+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2084

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Quote Originally Posted by drifter7 View Post
    Thank you very much for your hard work, this is much appreciated.

One Piece anime has become pretty much unwatchable lately. Horrible pacing, too many dragged scenes.

It would be very nice if someday we were able to watch One Piece in its entirety in a format that was more faithful to the manga. That goes for newcomers to the series as well as veterans as myself who may want to re-watch the series without the unnecessary stuff.

One ark I would personally really like to see done by you is the Jaya-Skypiea ark. I see that you have done the first few bits of the latter. Is anyone actively working on it right now?

Thank you very much again for all your efforts.
    We're glad that you enjoy the project!

Unfortunately, nobody is currently working on those arcs, but they will be worked on in the future.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    We're glad that you enjoy the project!

Unfortunately, nobody is currently working on those arcs, but they will be worked on in the future.
    Oh I'm sad to hear that, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to when the project will be complete and we will be able to have the whole anime in a shortened, unbloated, more faithful to the manga version.

Thank you very much for your reply and once again keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to all your future releases.

As a non-manga reader, I found the new naming extremely confusing. Not sure what was wrong with the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by zetSuBou-Billy View Post
    As a non-manga reader, I found the new naming extremely confusing. Not sure what was wrong with the old one?
    The point of the new naming system is so that episode file names aren't tied to arcs. People are free to put the files in any renamed directory they please, whether it be a saga, a different arc name, or whatever else.

The benefit for the team, is that we can edit the newest episode without worrying "Oh, is this [Arc] Episode #10? Or is it [Arc] Episode #9?" Even if we pinpoint it down, it could change later once we catch up to the backlog, depending on if we have to make any 3 chapter paced episodes because of Toei.

Arc batches will still release and have all the chapters bundled into folders, and the site still indicates which arc is which, but it doesn't make sense for the old file names to exist anymore if we're trying to do the above.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Chapter 801-803 (Zou 01 revised, with 801):
    http://onepace.net/2017/10/24/chapter-801-803/

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

it makes sense, in the ideal of making the episodes a bit better as well. depending on the story flow, merging more or less chapters to make neater episodes is also a valid idea.

if we didn't have lip-matching issues you could do so much more to speed things up, worry about cake island being a gong show as well. I do like when you manage to splice together reactions shots in artsy sequences so you see them all at once, instead of each 10 second pan of shocked faces

how goes it on the drum/garden batches?

Quote Originally Posted by xcan View Post

how goes it on the drum/garden batches?
    Neither of those are currently being worked on.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

The point of the new naming system is so that episode file names aren't tied to arcs. People are free to put the files in any renamed directory they please, whether it be a saga, a different arc name, or whatever else.

The benefit for the team, is that we can edit the newest episode without worrying "Oh, is this [Arc] Episode #10? Or is it [Arc] Episode #9?" Even if we pinpoint it down, it could change later once we catch up to the backlog, depending on if we have to make any 3 chapter paced episodes because of Toei.

Arc batches will still release and have all the chapters bundled into folders, and the site still indicates which arc is which, but it doesn't make sense for the old file names to exist anymore if we're trying to do the above.
    when are the episodes/chapters not tied to arcs?

the entire one piece series can be separated into arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunreaper View Post
    when are the episodes/chapters not tied to arcs?

the entire one piece series can be separated into arcs.
    "Episode file names".

For example, "Dressrosa 01" becomes [One Pace] Chapter 700-701, which is more akin to how the actual anime does it. It's not "One Piece Dressrosa Arc Episode xxx, it's One Piece Episode xxx.

We also want to be able to edit and release the newest Toei episodes, while also releasing the backlog. With the new naming system, we're able to do that, and don't have to "guess" what Arc Episode # it is.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I see you guys are use 3 digit for chapter # which is good for anything below 100 naming wise but shouldn't you guys be using 4 digit as we are already getting closer to chapter 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by AMT View Post
    I see you guys are use 3 digit for chapter # which is good for anything below 100 naming wise but shouldn't you guys be using 4 digit as we are already getting closer to chapter 1000.
    I'll worry about that in ~3 years.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I will remind you in 3 years then

"Episode file names".

For example, "Dressrosa 01" becomes [One Pace] Chapter 700-701, which is more akin to how the actual anime does it. It's not "One Piece Dressrosa Arc Episode xxx, it's One Piece Episode xxx.

We also want to be able to edit and release the newest Toei episodes, while also releasing the backlog. With the new naming system, we're able to do that, and don't have to "guess" what Arc Episode # it is.
    how does the old naming prevent you from doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunreaper View Post
    how does the old naming prevent you from doing it?
    Because we have to "guess" the episode number. And that's impractical to do because there could be changes as we edit the backlog.

If we "estimate" 843-844 to be "Whole Cake Island 11", and then we have to make 2 episodes 3 chapters when we do the actual backlog, we will then have to rename that episode.

Having it as simply "843-844" prevents that from happening, because the chapters usually stay consistent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I see you finished with those errands, i have been waiting a long time for this

825-826? I totally missed when 823-824 came out. When did that happen? lol

Quote Originally Posted by chunlisbk View Post
    825-826? I totally missed when 823-824 came out. When did that happen? lol
    Like back in May lol.

Thank you guys for continuing with WCI.

Thank you so much for working on whole cake!!
    Can't wait for the upcoming episodes!!!!
    Keep up the good work

As always,you guys do great work.I am watching Dressrosa now and it is fantastic,all thanks to you! You are the best :)

I saw that the next thing on the list is from the Alabasta Arc.Who is working on which Arc/episodes right now?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information