+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2088

Thread: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

Default Re: One Piece 703: Waiting Room

Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post

You're right , who the hell does need it?

When any human being can burst into flames and gain Fire Abilities.

It's useless.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Looks like someone hasn't been to the Mera Mera thread.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    Suddenly treating pretty women differently is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Beauty is different than qualifications and skills. Many of those beautiful women in OP (save for Alvida) are BORN that way, there is no way Lola could ever look pretty, no matter how much she diets ect. But for skills and intelligence, that is hard work. So they are not the same. Sanji was very rude to Kokoro due to her being an "ugly old woman". So his "respect and good manners to Women" are very limited. I don't call him a misogynist, since its not all women, but he does act chauvinistic due to how he acts depends totally on how a woman looks. But despite this flaw, I still accept Sanji as a character and do not call him useless. Heck its flaws that makes characters more interesting and not 1 dimensional .... They are annoying but interesting.
    But a lot of Sanji's behavior towards women is not restricted to pretty women. He refusal to hit women has been demonstrated to extyend towards all women, pretty or ugly. Sanji's a perverted ball of lust, and he clearly likes attractive women, but that doesn't mean he doesn't value other traits women have (He pretty much constantly praises Nami whenever she does anything intelligent for example). Also, intelligence and skills aren't entirely hard work. Talent is a real thing, especially as far as intelligence is concerned. Not everybody can be a world renowned physicist, regardless of how hard they work. Hard work is certainly important, but it still relies on a solid foundation of talent.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Superficially speaking, Sanji should be regarded as the opposite of misogynistic, namely philogynistic (i hope you can say that). The thing is, that only applies to beautiful women which is the first degrading point. So, it is not his love for women which dictates his behavior but his love for beautiful women which is already sexist in itself. So, his love for beautiful women can be explained by 2 things: 1) he is a fanatic for aesthetics and 2.) he is sexually interested which is already supported by his perverted behavior. Since the second option seems much more viable than the first and has even started to determine his subconscious behavior, that has one consequence, his behavior towards women in general is influenced by his sexual interest in them which in turn is an objectification which is never philogynistic, no matter on what pedestal he might put beautiful women.
    I'll admit Sanji treats pretty girls better than ugly ones, but he still usually treats the ugly ones with a certain level of respect beyond how he treats men. Case in point is that his refusal to hit women extended to all women, ugly and pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Beauty is different than qualifications and skills. Many of those beautiful women in OP (save for Alvida) are BORN that way, there is no way Lola could ever look pretty, no matter how much she diets ect. But for skills and intelligence, that is hard work. So they are not the same. Sanji was very rude to Kokoro due to her being an "ugly old woman". So his "respect and good manners to Women" are very limited. I don't call him a misogynist, since its not all women, but he does act chauvinistic due to how he acts depends totally on how a woman looks. But despite this flaw, I still accept Sanji as a character and do not call him useless. Heck its flaws that makes characters more interesting and not 1 dimensional .... They are annoying but interesting.
    Beauty and intelligence are the same actually. Both of them require work.

Sanji being rude to Kokoro was a joke, even Luffy and Zoro did it, even if they are asexual.

And btw learn the definition of "chauvinistic" because you look stupid when you use it inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Superficially speaking, Sanji should be regarded as the opposite of misogynistic, namely philogynistic (i hope you can say that). The thing is, that only applies to beautiful women which is the first degrading point. So, it is not his love for women which dictates his behavior but his love for beautiful women which is already sexist in itself. So, his love for beautiful women can be explained by 2 things: 1) he is a fanatic for aesthetics and 2.) he is sexually interested which is already supported by his perverted behavior. Since the second option seems much more viable than the first and has even started to determine his subconscious behavior, that has one consequence, his behavior towards women in general is influenced by his sexual interest in them which in turn is an objectification which is never philogynistic, no matter on what pedestal he might put beautiful women.
    This is unfair. You never heard us complain about objectification of man. And it sounds to me like this is just a mere product of jealousy towards both man and woman.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Even if you don't realise it, there is no person to treat everyone exactly the same way.

EVERYBODY HERE IS WRONG! Vivi is gonna eat the Mera Mera Fruit

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    Why does most of the fanbase dread someone actually relevant to the story eating the Mera Mera?

Coby doesn't count for now, just because he's not around.

