+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Are there any links for Episodes 2+ Streaming?
    We're sort of waiting until we go back and rerender those episodes to upload them to putlocker, so that they're easier to upload, and so we don't have to upload two separate files.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Discovered Stowaway

Currently experimenting with a program called XDelta, which will allow you to simply download a patch file instead of having to download a new torrent, when we release a new version of earlier releases.

New World Episode 35 released: http://onepace.comeze.com/downloads-2/
    Last edited by Sewil; July 8th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Would you consider keeping original name for the attacks? Such as in Whitebeard War Episode 1 when Coby uses the Soru, you translated it into "Shave". Maybe you could keep original name in the script and insert what does it mean up on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by IORI_17 View Post
    Would you consider keeping original name for the attacks? Such as in Whitebeard War Episode 1 when Coby uses the Soru, you translated it into "Shave". Maybe you could keep original name in the script and insert what does it mean up on the screen.
    Why exactly? If it has an English equivalent, use it, I always say.

Well, we usually translate any of the stuff we can find that can easily be translated (Vegapunk tended to leave in Nakama, ossan, niichan, and other things).

If enough people don't want the attacks translated (or devil fruits), then I guess we could start using TL notes instead for them.

AP Discord

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Well, we usually translate any of the stuff we can find that can easily be translated (Vegapunk tended to leave in Nakama, ossan, niichan, and other things).

If enough people don't want the attacks translated (or devil fruits), then I guess we could start using TL notes instead for them.
    That, but we do make some exceptions, such as in names like Nami (Wave), Sengoku (Period of War), Aokiji (Blue Pheasant), etc., since names almost always means something in Japan, and it would look silly if we translated it directly.
    However, if the attack name is not in Japanese, but for example French, it is meant to be said in French and we leave it as that and put an English note on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Why exactly? If it has an English equivalent, use it, I always say.
    It's just because it sounds weird to me since it's the first time I watch OP in english and I think it could be the same for every non-english motherlanguage following this project. I easily recognized Soru and some of Luffy's attacks, but it could be hard when more characters get involved, such as in the Marine Ford war. In the end it's even an artistic idea, I prefer japanese names over english ones (maybe because I never read them).

As I already said, with things like "nakama" or "mugiwara" it's an artistic choose. I prefer the original for what I've said before, but it's your release so do the best you think for it.

I agree, with "nakama" or "mugiwara" or other similar things- it doesn't matter to me if those are translated. However, I greatly prefer not having attack/technique names translated in the actual subtitles, and think the "Translator's note" is the better way to go.

Apart from that, I love this project. I don't think it would've been possible for me to watch Fishman Island any other way. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to check out Thriller Bark paced, and more of the Whitebeard War!

OK translate however you like. But please PLEASE, don't leave nakama untranslated. Probably the biggest pet peeve I had with the op fan translations.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    OK translate however you like. But please PLEASE, don't leave nakama untranslated. Probably the biggest pet peeve I had with the op fan translations.
    Oh, don't worry about Nakama. We eliminate that no matter what.

Update: 7 will be released tonight, with the rerelease of 2 following tomorrow.

Update 2: And... 7 is out: http://onepace.comeze.com/whitebeard-war-downloads/
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; July 9th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.

AP Discord

I always thought there was a point of not translating "nakama"... basically for what it means; friend or comrade, or both.

I was reading a translation in the manga and just before Arlong gets defeated, he says to Luffy "Nami is my friend" which was pretty stupid to translate it into "friend" instead of "comrade" at that point. Then when he gets defeated, Luffy says to Nami "you're my friend". Now both of these quotes could have just said "comrade" and it would make more sense. In Luffy's case, it makes sense to translate it into either friend or comrade.. nakama makes more sense in most cases cause of what it was originally meant to mean.

Really, i don't see what the big hassle is on not translating a few japanese words. Just like how when people get into anime, they get used to words like san, chan etc, they get used to "nakama" in One Piece. In other anime, i see no point of not translating this word...

The "point" of not translating "nakama" was that Kaizoku-Fansubs were lazy.

Not only that, the straw hats are so close that they can consider themselves family/best friends. If you thought that line was stupid, then you know nothing about this series, or about the shonen jump line in general.

And you don't see the big deal? That's what a translator supposed to do. So if someone gives you your order wrong at a restaraunt you accept it? Hell no you don't, (I realize that's not the best analogy for this situation, but I think you'll get the point. ) thus is just like the"all according to keikaku" scene all over again, only on a grander scale of laziness.

Ehh, no need to fight over the old translations. I think Kaizoku-Fansubs has fixed those mistakes in their newer releases (not 100% sure), but I don't think it was really a matter of laziness, just more-so what they thought was more correct. You won't have to worry about Nakama, ossan, and other Japanese phrases being left present in these releases. Me and Sewil are still talking about the attacks though, so there's that.

Episode 2 has been rereleased with the new preset, and more cuts: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=451207

Expect the new version to be on Putlocker soon.

3v2 should be out tomorrow, and I'm not sure about the progress on 8 at the moment.

AP Discord

Oh, don't worry about Nakama. We eliminate that no matter what.

Update: 7 will be released tonight, with the rerelease of 2 following tomorrow.

Update 2: And... 7 is out: http://onepace.comeze.com/whitebeard-war-downloads/
    I can't connect to the site, is just a problem of mine?

I can't connect to the site, is just a problem of mine?
    It has problems like that sometimes. It's back up for me at the moment.

AP Discord

It has problems like that sometimes. It's back up for me at the moment.
    As you said, now it's working. Thanks again for what you're doing.

So... are you guys gonna reup a streaming version of the New World episodes? I wana show a friend who can't DL it.

Also, keep translating everything please. no more BS anime fansub "We gotta leave crap in Japanese... just because..." mentality.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    So... are you guys gonna reup a streaming version of the New World episodes? I wana show a friend who can't DL it.

Also, keep translating everything please. no more BS anime fansub "We gotta leave crap in Japanese... just because..." mentality.
    As I said above:

We're sort of waiting until we go back and rerender those episodes to upload them to putlocker, so that they're easier to upload, and so we don't have to upload two separate files.
    The old files are huge. We plan on rerendering them as soon as the v2s of the Whitebeard War are all done.

AP Discord

Discovered Stowaway

And so you all know, I'm gonna start editing 8 when all the v2s are done.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information