+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3140

Thread: One Pace

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by AMT View Post
    Hi One Pace Team & Everyone,

First thank you One Pace team for your work in this its greatly appreciated.

Second Its good to see you are back working on this, last time I checked here things felt like One Pace was shutting down, but now it seems you guys are back on it full speed and with higher production value.

Last thing I want to say is I was following you guys for sometimes now, I check on whats going on from time to time, but in order to follow your work progress I created this excel file (I've shared this file before in your site comment system) One Pace
    Wow, looks like you put a lot of work into that. If you want I can link it from the site in the Info section so that more people who are interested can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luffy View Post
    Nice Excel file, though I'd probably label Dressrosa as "On Hold", at least for the time being.
    Thanks Mr. Luffy for that correction. updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Wow, looks like you put a lot of work into that. If you want I can link it from the site in the Info section so that more people who are interested can see it.
    Wow that would be great, glad you liked it Sewil.

Far off but how are you guys planning on doing 737? Since it's mainly implied filler that oda himself had a hand in?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

They'll just skip it like they did the daddy the father episode. If it isn't in the manga it's not canon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Far off but how are you guys planning on doing 737? Since it's mainly implied filler that oda himself had a hand in?
    There's no way to tell what exactly he decided on, and what Toei decided on themselves. The only things we know for sure are some of his notes on the script, along with the Volume 80 SBS details that Toei greatly expanded on.

Contradictions exist though, like Sabo being 12 in the anime and Koala's already there, but she isn't supposed to join until he's 13 according to SBS Volume 80.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Any idea on when well the OST of derassarosa will be released?

Also well second half of derassarosa well be started right after the sound track is released?

Want thank you guys for all of your hard work I really appreciate it

While I appreciate One Pace and the One Pace team, they sometimes enjoy the cutting tool too much. But alas, the end result is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Op user 123 View Post
    Any idea on when well the OST of derassarosa will be released?
    Unfortunately not. We're just waiting on Toei at this point.

Also well second half of derassarosa well be started right after the sound track is released?
    Yeah, that's the plan.

Want thank you guys for all of your hard work I really appreciate it
    Glad you enjoy!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    While I appreciate One Pace and the One Pace team, they sometimes enjoy the cutting tool too much. But alas, the end result is still great.
    Any examples of "too much cutting"?

AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post

Any examples of "too much cutting"?
    I posted it some very many months before, but what I remember most was following: Thriller Bark, Robin grew wings to hold franky and herself. Franky shoots his hand to hold on ledge. *cut* Robin stands on ledge, Franky hit the wall facefront and complains about robin.
    Missing scene was Robin stepping on Franky's head, pushing franky against the wall. Basically just a few seconds missing but obvious. With that cut, it just doesn't make sense.

Actually, it works in the One Pace cut because because there is a long-shot of Franky swinging towards and you can see Robin's silhouette be positioned where she's close enough to leap. Also, afterwards Franky says "How dare you use my head for a stepping stone!" Pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

The main thing there is that the sequence of her stepping on his face is not in the manga and how she actually does "use his head as a stepping stone" is left to the imagination. Whether one is better than the other in this case is debatable but the sequence itself is not essential.

I don't think it's a good idea to stick with the manga too much... The manga is supposed to be read, not watched, readers will obviously put 2 and 2 together because they are used to doing so while reading... But the same method won't work on an anime, it would feel disjointed or abrupt. Therefore, employing a pace that flows well should be more important than imitating the manga.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Choosing to stick to the manga is the right path for me, I understand both ideas of leaving some extra footage from the Anime to make it looks better or adding stuff that Oda said he contributed to, the problem with those ideas is they will create debate on lots of episodes within the One Pace team which means delays for releasing episodes, and in the end you won't be able to satisfy everyone inside or outside the One Pace team.

Having One Piece Manga as your goal makes it much easier to process episodes and of course there will be some debate even with Manga only, like removing that girl in reverse mountain, but I would guess that will be 10% of what will happen if you decide to open that gate.

One Piece is a huge anime which is possibly at 60%-70% mark of its life, finishing it ASAP with the best quality possible is what we need, One Pace team is working for free using their own time, life happens and they could be forced to stop this, so getting it done ASAP would be amazing, after that there could be discussion about doing a v2 or extended version to some of the episodes.

That's why I like the filler-less project that's going on right now, because it removes the demand for a lot of people who want to watch the current episodes, even though that project is still not quite there but soon they will get there, doing that let One Pace work on producing the best version possible.

BTW I don't want to confuse people, I am not part of the One Pace team, these are my own thoughts & Ideas about One Pace.

If you go to One Pace site the torrents section just keeps reloading, I don't know if this is because of high load on the site or something else is going on. Streams section loads fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luffy View Post
    Actually, it works in the One Pace cut because because there is a long-shot of Franky swinging towards and you can see Robin's silhouette be positioned where she's close enough to leap. Also, afterwards Franky says "How dare you use my head for a stepping stone!" Pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

The main thing there is that the sequence of her stepping on his face is not in the manga and how she actually does "use his head as a stepping stone" is left to the imagination. Whether one is better than the other in this case is debatable but the sequence itself is not essential.
    I agree for the most part but there are times such as in sabaody where there was a fair bit of exposition, that the pauses between the sentences seemed cut too fast and the pauses felt to short to be natural, so it's like stereotypical japanese anime perceptions, like some of the bigger scenes happen and are off in a flash, Im not talking about scene stalling everybody reacting but it seems sometimes that the feel is cut a bit too tight on certain things
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AMT View Post
    Choosing to stick to the manga is the right path for me, I understand both ideas of leaving some extra footage from the Anime to make it looks better or adding stuff that Oda said he contributed to, the problem with those ideas is they will create debate on lots of episodes within the One Pace team which means delays for releasing episodes, and in the end you won't be able to satisfy everyone inside or outside the One Pace team.

