+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Movie 2022 ?!

Default One Piece Movie 2022 ?!

It seems there is a movie coming in 2022 :

https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/1394625402832789509?s=19

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece Movie 2022 ?!

It has a zero chance of coming true, but I’d love a movie focused on the Strawhats and their dynamic as a group since I’m starved for more screentime of their shenanigans. A movie about Nami trying to establish ground rules for daily routine in the ship and wanting Luffy’s approval while we have some very needed moments of interaction could be so good rn ��

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, what supervillain should we expect this time? Maybe a renegade CP0 agent?

It could be a more successful thread if you re-name it as 'What would you like to see in the next OP movie?'.

I think is time to do what Marvel does whatever they run out of villains.

Put the heroes fight themselves!.

I would prefer a movie about the SH's separating in two groups and fighting each other, than 'random legendary pirate comes back(again)'.

Maybe add Buggy and the Grand Fleet to make it extra fun.

Yeah, I would love a movie with lots of SHs interactions that feel very in character and lots of amazing aventures and scenarios rather than something like Stampede, which I liked very much.

There hasnt been a lot of that lately, perhaps the villiain could be more of a paramecia rather than someone powerful and strong like Kaidou or Bullet, with lots of fights and epicness, which for me has become a little bit tiresome if there arent enough SHs interactions or aventures, I would also like to see the Grand Fleet involved.

Although thats what I want, I think it may be more similar to Wano.

With the success of the recent Dragon Ball Super film and Stampede I can see Toei rushing to get more films out, especially after Demon Slayer's phenomenal box office.

So Dragon Ball Super in 2022, and potentially One Piece in 2022? I'm going to guess One Piece will release late into 2022, if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    With the success of the recent Dragon Ball Super film and Stampede I can see Toei rushing to get more films out, especially after Demon Slayer's phenomenal box office.

So Dragon Ball Super in 2022, and potentially One Piece in 2022? I'm going to guess One Piece will release late into 2022, if it does.
    DB in summer, OP in Christmas. They can fit on the same year.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

When we get a new One Piece movie I'm hoping for a return to the older style of movies. Just the Strawhats having a wacky adventure, not cameos from every Tom, Dick and Harry that's popular at the moment fighting some legendary figure we've never heard of before and will never hear of again.

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    When we get a new One Piece movie I'm hoping for a return to the older style of movies. Just the Strawhats having a wacky adventure, not cameos from every Tom, Dick and Harry that's popular at the moment fighting some legendary figure we've never heard of before and will never hear of again.
    Agreed, Film Z had some great cameos, Gold had a little too many, and Stampede was just a crazy celebration. I'm hoping it's toned down.

Wano still hasn't finished and Stampede was released during Wano. Will we have another straw-hat by then? Like last time will there big Oda plot reveal in the film before he reveals it in the manga? I wonder.

Considering that Aya Komaki might be the director we should expect a lot of funny moments. I doubt the format will change even tho i would love that. I just want to look forward to a movie for the story and characters for once instead of just the direction and the animation

25 years, make live action movie already, tired of animation. And no mediocre stuff like stampede or gold, it has to be good like Z or strong world or movie 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    So, what supervillain should we expect this time? Maybe a renegade CP0 agent?
    The perfect fit would be an Emperor level bounty hunter or a legendary Wano samurai... Or one who's both
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I wanna see them do the next movie at the wider and grander feeling 21:9 aspect ratio, since no One Piece movie has done that yet and 16:9 in general has felt "standard" and lost its novelty factor somewhat ever since HD widescreen became the norm for regular TV shows.
    New World is best world.

In for the Void Century moon man antagonist. The escalation will get there eventually!

(whoever and whatever the bad guy ends up being, please give him more character than Bullet, I beg of Toei. It shouldn't be difficult)
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

hmmm what do you guys think of Weevil for the movie?

I know Oda has plans for him and we should get him in manga but seeing as how he wants to finish OP as soon as possible I think it could be a cool way to tie up that loose thread

Canon characters that likely will appear in the movie? As I can't see prominent usable charas which didn't already appeared in Stampede. Maybe Katakuri and Weevil. They could try the fan art famous "Son-of-Emperor" team with Yamato: that'd be amazing to see all of them tag-teaming with Luffy against one foe.

Also, I hope they go back to put more villain on the line, as having only Bullet fighting every one was kinda boring after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

If they're going to have a Dragon Ball movie and a One Piece movie in the same year, I hope they won't be double bills like in the old days. I don't want to have 1 hour One Piece movies anymore. That's just not enough.
    Also I would like to have the anime staff to fully focus on Wano instead of dividing their energy and attention between Wano and the movie, especially when the Onigashima Raid is about to start.

I'd be down for a more slice of life kind of movie featuring the Straw Hats just enjoying their journey and working towards the goal, but I also loved Stampede.. Also, if the manga was at that point I'd love to see a movie with the Rocks pirates vs Roger/Garp.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

No fan slide show of popular character cameos.
    Maybe keeping the focus on a SH and giving us a bounty hunter villain.
    A big sea battle would also be a spectacle.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I'd bet if there was gonna be a villain, It'd be a former member of the Rocks pirates.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information