+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Song do You Prefer?

Default Re: Which Song do You Prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarfallet View Post
    I like the first one the best. Had a nice operatic feel to it... Dunno about the whole genre of the second one. Never heard anything from it that I really liked. I'll have to keep looking I guess. :)

Hidden:

Angie - The Computer did

versus

Transvolta - Disco Computer
    (The song ends at 3:14.)
    I'm not going to lie: I was immediately biased to the first song for its album cover, which boldly depicts the love between a woman and some kind of futuristic trash can.

On both of them: What the fuck was up with the latent appliance fetishism in funk and disco in the late 70s/early 80s? Chalk that one up under things about the 80s that need to be stricken from the record.

In the end, I came out for the first song again. Both of them were pretty surreal, but the full on cheese fest in the first amused me much more than the more low key second one (though they got in the game surprisingly early, before any other found a more personal use for an exhaust pipe).

Hidden:

ORE

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I'm not going to lie: I was immediately biased to the first song for its album cover, which boldly depicts the love between a woman and some kind of futuristic trash can.

On both of them: What the fuck was up with the latent appliance fetishism in funk and disco in the late 70s/early 80s? Chalk that one up under things about the 80s that need to be stricken from the record.

In the end, I came out for the first song again. Both of them were pretty surreal, but the full on cheese fest in the first amused me much more than the more low key second one (though they got in the game surprisingly early, before any other found a more personal use for an exhaust pipe).

Hidden:

ORE

First song (Devin Townsend - Bastard): I enjoy the slow fluidity of the guitar and the way the guitars play off of each other around the 4:30 mark onward. The vocals suit the music and are just the right volume. Ooh. I'm liking the change of pace in the latter part of the song and the new guitar sounds. This song has quite some progression.

Second song (Enslaved - Forsaken): Faster-paced, more interesting guitar. Like the quiet riff around 3:45. The song really hits my sweet spot around there, transitioning from quiet to power.

Hell of a choice, dude!

Gotta go with 'Bastard'. I think I just like it as a whole a lot more, though 'Forsaken' had a lot of interesting little pieces to it.

---

Here are my two:

Spoiler:

Wipers - Youth of America

Swans - Killing for Company

Ah, hard choice... Some great post punk, noisy and nice. But on the other side, Swans, dark and delicious. I guess I'll go with Swans because I've heard them before and bah at being objective. ;)

Hidden:

Johnny and the Hurricanes - High Voltage

ELLER

AC/DC - High Voltage

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

I have to go with AC/DC on this one. I don't listen to much of that style of music anymore but it still has a soft spot in my heart and I just enjoy it more than the calmer yet more upbeat Johnny and the Hurricanes song.

Two completely different but hugely mainstream songs, because why the hell not
    *Two of my favorite songs as well*
    Spoiler:

I choose the first one! It's working harder. Kinda pulls of the techno sound. Although I have to read the lyrics 'cause just listening to it I understand about as much as I understand of the Spanish(or what language it is) one. Should note that the only thing I can say in Spanish is "Me gusta el queso".

Hidden:

Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover

Freestyle - It´s Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sarfallet View Post
    I choose the first one! It's working harder. Kinda pulls of the techno sound. Although I have to read the lyrics 'cause just listening to it I understand about as much as I understand of the Spanish(or what language it is) one. Should note that the only thing I can say in Spanish is "Me gusta el queso".

Hidden:

Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover

Freestyle - It´s Automatic

First song (Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover) by far because I'm a sucker for those type of female vocals. The keyboards are nice too, and of course the robot doing his thang. Also, the band's middle initial is D. Can't go wrong with that ;D

Second song (Freestyle - It's Automatic) Did you purposely make these both have 'Automatic' in their titles? Haha. I like the beginning beat a lot for this one.

Mine:
    Spoiler:

Minutemen - Politics of Time

The Chameleons - Time, The End of Time

Anyway, don't be afraid to participate in this thread, anyone and everyone! We've had people post openings to anime songs in this thread before. If they're 2 songs and they can be compared, post 'em. No judgment. Just be sure to follow the opening post's rules.

I prefer any songs of Micheal Jackson, the first thing once I wake up is listning to MJs songs

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Did you purposely make these both have 'Automatic' in their titles? Haha.
    PFFF NO!! What are you even talking about!! JERK! ;P

Anyways, you're still into the post punk I see. Two great bands that I've listened to much too little. I prefer the minutmen song you posted though. It's got that great hurried and stressed post punk sound, full of energy! (By the way, if you like post punk like that you could check out The Stick Men.)

Hidden:

The Angids-I Like Girls

VEL

Y Pants - That's the Way Boys Are

The first song was fun and catchy. The second song was....uh...interesting. I'm all for experimental stuff, but that was a little much for me, especially with the screaming in the background. The first had a real charming classic 60's Monkees feel to it. So yeah, gotta go with the first one. In any case, I thank you for bringing two very obscure bands to my attention.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The first song was fun and catchy. The second song was....uh...interesting. I'm all for experimental stuff, but that was a little much for me, especially with the screaming in the background. The first had a real charming classic 60's Monkees feel to it. So yeah, gotta go with the first one. In any case, I thank you for bringing two very obscure bands to my attention.

