+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    I personally think that filler that is actually good should be kept. Good filler isn't included with horrible pacing - if it's worth it, I say keep it. "More accurately" doesn't mean "exactly like the manga", so I believe good filler scenes should be kept.
    Sometimes it's hard to know what "good" is, though, because of opinions and all. I think it's best to just go with accuracy most of the time, unless it is just a funny one liner or something (like Mr. 1's "I'm rusty" line against Mihawk in the war) of the like. Full blown filler scenes are best left out.

Discovered Stowaway

I personally think that filler that is actually good should be kept. Good filler isn't included with horrible pacing - if it's worth it, I say keep it. "More accurately" doesn't mean "exactly like the manga", so I believe good filler scenes should be kept.
    Our goal is to make the anime match the manga more accurately, so we probably won't leave in filler scenes unless it's really needed to not disrupt the flow of the episode. A "good" filler is relative and is not something we can decide.

Ah, I do see how subjective it is now that you guys point it out. But in whatever case, I do like the end product. Though I am a dub watcher, I've started to get into the subs when I actually watched these better paced episodes :v

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Do you mean right after the We Go! song? That's how it was depicted in the manga, they were being chased by marines, who were shocked for a minute over Rayleigh's presence, but then realized they had no time to just stare.
    Or maybe you mean after he cut the line in the ground and the music was faded out?
    I know there were some awkward cuts in episode 2 and I'm planning on re-doing it.

The one I disliked the most was the one I discovered after I'd released it, which was a cut between two songs, and didn't fit in at all.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.
    The one after Rayleigh makes the line. It's definitely the awkward cutting of the music. That music is really going to be the most pain in the ass part of this. You have my sympathy; I wish you luck.

Though I am a dub watcher, I've started to get into the subs when I actually watched these better paced episodes :v
    Good to hear. Our main purpose in doing this is to help people that hate the anime's current awful pace, so they don't miss out on the actual good parts of it.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman_Link View Post
    I, for one, am very glad you cut out Brook's horrendously awful song. I hated that so damn much (which probably stems from me hating everything about post timeskip Brook), so it being gone was a work of art.

Looking forward to the next ep!
    We're just destined to not get along. Brook's my favorite character. Especially post-TS. :/

That said, you have to admit that it does seem a little strange cutting all of New World, despite how long Bone to be Wild went on (though that was also cut.)

Personally I'm fine with it the way it is. As much as I love the song, it does kill the pace. If I really want to see it, there are a billion versions on youtube.

Are these videos viewable by links anywhere? (I don't use Torrents)
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Are these videos viewable by links anywhere? (I don't use Torrents)
    They were taken off Dailymotion. We're looking for alternatives at this moment.

(If you want DDL links, I might be able to supply them).

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    We're just destined to not get along. Brook's my favorite character. Especially post-TS. :/
    I'll probably like him a bit better if I start watching One Pace consistently, as opposed to the regular anime. All of his filler and extended scenes just make him the most unbearable character of all time, IMO. Everything he does just wastes time and pisses me off. I also can't stand his Post-TS design...everything about it...ugh.

But with most of the extended scenes cut out, he might turn into a better character (I liked him back in Thriller Bark).

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Would viewable-only-if-you-have-the-link YouTube or Google Video work? Don't know their copyright policing in detail enough.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman_Link View Post
    I'll probably like him a bit better if I start watching One Pace consistently, as opposed to the regular anime. All of his filler and extended scenes just make him the most unbearable character of all time, IMO. Everything he does just wastes time and pisses me off. I also can't stand his Post-TS design...everything about it...ugh.

But with most of the extended scenes cut out, he might turn into a better character (I liked him back in Thriller Bark).
    Just curios, are you anime only? If so, then I can totally understand where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Would viewable-only-if-you-have-the-link YouTube or Google Video work? Don't know their copyright policing in detail enough.
    I'll attempt to do that.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

(If you want DDL links, I might be able to supply them).
    So I'm guessing finding a way to put them on watch op.com is out if the question. I myself don't use torrents,that and have a sucky connection and would otherwise would never be able to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    So I'm guessing finding a way to put them on watch op.com is out if the question. I myself don't use torrents,that and have a sucky connection and would otherwise would never be able to watch this.
    I'm going to attempt to throw them onto dailymotion/youtube again. Gonna give such a vague title, that they might not get removed.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I'm going to attempt to throw them onto dailymotion/youtube again. Gonna give such a vague title, that they might not get removed.
    Awesome will keep a lookout.

Episode 7 added to first post.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; April 7th, 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Nvm...

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Episode 7 added to first post.
    You guys are awesome... Downloading!

Episode 1 and 2 are now available to stream. More coming as they're uploaded.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Our goal is to make the anime match the manga more accurately, so we probably won't leave in filler scenes unless it's really needed to not disrupt the flow of the episode. A "good" filler is relative and is not something we can decide.
    Glad to here it. The goal of this project should be to follow the manga as closely as possible with extraneous bits and animation only included for the purpose of pacing scenes that were slightly rushed and hectic in the manga. Obviously, it's a subjective judgement call in some respects, but I think those disagreements are pretty minor light of the overall advantages of this project.

Nice to see more of the community doing this stuff. You guys should hook up with Dahaka, who was making the one piece condensed project. Always love seeing this kind of stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information