+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2088

Thread: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

  1. #1421

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    In 95% of the cases, being fat IS a choice. And fatness should be disencouraged just like smoking is.

    You don't understand hormones. And there are plenty of ways for everyone to become more attractive without medications.
    In fairness, different people have different tendencies towards gaining weight, and once someone is fat, there are a number of biological factors that make it ridiculously difficult for them to lose weight on any sort of long term basis.

  2. #1422
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bossville

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    I haven't been to this thread in a few days, and it looks like I was missing the fun.

  3. #1423
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maryland

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    In fairness, different people have different tendencies towards gaining weight, and once someone is fat, there are a number of biological factors that make it ridiculously difficult for them to lose weight on any sort of long term basis.
    Don't even try to argue with him about nutrition, he has no idea the f`uck he's talking about and has watched too many protein shake videos. He had to ignore list me because he had no method to contradict true facts on the subject

  4. #1424

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    In fairness, different people have different tendencies towards gaining weight, and once someone is fat, there are a number of biological factors that make it ridiculously difficult for them to lose weight on any sort of long term basis.
    I wouldn't say ridiculously difficult. It is hard, but so is getting a PhD or learning a new language. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

  5. #1425

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    I wouldn't say ridiculously difficult. It is hard, but so is getting a PhD or learning a new language. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
    Even if someone works hard and tries to eat right, once you've gained fat cells you can't really lose them naturally. ANd empty fat cells want to be filled. So the brain is constantly bombarded with signals telling them they're hungry and that they need more food, even though they don't, because the body has already adapted to a much larger diet. It isn't impossible, but the fact is that the vast majority of people who have used weight loss programs to get back to a healthy weight are not able to maintain said weight and not for a lack of trying

  6. #1426
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Turkish Republic

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    But even so, like I stated, the fruit wouldn't help him out AT ALL. Turning yourself intangible won't make your kicks harder, and you know how long it took Luffy to be able to use his devil fruit functionally? Gimme one good way the Mera Mera would actually 'power' Sanji up. He wouldn't be hotter is passion is already that hot, it wouldn't improve the fighting style he's had and trained with for years at all, and he'd have no idea how to use it if he just got in a situation where he's already in trouble of dying. The only possible thing Sanji would have going for him with the Mera Mera is...he'd look cooler.
    He can use blue flames which is hotter , his DJ will also be hotter , he can throw suns to people or burn down islands , logia defence , having a body of flame will make him more durable to heat etc...

    I can see lots of benefits here so why not , shuusui also doesnt make zoro so much stronger but he still runs after it doesnt he .

  7. #1427
    a Shichibukai candidate Jyuunishinshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Days of Future Past

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Being fat is a fate!

    Last edited by Jyuunishinshou; March 29th, 2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: ps: read the white text :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelоk View Post
    Are you reading some other version of One Piece?

  8. #1428

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Even if someone works hard and tries to eat right, once you've gained fat cells you can't really lose them naturally. ANd empty fat cells want to be filled. So the brain is constantly bombarded with signals telling them they're hungry and that they need more food, even though they don't, because the body has already adapted to a much larger diet. It isn't impossible, but the fact is that the vast majority of people who have used weight loss programs to get back to a healthy weight are not able to maintain said weight and not for a lack of trying
    They are not able to maintain said weight mainly because they stop eating properly once they are finished with the diet. If the weight loss is done correctly and the person doesn't go back to eating junk there shouldn't be a weight gain. And most people are fat and sick because they eat heavily processed food and way too much sugar.

  9. #1429
    Sweet Christmas Blowfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Castle Black

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    But even so, like I stated, the fruit wouldn't help him out AT ALL. Turning yourself intangible won't make your kicks harder, and you know how long it took Luffy to be able to use his devil fruit functionally? Gimme one good way the Mera Mera would actually 'power' Sanji up. He wouldn't be hotter is passion is already that hot, it wouldn't improve the fighting style he's had and trained with for years at all, and he'd have no idea how to use it if he just got in a situation where he's already in trouble of dying. The only possible thing Sanji would have going for him with the Mera Mera is...he'd look cooler.
    Says you and everyone else who magically knows how Oda would develop a Logia Sanji right?

    The fact is none of us know how his abilities would be effective in a Logia state , which is why I stopped arguing about it.
    BUT what I do know and is obvious since he started doing it , is Sanji uses Heat/Fire to enhance the attack/power of his kicks,
    which would obviously be enhanced by the fruit..The Intangibility would just serve to boost his defense.


    If you're gonna tell me now that Sanji's passion burns hotter than the Mera Mera's flame then idk if we should continue this discussion.

    Personally I think Sanji is different from Luffy's case or any df user for that matter since he already uses Fire as his Weapon.
    I'm fully aware he would have to refine these abilities , but I'm of the opinion that it's one of the appealing parts of him eating it: Developing df user.