Having One Piece Manga as your goal makes it much easier to process episodes and of course there will be some debate even with Manga only, like removing that girl in reverse mountain, but I would guess that will be 10% of what will happen if you decide to open that gate.

One Piece is a huge anime which is possibly at 60%-70% mark of its life, finishing it ASAP with the best quality possible is what we need, One Pace team is working for free using their own time, life happens and they could be forced to stop this, so getting it done ASAP would be amazing, after that there could be discussion about doing a v2 or extended version to some of the episodes.

That's why I like the filler-less project that's going on right now, because it removes the demand for a lot of people who want to watch the current episodes, even though that project is still not quite there but soon they will get there, doing that let One Pace work on producing the best version possible.

BTW I don't want to confuse people, I am not part of the One Pace team, these are my own thoughts & Ideas about One Pace.

If you go to One Pace site the torrents section just keeps reloading, I don't know if this is because of high load on the site or something else is going on. Streams section loads fine.
    Do you watch this for enjoyment or just to be giddy about how close it is to the manga? Some of the episodes in here have had very abrupt cuts and speedy flow to the point it doesn't become enjoyable anymore.

I don't see why there should be arguments within the team regarding good pacing... I'm not saying they should always keep Anime only characters/event... But if a scene's flow is dependent on a filler scene, then it should be kept, not doing so will harm the flow.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Do you watch this for enjoyment or just to be giddy about how close it is to the manga? Some of the episodes in here have had very abrupt cuts and speedy flow to the point it doesn't become enjoyable anymore.

I don't see why there should be arguments within the team regarding good pacing... I'm not saying they should always keep Anime only characters/event... But if a scene's flow is dependent on a filler scene, then it should be kept, not doing so will harm the flow.
    Can you give specific examples? That'd help us see what you mean.

Stuff that is embedded into the anime too much to remove is almost always left in. Same with filler that helps establish the scene. I can't think of many examples in the recent episodes where we've done completely jarring cuts.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; April 20th, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I agree for the most part but there are times such as in sabaody where there was a fair bit of exposition, that the pauses between the sentences seemed cut too fast and the pauses felt to short to be natural, so it's like stereotypical japanese anime perceptions, like some of the bigger scenes happen and are off in a flash, Im not talking about scene stalling everybody reacting but it seems sometimes that the feel is cut a bit too tight on certain things
    That is a valid concern and the project is trying to improve in that regard. This is unrelated to filler and has more to do with giving a bit of breathing space between lines and scenes.

I think in the case you're referring to, it could be a byproduct of how the Toei scripting was handled. The editing will not be perfect in some instanced due to how Toei chose to do certain scenes so some abruptness will be unavoidable.

One big change we will notice is during Aokiji's intro at the end of the Long Ring Long Land arc (or at least what should have been LRLL). Toei changed that so much to the point where Aokiji ends up appearing on a filler island and had no involvement in helping Tonjit, so One Pace is going to have to be including some sort of additional fillery content so it still makes sense in anime form. As far as I can tell it might be the biggest change Toei did in its adaptation of the series outside of censorship.

Just wanted to say thank you to the One Pace team! I have been a longtime follower of you guys and your progress over the couple years has been amazing. Eagerly waiting the completion of Dressrosa; my girlfriend has been able to mostly catch up to the main story and enjoyed every bit because One Pace exists (I didn't mind rewatching it in manga canon fashion either haha). Keep up the good work, and thank you again!!
    =/

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Can you give specific examples? That'd help us see what you mean.

Stuff that is embedded into the anime too much to remove is almost always left in. Same with filler that helps establish the scene. I can't think of many examples in the recent episodes where we've done completely jarring cuts.
    It's been a long time since I watched it, so I can't really remember specific examples, all I remember is that the impressions I had from watching it were similar to that of fuzi11. The pacing is fast to a fault.

He mentioned an example above.

Wow, things got a little debatey in here. Thanks for your answers Mr. Luffy and AMT, I'm inclined to agree with you. It has been a while since I watched Paced Thriller Bark but I never remembered being confused by the scene so your editing must have worked just fine.

With a series on such a big scale as this making the show flow smoothly like it does in the manga is important. We have to realize that the anime has taken some liberties with things (Hody fight being an example) and so some scenes may just seem to go by quickly. But at the end of the day "pacing" does still need to happen, the fact that we're even here means that (at least some of us) would be much more willing to wait on fluff free episodes than to even watch the ones Toei puts out.

That's just my thoughts, I've always loved your work here so please continue to correct the anime by the mangas example however you find necessary.

It's definitely a tough balancing act to keep up, we want to be manga loyal but it also has to make sense. Occasionally I do think some filler does actually enhance the show but in the end we're about making a more manga loyal version. That being said we aren't making the manga, toei made it impossible to make a completely loyal version. (see Aoikiji's appearance) So while we are focusing on the manga, I think in the future we should be extra careful to not cut things that result in the episode feeling too rushed or none nonsensical.
    Last edited by Feeso; April 22nd, 2016 at 10:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information