+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 2,541 to 2,548 of 2548

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If by better we mean improvement of quality, then no. But by all means it is an improvement over having needless filler take up the same time space dedicated to throwaway gags and whatnot.

It is better in context of a show that currently draws out any crowd reactions for the sake of filling a 24min time slot.
    that is more of an issue with the current format of the show, for example: if we got 6 episode that covered 4 manga chapters each we would then have to stand about 24 or more episodes of half chapter episodes. which is why i think one piece either needs to take a break, do some filler arcs or die (and start from scratch to have a better paced anime from beginning to end) which won't happen so we have to deal with it and thank the one pace team for what they do

No need to die at all, but filler and breaks are absolutely options, just ones they aren't looking to take for the sake of staying true to the manga.

Pacing and proper material coverage can be corrected through their one-off OVA material as well. Maybe not entire arcs, but their Episode Of series did a great job covering notable characters.

As a whole, One Pace is doing a fantastic job of making due with the material we have through the anime. I was an anime watcher up to Punk Hazard, and that was when it started becoming a real slog of a series to watch. Now Im going through One Pace with my wife and its actually hard to go back to regular format episodes for some arcs. There is so much catchup and narrative reiteration in each episode, I can't do Dressrosa again in a regular format ever.

There's more to it than just the format of the TV series and the 24 minute broadcasts. The pacing the manga has been increasingly drawn out compared to how the series was set before, making it justifiable to have multiple pages and even chapters scrunched together into one for the sake of better story telling.

Again, using Dressrosa as an example, there was a lot of pacing issues in the manga in delaying Luffy from the big fights or used to explain where each character was in the grand scheme of things. The Franky-Senor Pink fight had one page/one panel cameos every few chapters just so you knew it was still happening, until their actual fight and conclusion. That's a lot of stuff that could be cut down if the story was retold without a chapter-to-chapter format.

Then we have chapters like Zou that really get to the point and don't mess around; you could literally take a chapter as an episode and it would work because it's crammed full of good stuff.
    Last edited by Triceron; June 12th, 2019 at 05:47 PM.

hold up ima slap a "to be continued" shot at the end of an opening and call it a One Pace filler arc.

Its like they tried to fix the shit anime with things like episode of skypiea, episode of merry, alabasta movie etc. But then they just fucked it up even more. One piece needs better, or a like an official One Piece kia that fixes what they have done

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Oh my goooodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Yes, I was checking in every day for this
    But, I wish you would care more about framerates
    Using SVP (Smooth Video Project) on your releases was always choppier than usual, but this ep is just a nightmare fps-vise
    (tho the file info says, it was rendered in 60, so I'm not sure whats going on. Like, the vanilla Horriblesubs releases are in 23.976 fps but they are buttersmooth)

Quote Originally Posted by zetSuBou-Billy View Post
    Yes, I was checking in every day for this
    But, I wish you would care more about framerates
    Using SVP (Smooth Video Project) on your releases was always choppier than usual, but this ep is just a nightmare fps-vise
    (tho the file info says, it was rendered in 60, so I'm not sure whats going on. Like, the vanilla Horriblesubs releases are in 23.976 fps but they are buttersmooth)
    I have zero issues playing the file in MPC-HC. It’s buttersmooth for me.

We did switch to 60 FPS encodes (doesn’t actually make it look 60 FPS of course) because 23 FPS had several laggy pans, no matter what we tried. When we render in Sony Vegas, we have to render out at 60 to prevent rogue frames and the like, so converting it to 23 was just causing issues.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information