    "The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

  10. #1430
    Future good poster NER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Saudi Arabia

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    I see stuff about Sanji eating or not eating the fruit EVERYWHERE. ;-;

    ONLY SABO CAN SAVE US.

    COME AND EAT THE GODDAMNNED FRUIT ALREADY //joke

  11. #1431

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyuunishinshou View Post
    This picture is so old.

  12. #1432
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Turkish Republic

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    If you dont want to be fat eat oatmeal and drink apple vinegar i can assure you can loose weight so fast and not gain it soon .

  13. #1433

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjitr View Post
    If you dont want to be fat eat oak meal and drink apple vinegar i can assure you can loose weight so fast and not gain it soon .
    Someone might believe you.

  14. #1434
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Squawk

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Oh of course. But the same is absolutely true for intelligence, skill, and basically any other trait you can think of. Rich kids will do better academically because their parents can afford the best schools, the best teachers, the best supplies, and so on. On the other hand, poor kids generally have harder home situations, worse schools, schools that are specifically designed to put them in suboordinate positions and promote traits like obedience to authority while restricting creativity.
    That's what I'm saying, though.

    Cases where intelligence is biologically determined, DO exist. Down's syndrome is an example. But intelligence is, on the whole, socially determined. Most likely, your class and race have intersected to either destroy or preserve your educational opportunities. The city mouse and the country mouse were not born with their respective skills, they were shaped by their respective environments, for better OR worse.

    I know that I'm more of a social construction theorist than most people might agree with, but I really dislike biological essentialism when it's used to explain or justify behaviors, especially oppressive behaviors. I fully admit that I'm still trying to solve these questions myself, and that the human brain is more complex than anyone could ever fathom. Ironically, it's my own fucked-up brain and the identity it spewed into existence, that usually throw a wrench in my constructionist views. :P

    And on Asperger's syndrome,
    people with Asperger's are known for hyperfocusing on a specific set of skills, usually to the detriment of social interaction with others.
    This is why I insinuated that Aspies are more intelligent than most people, but they could also be hyperfocused on art, for example.

  15. #1435
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ah dinnae ken

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjitr View Post
    He can use blue flames which is hotter , his DJ will also be hotter , he can throw suns to people or burn down islands , logia defence , having a body of flame will make him more durable to heat etc...

    I can see lots of benefits here so why not , shuusui also doesnt make zoro so much stronger but he still runs after it doesnt he .
    ...blue flames? Really, that all you got for me when Sanji has already been using WHITE flames? Least that's how his Diable Jambe has been colored. Point is it's already close enough, blue flames would only be a visual thing by this point. how does Mera Mera make Diable Jambe hotter? He already incases his leg with very intense heat, he picks up the fruit and it'll just be...intenser? "He can throw suns to people or burn down islands"...do you know the character we're talking about here? The curly chef guy who's a physical fighter, uses his legs, good guy with no reason to burn down an island? Logia defense, because Haki isn't a thing. More durable to heat? Dude he wraps his body in fire already, without any harm at all.

    You're wrong on this count as well, Shuusui IS a stronger sword which Zoro admitted himself. It's heavier for one, and brought forth a stronger pound huo when Zoro used it against Orz. It's a legendary sword for a reason, and Zoro has always cared about his sword, why would he NOT chase after one that was stolen?

  16. #1436
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Turkish Republic

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    Someone might believe you.
    lol it was oatmeal and apple vinegar i wrote wrong , seriously i was in a really bad shape but these two things helped me with no exercize at all , drink half a glass of apple vinegar and eat oat eal in dinners but you need to stop eating after 9pm and you will only eat 2 meals a day . Soon you will see the results .

  17. #1437
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjitr View Post
    Womens are much more cruel to each other then men can ever be to them belive me , i am talking from my wast life experience .

    What about rape?

    I dont buy this feminism shit since i never saw a feminist who lets his husband do the housework while they go to work everyday , women want man to love them for their mind then why cosmetic firms are that rich . No one is being honnest here this is all bullshit .
    I've seen it. You've never encountered or heard of a stay at home dad?

  18. #1438

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjitr View Post
    lol it was oatmeal and apple vinegar i wrote wrong , seriously i was in a really bad shape but these two things helped me with no exercize at all , drink half a glass of apple vinegar and eat oat eal in dinners but you need to stop eating after 9pm and you will only eat 2 meals a day . Soon you will see the results .
    I don't want to see these results. And stop, your "advice" is just awful.

    And BTW if intelligence is socially determined, then so is beauty.

  19. #1439

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Wow guys. Nobody cares about fat people, stupid people, ugly people, or women. Just Sanji's inevitable ascension to destroying the story with his new mera mera powers.

  20. #1440

    Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

    Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    Logia defense, because Haki isn't a thing.
    Haki doesn't make intangibility useless.
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts