
    Huh? Mouten is by far and away the most highly regarded of the 3, considered the Li Guang of China before Xin's DNA had sired Li Guang. Based on Ouhon's military accomplishments (major contributions at Chu, Wei, and Qi vs just Yan for Xin), he's comfortably ahead of Xin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Source please? I know Aohige's mentioned it but I haven't come across it in my readings.
    Spoiler:
    Xin played a supporting role to the Wang family against Qi.
    Last edited by Palpitoad93; July 20th, 2015 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad93 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Huh? Mouten is by far and away the most highly regarded of the 3, considered the Li Guang of China before Xin's DNA had sired Li Guang. Based on Ouhon's military accomplishments (major contributions at Chu, Wei, and Qi vs just Yan for Xin), he's comfortably ahead of Xin as well.

Spoiler:
    Xin played a supporting role to the Wang family against Qi.
    Spoiler:
    yeah its been a while since i read up on that part of history and after looking through it again i was confusing ouhon's achievements with ousen's.

On a side note was ou kotsu from the original six generals part of the same Ou family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

It's possible that he was at least related to the rest of the Ou family, seeing as Ou ki was from a branch family

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrath View Post
    Spoiler:
    yeah its been a while since i read up on that part of history and after looking through it again i was confusing ouhon's achievements with ousen's.

On a side note was ou kotsu from the original six generals part of the same Ou family?
    Ou Kotsu and Ou Ki are the exact same person, at least according to Sima Qian.

Credits: kingmagax
    Ch 440 spoilers http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3920257901
    Spoiler:
    Summary of the spoilers, courtesy to the tieba user, 咪了个汪的, who translated the conversation into chinese.
    -Apparently, the Chu court is now in chaos after the death of SSK. Renpa introduced the man from the Chu court to Karin as the man seems to have something to say to Karing. However Karin seems uninterested as she hates politics.
    -While the man also said he hates generals, he said at this time he had to bow to Karin as she is currently the second best general and the most influential one in Chu and therefore he needed her power to command the 300,000 men in the southern fortress(es).
    -The others questioned why he wanted her to command such huge number of troops and he replied that he plans to make both Karin and himself the new prime minister and build a new Chu.
    -Karin then said:”So it’s you”, and the man replied that he is Li Yuan, the man who assassinated SSK.
    Spoiler:
    Some information on Li Yuan: He was a man from Zhao and had his sister marry Lord ChunShen (Shunshinkun). He then suggested that SSK give her to the king of Chu when she was found pregnant, so that his nephew will become a royalty. With the help of SSK, both Li Yuan and SSK became prominent figures in the Chu court. When the king of Chu passed away, he assassinated SSK and his nephew successfully became the new king of Chu

(Updated facts of Li Yuan. His sister was only found pregnant after marrying SSK. Found out about this while researching on Li Yuan. )

Spoiler:
    I feel bad for Shunshinkun... Good character and part of the best arc in Kingdom! But now is time for war...

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Shunshinkun actually felt like a character who deserved his position, unlike those cough "legendary generals of the week" cough.

Which is a bit odd considering he did little as far I can remember: he went on a revenge against that eastern state after the coalition, and had lots of conversations with "reebok-sama" but I don't recall him making any big plays or anything. Maybe it's his character design?

Maybe someone with a better memory could refresh me?

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Shunshinkun actually felt like a character who deserved his position, unlike those cough "legendary generals of the week" cough.

Which is a bit odd considering he did little as far I can remember: he went on a revenge against that eastern state after the coalition, and had lots of conversations with "reebok-sama" but I don't recall him making any big plays or anything. Maybe it's his character design?

Maybe it was his aura? As he wasn't really hyped to be a great general but was one of the Four Lords of the Warring States?

3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post

We only saw the last 5 years of his life from a Qin-centric perspective, but he was one of the most important people of his generation and accomplished many things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Been far too long since I last made a post, but this manga is simply an awesome series.

New chapter is out.

http://bato.to/read/_/336868/kingdom_v41_ch441v0_by_turnip-farmers

Spoiler:
    Looks like we are going to get some Kan Ki action, which I greatly look forward to.

Oh nice, Shin gets a chance to overshadow one of the prime candidates for Six.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

16 characters of Kyou Kai

Oh, this might get complicated and problematic, Kanki´s style of warfare is something that disgusts Shin after all

It does? I don't think they've ever officially interacted with each other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
    It does? I don't think they've ever officially interacted with each other though.
    We have seen that Shin has his own principles about warfare though, which include unnecessary cruelty, though i guess we could discuss whether it´s actually necessary or unnecessary considering the effect it has on the opponents and ultimately on the outcome of a battle.
    He promised Mangoku that he would not let anything cruel happen again though which shows his personality me thinks.

Right, but thus far we haven't seen Kanki do anything dastardly. What he did at the wall was one of if not my favorite part of the coalition war. You can tell by his inner monologues that he has (at least in the manga) some sense of justice and chivalry. He may pull some sneaky or what others may consider underhanded tactics one wouldn't normally take, but I think overall he's not going to be one that bury his enemies alive. Plus this will be in my opinion the most interesting general he's been paired up with since ouki. This should be one of the most exciting battles this time around. And, if they're going to Zhao we all know what this could mean.

Shin v ri boku pt 2
    Shin v hou ken pt 4
    Shin v fu tie pt2 (though this one I'm less interested to see but ya know)
    Ten v Kaine pt2
    And as some have speculated even shin v Kanki. (But I doubt it will be more than just clashing of beliefs and a quick scuffle of swords.

Either way, it's going to start getting interesting again!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information