Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The blood of D.

Default The blood of D.

Or the resistance to deal with 2 (or more) devil's fruits at the time, perhaps.
    With the last 2 chapter I totally see Luffy grabbing and eating the mera mera to remove it from the face of the grand line.

I see this coming and I totally hope it won't be the case since I fear this would start a power creep.
    Proud Kintama Owner

Default Re: The blood of D.

No, it won't happen. Oda is too god for this shit

Default Re: The will of D.

No-one has successfully eaten two before BB.

Luffy won't eat the fruit because it would go against this statement from Oda in Volume 66's SBS:
    D: In the ONE PIECE of these days, all kinds of strong ability users whom even Luffy can't compete with have been appearing, one after the other. In general manga and anime, I feel that the protagonist is established to be the strongest of all, but why did you decide to turn Luffy into a pretty weak-looking rubber Devil Fruit user? P.N. Do your best Japan
    O: Ahaha, that is true. It must seem like a mystery when you consider all the other strong and cool abilities. The answer is simple. I have picked the most ridiculous ability. If the protagonist were the typical strong guy, I doubt I could continue on with this for long. No matter how serious the story gets, Luffy is there to stretch and inflate. He always give me a chance to fool around. That's the kind of manga I wanted to write.

The will of D. has nothing to do with eating 2 DF, its about having a special role in OP history (present, past or future). So even if eating 2 DF makes him have his place in OP history books, its not because of the D. (oh god this is sounding so wrong) but is a consequence of it. And come on guys, what is so good about having an super-overpowered Luffy? Bleach did it to ichigo and look what happened..

I think all the people with D are descendents of the ancient kingdom.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

I don't want to be harsh against anyone but stop talking bulls**t just for the sake of "Luffy will eat the Mera Mera"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

This thread is an insult to Oda.

Discovered Stowaway

luffy, sanji or any current strawhat eating the mera-mera fruit is seriously a bad idea.

It is a bad idea, and that's why I fear it.
    Proud Kintama Owner

This seems about as likely as Sanji getting a girlfriend. I have enough faith in Oda to believe that he wouldn't do something this stupid.

Thread should have ended at Kingdomkey's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    Luffy won't eat the fruit because it would go against this statement from Oda in Volume 66's SBS:
    Um...couldn't Luffy still strength, just while on fire, if he were to get the fruit? I don't feel this statement is what invalidates this idea. Any other statement, I dunno. This one just has a few obvious flaws.

Getting a fire logia wouldn't even give Luffy an advantage, at least against the guys he doesn't already have an advantage against. Not at this point of the story, where a ton of dudes can belt a logia and break Luffy's rubber defense with the same technique. Blackbeard has Whitebeard's ability, and he wiped the floor with Ace on a daily basis. Akainu beat both Luffy and Ace in their last encounter. If Luffy were to gain Ace's DF somehow, perhaps after he beats any enemy you can think of that can't beat Ace, he'd still struggle against the top powers of the world.

Default Re: The will of D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackermeister View Post
    No-one has successfully eaten two before BB.
    IMO, incorrect.

It wasn't shown but what i do think happened was BB absorbed WB fruit's ability via his own and that's not the same thing as eating said fruit even though the end result could be (seems to be) the same.
    HTC - Hoje Tive C

This is a good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    This is a good thread.

Common guys, D stands for Double, i.e. Double fruit user. The WILL of the D lets them overcome the one devil fruit limit.

I've revealed the secrets for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    Common guys, D stands for Double, i.e. Double fruit user. The WILL of the D lets them overcome the one devil fruit limit.

I've revealed the secrets for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Isn't there a thread for this?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=13350
    post in there...in there.

the answer is vintage meme zachri's Avatar

I saw the title of this thread and thought 'In da hood they be wanting the D'
    I need more sleep.

#SWAGLETON

Thread Information