+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3127

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    You can't entirely blame them for being crestfallen that, to continue, they'd basically have to start that process all over again with a new editor learning the ropes on that all over again.
    If only Simon had done a video of himself making an episode, then we could learn his ways!

Guess people didn't like it?

Freaking Simon! Why can't he come back from retirement? :(
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    They also don't have the luxury of working with actual master files for the video or audio, they have to work with the rips that are available online. This means that editing is VERY hard in places because you have to cut around the music in such a way that it's not BLATANTLY obvious someone hacked a chunk of the episode out. As such, the editing of these episodes isn't exactly easy and took time and effort for them to get good with.

You can't entirely blame them for being crestfallen that, to continue, they'd basically have to start that process all over again with a new editor learning the ropes on that all over again.
    Ain't that the truth! Simon (or Sewil, whichever) seems like the one that had the magic touch when it came to editing these, seemingly fine-tuning his skills over the past 2 years or so, especially in terms of audio mixing in the more recent efforts. And some Dressrosa episodes were clearly a bitch to edit well given how Toei laid out the episodes.

So, yeah, let's wait this out as it seems like those left on the project are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunreaper View Post
    Guess people didn't like it?
    I'm downloading your edit now. Will try to give you some feedback by tomorrow. Thanks for going out of your way to give back to the community. Even though, you know, in an ideal world the fans wouldn't need to be the ones improving the source material but whatever.

UPDATE: Okay, so I finished watching it and some of those cuts are pretty rough and jarring. But I applaud the effort. (It really is amazing how much Marineford can be shortened by simply removing the recaps. If only that was the ONLY thing making it so long.) I've got some experience with Sony Vegas so I'm gonna try fine tuning it and adding a "To be continued" at the end. Just don't expect me to finish this by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wilze D Wild; October 12th, 2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Update

The weird part about the Sewil situation I think, is that from what I've gathered.... he just like.... disappeared.... Like, nobody can get a hold of him at any capacity.

This is obviously a fan project he wasn't getting paid for, so he wasn't really required to continue it or anything, but... it's odd that he just up and abandoned it without leaving any kind of online prescience....

Kinda worrying actually, as something may have happened to him... now I'm really hoping he's ok.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

It's not that weird, from following many fan projects of various types in the past 10 years nearly all of them have members disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    (not trying to be rude)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only reason you don't want to continue is because you don't want to get a new editor? Do you realize their's a possibility Sewil will never return or even be dead? Hopefully he/she isn't dead but we have to face facts here. Waiting for him/her to come back is unfair to your fans tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Freaking Simon! Why can't he come back from retirement? :(
    putting tons of hours of work on something for free and coming here to see over privileged comments like these must be very depressing.
    thanks alot guys for all the hard work you've done and goodluck in your lifes and i hope Simon is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilze D Wild View Post
    UPDATE: Okay, so I finished watching it and some of those cuts are pretty rough and jarring. But I applaud the effort. (It really is amazing how much Marineford can be shortened by simply removing the recaps. If only that was the ONLY thing making it so long.) I've got some experience with Sony Vegas so I'm gonna try fine tuning it and adding a "To be continued" at the end. Just don't expect me to finish this by tomorrow.
    Which ones? The ending was kind of annoying since they couldn't even be bothered to put that last minute in the episode, had to get it from the next one. And theres the TV station beeps and what not too.

I'm not using something like vegas and cutting the episode then retiming subtitles or anything, i'm using a program that does it all at once. Less time consuming to do, but it doesn't allow me to be as accurate with the cuts.

Ah yeah i forgot the To be continued card at the end. Honestly i was just tired of doing it at that point so i rushed it a bit, was the first time using the program so i was sitting at the computer for hours working with it.

Definitely the ending and a moment between Coby and Helmeppo were the ones that stood out the most. (I.e ones where it seemed like a sentence was cut off abruptly.) The full episodes that I have also have those same TV station beeps though, so I can't do anything about that. I'm also not planning on trying to fix the background music but I do think having just an extra second of silence would make some cuts seem more natural.

I went back over the first episode and noticed a bunch of problems.

i edited and it's much better than before.

Also worked on the second episode.

https://openload.co/f/F85V6JGRi7I/[yibis]_One_Piece_Marineford_01_[EP459-461][Ch550-551][720p][D42A49B3].mkv
    https://openload.co/f/ekEqsAw36cs/[yibis]_One_Piece_Marineford_02_[EP461-463][Ch552-553][720p][4A9E2500].mkv

Not one pace quality, but i'm not using vegas or any video editing program like that.
    Last edited by Shogunreaper; October 22nd, 2015 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks a lot for the cuts! Keep it up, very good work so far. Will watch all that you post.

I had an idea for continuing this.
    What if we make a one piece edit like One Pace but disregard trying to make it flow smoothly. Like so you notice where the edits are and the music jumps around.
    This wouldn't be as nice as the One Pace project but it would be much faster to make and at least we wouldnt have to suffer through filler

I'd try this myself is someone has advise on the quickest easiest video editing tool, for importing multiple episodes and cut and pasting parts into a new episode.

Quote Originally Posted by parappa View Post
    I had an idea for continuing this.
    What if we make a one piece edit like One Pace but disregard trying to make it flow smoothly. Like so you notice where the edits are and the music jumps around.
    This wouldn't be as nice as the One Pace project but it would be much faster to make and at least we wouldnt have to suffer through filler

I'd try this myself is someone has advise on the quickest easiest video editing tool, for importing multiple episodes and cut and pasting parts into a new episode.
    I was using SolveigMM Video Splitter Business Edition

Are there any one piece releases with the subtitles as part of the video file. Or is there an easy way to make them part of the video file before editing?

KF's subs are hardsubs, pretty sure everything after is soft subs though. Not really sure.

KF is way behind i want to work on dressrosa
    Any ideas for making the subtitles in the .ts, part of the video file itself?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I figured it out. I used a program called VidCoder

Quote Originally Posted by parappa View Post
    Are there any one piece releases with the subtitles as part of the video file. Or is there an easy way to make them part of the video file before editing?
    yibis is the only one you really need, they started subbing after thriller bark (when the pacing got horrible)

Second star to the right is where you'll find me if you believe

Shame it's been stopped/stalled but thanks for all the work you did do. It still helps a lot in watching/rewatching and hope someday you return!

I'm in the i middle of doing my version of an edited episode
    Would you guys be okey if songs just cut out abruptly, or if songs ended naturally even if it meant getting a bit of filler?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information