+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1925

Thread: One Pace

  1. #1
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden

    Default One Pace

    One Pace is a project that started in March 2013 that condenses the One Piece anime episodes into more accurate adaptations of the One Piece manga. It involves removing filler scenes, shortening slow or padded scenes, and merging episodes together.

    http://onepace.net/
    Discord
    Last edited by Sewil; April 21st, 2017 at 08:28 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: One Pace

    Great job so far. More polished than the "condensed" project as far as I could tell. Hopefully this project lasts to cover all of the 1 chapter 1 episode paced arcs of the series.

    I may be getting ahead of myself, but if One Pace catches up to the current arc before it's over, may I suggest going back to Water7/Enies Lobby and doing that arc up to Marineford and the Sabo flashback? That should cover almost all of the badly paced arcs pre-New World.


  3. #3

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luffy View Post
    Great job so far. More polished than the "condensed" project as far as I could tell. Hopefully this project lasts to cover all of the 1 chapter 1 episode paced arcs of the series.

    I may be getting ahead of myself, but if One Pace catches up to the current arc before it's over, may I suggest going back to Water7/Enies Lobby and doing that arc up to Marineford and the Sabo flashback? That should cover almost all of the badly paced arcs pre-New World.
    Yeah. We plan on catching up to the current arc pretty fast. We'll probably continue doing Punk Hazard episodes as well every 2 weeks (or however fast Toei adapts chapters).

    In between the normal episode releases though, we'll work on older arcs. We haven't decided on a starting point yet, but it'll probably be either Water 7 or Skypiea, or maybe even the beginning of Alabasta that dragged on.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:




  4. #4

    Default Re: One Pace

    Honestly, I'd recommend starting at Thriller Bark. That's when 1 Chapter per episode started to become an every-episode thing. Before then, 2 chapter per episode and 1.5 chapter per episode pacing still happened.

    Thriller Bark and on is really what needs it the most, so I'd say start there and work forward and if you run out, then go back and do W7/EL, Skypiea, etc.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

  5. #5
    Bisoromi Bear Game And Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hitchhiking through the Galaxy

    Default Re: One Pace

    Start with Enies Lobby, IMO.

    You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

  6. #6
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Honestly, I'd recommend starting at Thriller Bark. That's when 1 Chapter per episode started to become an every-episode thing. Before then, 2 chapter per episode and 1.5 chapter per episode pacing still happened.

    Thriller Bark and on is really what needs it the most, so I'd say start there and work forward and if you run out, then go back and do W7/EL, Skypiea, etc.
    Beginning of Arabasta has pretty bad pacing as well and fillers. We will then probably go onto Water 7 Saga. We will do Thriller Bark arc but that will probably not be our top priority.
    Last edited by Sewil; April 5th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Beginning of Arabasta has pretty bad pacing as well and fillers.
    How do you plan on doing the Ace thing? Since he's supposed to leave after owning the Baroque Works fleet, but the anime makes him stay for a while longer, fusing canon scenes into their filler episodes. I guess you'll just have to overlook that since there isn't any way around it?

  8. #8
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman_Link View Post
    How do you plan on doing the Ace thing? Since he's supposed to leave after owning the Baroque Works fleet, but the anime makes him stay for a while longer, fusing canon scenes into their filler episodes. I guess you'll just have to overlook that since there isn't any way around it?
    Yeah that particular detail seems pretty impossible, unless you wanna paint it over with some sort of brush just for the fun of it, that would ruin the episodes though ;P.

  9. #9

    Default Re: One Pace

    Episode 6 is now in the first post.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:




  10. #10

    Default Re: One Pace

    Good stuff, guys! This is so much easier to watch and keep my attention focused on. I'll keep seeding for as long as I can.

  11. #11

    Default Re: One Pace

    Love you guys for doing this. Keep up the good work. Next to The early spoiler translators you guys r the best thing about this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.
    3DS FC-0473-7772-2500
    PSN-Aniki_33

  12. #12
    Discovered Stowaway Kaoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    all the way from Uruguay!

    Default Re: One Pace

    Yesterday we were watching the reunion and I can't believe it went that fluid, one piece is meant to be watched like this, quality improves A LOT!!