Hidden:

I like the static-ridden riff in Radiohead - Bodysnatchers better than the instrumentation on XTC - Season Cycle. The second one doesn't seem to be my type of music all that much. I'm a dirty hipster so that makes sense.

I'm veering away from post-punk a li'l bit!

Spoiler:

Cunninlynguists - Hourglass

Kanye West - I Am a God

I prefer Cunninlynguists song, better lyrics and sound... Kinda dislike that bass thing that's going on in the Kayne one. O,o

Hidden:

Jill Kroesen - I Really Want to Bomb You

JONA LEWIE - Love Detonator

The first track isn't bad, but I feel like it's too stuck in its own main riff. The music never quite reaches escape velocity. I appreciate the anti-nuke lyrics and the arrangement is cool, but it doesn't sound like they had an idea of where to go with it.

The second one… well, the beginning felt incredibly stylistically similar to the first (I thought the only connection was going to be song titles). This song is more upbeat, catchier and is able to break away from itself. Contrary to the first song, I think this one should have gone on longer. But I still choose this one like it was the best pokemon in my party and also a pikachu, plus I'm the anti-aging hat warmer of a protagonist in the cartoon.

Time to continue being goat-obsessed:

Hidden:

WHORE

I'm monopolizing this thread! You might as well rename it to "Which song do Sarfallet prefer?" ;P
    I've now listened to a couple of Goats album... And I still feel like the kid that didn't quite get it. :S Well, not the lyrics anyway. (It kinda pisses me of that I don't too.)
    The music isn't anything I feel much about either. Pretty straight forward stuff? His singing however, at first I thought he sounded too "whiny" but as soon as I gave him a chance I came to love it... For some reason that escapes me. :S
    But I'm choosing between the songs based on the singing...
    AND THE WINNER IS...
    Song for Dana Plato! :)
    It honestly sends shivers down my spine at parts! O,O

Hidden:

The Kinks - Apeman

Or perhaps

JA JA JA - I Am An Animal

Last edited by Sarfallet; July 12th, 2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Deleted double post. :P

I usually like the Kinks but I don't really like that song. As cheesy as it was I did like the second song there. It was kind of mesmerizing.

Hidden:

Couldn't find a Youtube video for this song:
    http://finefolk.bandcamp.com/track/plenty-of-time

The Catie Curtis was a cute little song with a nice message (and it's good to hear a folk/country song that I like since I'm usually not interested in that genre). The other seemed like a really informal and improvised recording session, which I'm generally not a fan of and nothing about it really stuck out to me. Gonna have to go with Catie Curtis.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The Catie Curtis was a cute little song with a nice message (and it's good to hear a folk/country song that I like since I'm usually not interested in that genre). The other seemed like a really informal and improvised recording session, which I'm generally not a fan of and nothing about it really stuck out to me. Gonna have to go with Catie Curtis.

Hidden:

Might post more detailed thoughts later, just wanna get this thread rolling again. I prefer the second song because it seemed more diverse to me. But I never knew the actual band who sung the first one, now I do!

Spoiler:

I think I'm gonna go with the second song. Not really a fan of the vocals, but I like the instrumentation. First one isn't really doing much for me. Too slow and drab for my tastes.

Hidden:

Last edited by Sorikai33; July 20th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

I was half way through writing my post and saying that I preferred the first song, but then I listened to both songs and changed my mind. I like the second song just a bit more, perhaps because they kind of sound a bit like Black Kids.

Spoiler:

So here's my offer, which medley do you prefer?

Both songs sort of felt like something I had heard before, but I like the second one a lot better. The first one felt like the dudes were writing a portfolio, not a song. They can do a bunch of neat things and write some decent riffs, but nothing comes of them. There aren't any particularly good transitions and the ideas that are around aren't really developed, so I can't get too far into it. The second song was much more cohesive and gets actual points for that. Some of the vocalizations are kind of cool, too, and don't mesh too poorly, either. I think the first one had some overall more interesting ideas thrown around, but the second one succeeds as a song, thus it wins.

Hidden:

HOR

When I saw the song titles I was sure I had heard Indian Summer before... But when I listened to it I realized that it probably wasn't that prog rock group I was thinking about. :P How confusing.
    Both songs are great and it's hard to choose one. In an attempt to find a winner I've listened to both... Too many times... And now I can't even hear what they sound like anymore! O,O
    I think my first instinct when listening to them the first time was saying "Nation of Ulysses", because while they are both very energetic I kinda liked the... Hurry in the first one. So I'll have to go with that.

Hidden:

The Rivingtons - Papa Oom Mow Mow

disjunction

The Dinks - Kocka Mow Mow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information