If Coby dropped from the heavens and ate this fruit , idk how I'd react.
    Maybe because Sanji's already established without suddenly getting a devil fruit out of nowhere that he doesn't even need? He already used fire, because of how 'passionate' he is. The devil fruit will add absolutely nothing to his fighting style, he can turn his leg to fire entirely, sure, but you can't kick forcibly if your leg is intangible. He's strong enough already, I don't get people suddenly coming up with him being weak now, when he's hardly gotten to show off. you really think he couldn't go toe to toe with Zoro anymore? If he's suddenly able to throw fire around everywhere, that has nothing to do with any of his training whatsoever. Besides, I want a new person to get it, probably with a gag of them trying to learn it.

Aside, aside from that even! Sanji himself said he would only consider eating one fruit. That fruit is not the Mera Mera No Mi. Why are you supporters thinking he'll go against his own words?

Quote Originally Posted by Стрелок View Post
    Beauty and intelligence are the same actually. Both of them require work.
    I see no reason to continue this pisspoor excuse for a conversation with you, after this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by DancoDave View Post
    EVERYBODY HERE IS WRONG! Vivi is gonna eat the Mera Mera Fruit

16 characters, of Ha.

Someone here mentioned that bad things happening to one piece characters before good things happens so i really wonder if sanji is also in that pattern since oda destroyed him after thriller bark , maybe dressrosa is his lucky island where he will get a good logia , beatiful girl , cool bounty poster and high bounty etc...

Its sanjis time to shine that guy has suffered enough no matter how you look at it also i would be happy if oda humiliates zoro in wano since nothing really bad happening to him annoys me as hell , he should suffer more :)

I see no reason to continue this pisspoor excuse for a conversation with you, after this gem.
    He's not entirely wrong though. Natural beauties exist just as naturally intelligent people do, but most people who are considered as such in either DO work at it. Yes, someone born horribly deformed will probably (Because nwadays even that's more suspect due to stuff like plastic surgery) never be considered beautiful, but someone born with severe mental disabilties that impair intelligence will probably never be considered smart either. If anything, its a lot easier to change your appearance than it is to change one's intelligence. And upon further thinking, I think its more appropriate to call Sanji incredibly shallow rather than super sexist anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Jackermeister View Post
    Looks like someone hasn't been to the Mera Mera thread.
    I guess I haven't..
    Chaos threads don't quite suit me.

Because you have nothing to say? It's okay, not everyone is born smart. Just like not everyone is born pretty. But in any case, people should try to be better in every area of their lives.

I guess I haven't..
    Chaos threads don't quite suit me. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2310/82762796.png
    Then what are you doing in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    This is unfair. You never heard us complain about objectification of man. And it sounds to me like this is just a mere product of jealousy towards both man and woman.
    I am not even complaining, i was simply explaining Sanji´s behavior. I just secretly hate him for his behavior and of course you can complain about the objectification of man. Btw, i am not a woman if you think that

Don´t worry, this is the last post on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    He's not entirely wrong though. Natural beauties exist just as naturally intelligent people do, but most people who are considered as such in either DO work at it. Yes, someone born horribly deformed will probably (Because nwadays even that's more suspect due to stuff like plastic surgery) never be considered beautiful, but someone born with severe mental disabilties that impair intelligence will probably never be considered smart either. If anything, its a lot easier to change your appearance than it is to change one's intelligence. And upon further thinking, I think its more appropriate to call Sanji incredibly shallow rather than super sexist anyways
    So I guess ugly women just didn't work hard enough, right?

So I guess ugly women just didn't work hard enough, right?
    So I guess stupid people just didn't work hard enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    Aside, aside from that even! Sanji himself said he would only consider eating one fruit. That fruit is not the Mera Mera No Mi. Why are you supporters thinking he'll go against his own words?
    Forgive me for not replying to the first part but all of that has been discussed to death in the Mera Mera fruit thread, but what I will say to you about Sanji, is that he has yet to have a big sacrificing moment like Zoro did during Thriller Bark, where he essentially puts aside his dreams for Luffy's sake.

Not saying ALL of the crew needs a moment like this , but if you read Sanji's own dialogue during that moment, it makes perfect sense he would be a person to do it.

Btw most of us Mera Mera supporters Accept that he may not desire the fruit at all.

Why does that rule out accidental or forceful consumption?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information