    The only thing I missed was the Song New World by brook, I was saddened when I saw it cut off, I know it filler, but it was one of the few thing the anime did right :P

    Anyway, I'll seed as much as I can and I hope you continue with this project

    thanks agan, (PD, my husband is a one piece fan but doesn't have an account here, so he tells me to send his thanks too :P!)

  13. #13

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    Yesterday we were watching the reunion and I can't believe it went that fluid, one piece is meant to be watched like this, quality improves A LOT!!

    The only thing I missed was the Song New World by brook, I was saddened when I saw it cut off, I know it filler, but it was one of the few thing the anime did right :P

    Anyway, I'll seed as much as I can and I hope you continue with this project

    thanks agan, (PD, my husband is a one piece fan but doesn't have an account here, so he tells me to send his thanks too :P!)
    Yeah. About the New World Song. We debated whether or not to keep it in, but in the end decided to remove it to make it as close as possible to the manga. It was hard to get rid of it though.

    Also, thanks for the positive comments guys. It keeps us motivated to keep doing them. We definitely plan on keeping the project going as long as Toei continues with their current pace.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:




  14. #14
    Confused Nex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Icy Tundra of a Clean Shaven Face

    Default Re: One Pace

    Really great job with Return to Saobody. My only complaint is that you cut the awesome New World song. :/ Also, some of the cuts felt a little awkward, but only 2 really stood out.

    I stopped watching the anime in Fishmen Island, so I'm looking forward to wait you all can do with it! IS there a set release chedule you're going for, or is it just whenever?

    By the way, it's 2013, not 2012. :P


  15. #15

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    Really great job with Return to Saobody. My only complaint is that you cut the awesome New World song. :/ Also, some of the cuts felt a little awkward, but only 2 really stood out.

    I stopped watching the anime in Fishmen Island, so I'm looking forward to wait you all can do with it! IS there a set release chedule you're going for, or is it just whenever?

    By the way, it's 2013, not 2012. :P
    One every 2 days is the goal, but we do release earlier if we finish.

    By the way, which 2 cuts?

    (7 will release in a few hours by the way)
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; April 6th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:




  16. #16
    Confused Nex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Icy Tundra of a Clean Shaven Face

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    One every 2 days is the goal, but we do release earlier if we finish.

    By the way, which 2 cuts?

    (7 will release in a few hours by the way)
    In the episode 2: the cut from the marines staring at Rayleigh, to everyone running was really jarring stood out the most. As did one of the ones during the end, when it goes back and forth between the people helping the Straw Hats. I don't remember which, I watched them this morning, but it seemed kind of sudden.

    Overall though, like I said, it was a great! I'm about to watch 3 and 4.


  17. #17

    Default Re: One Pace

    I, for one, am very glad you cut out Brook's horrendously awful song. I hated that so damn much (which probably stems from me hating everything about post timeskip Brook), so it being gone was a work of art.

    Looking forward to the next ep!

  18. #18
    Bisoromi Bear Game And Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hitchhiking through the Galaxy

    Default Re: One Pace

    I personally think that filler that is actually good should be kept. Good filler isn't included with horrible pacing - if it's worth it, I say keep it. "More accurately" doesn't mean "exactly like the manga", so I believe good filler scenes should be kept.

    You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

  19. #19
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    In the episode 2: the cut from the marines staring at Rayleigh, to everyone running was really jarring stood out the most. As did one of the ones during the end, when it goes back and forth between the people helping the Straw Hats. I don't remember which, I watched them this morning, but it seemed kind of sudden.

    Overall though, like I said, it was a great! I'm about to watch 3 and 4.
    Do you mean right after the We Go! song? That's how it was depicted in the manga, they were being chased by marines, who were shocked for a minute over Rayleigh's presence, but then realized they had no time to just stare.
    Or maybe you mean after he cut the line in the ground and the music was faded out?
    I know there were some awkward cuts in episode 2 and I'm planning on re-doing it.

    The one I disliked the most was the one I discovered after I'd released it, which was a cut between two songs, and didn't fit in at all.

    Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

  20. #20

    Default Re: One Pace

    Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    I personally think that filler that is actually good should be kept. Good filler isn't included with horrible pacing - if it's worth it, I say keep it. "More accurately" doesn't mean "exactly like the manga", so I believe good filler scenes should be kept.
    Well, "good filler" and "bad filler" is hard to define. In the end, it would lead to some people complaining that a certain filler scene was left in, and some people complaining that another was left in. It completely depends on the person.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts