+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

Default How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

Eventually, One Piece is gonna have a live action film.

Imagine every possible way Hollywood is gonna eventually screw it up because they are Hollywood and hoping for a good One Piece film is delusional.

Unleash yourselves.

Default Re: How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

There you have it

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

I've been writing and planning an OP live action film for years. If I'm gonna be in the business, I at least want to be the one to have my hands on One Piece if the worst does come to pass. I don't think a Hollywood OP film will be BAD, per se. It's going to be different though. There is no escaping that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post

There you have it
    When I first saw Copper. Hahahaha.. and then when I saw Luffy... LOLOLOLOOL

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Get Shia Labeouf to play Luffy.

Then you'll have a grade-A turd film on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Get Shia Labeouf to play Luffy.

Then you'll have a grade-A turd film on your hands.
    I did not have to torture myself through the transformers flicks. How the heck did they make a billion revenue out of this turd ? Has the world gone so stupid that it begs for a new world war ?
    I only saw Shia in Indiana Jones and I thought he did an ok job and it depends on the director and the quality of the script.

I imagine that they would call it "One Piece Revolution" and its gonna look like a mix of

this

Except its Luffy played by Ben Stiller wearing a reverse cap in a yatch with bad rap.

This

The ost might look something like this.

And Usopp will be played by Ken Jeong.

perfect 100% ultimate dream casting coming through
    this is for the adaption of the Eines Lobby arc

Luffy - Nicholas Cage
    Zoro - Samuel L. Jackson
    Nami - Rihanna
    Usopp - Andy Samberg
    Sanji - Leonardo DeCaprio
    Chopper - mo-cap from Andy Serkis, voice from Matthew Broderick
    Robin - Kim Kardashian
    Franky - Jim Carey

Spandam - Adam Sandler
    Rob Lucci - Keanu Reeves
    Kaku - Neil Patrick Harris
    Jyabura - Tony Jaa
    Kumadori - John Belushi
    Fukurou - Danny DeVito
    Kalifa - Sarah Jessica Parker
    Blueno - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Aokiji - Christopher Walken
    Child Robin - Dakota Fanning
    Jaguar D. Saul - mo-cap from John Travolta, voice from James Earl Jones
    Nico Olivia - Meryl Streep
    Clover - Morgan Freeman

lol wut? why would they make an OP live movie? 0_o

I just don't understand why every anime/manga series thats adapted into a live action movie, just always SUCKS. Look at Dragonball Evolution for example, my god. Hope Hollywood doesn't harm One Piece...

The only way an One Piece live movie could be any good would be if a hardcore fan was the Director

Like The Lord of the Rings franchise, Peter Jackson loves the story line so much that he put great care into it, he carefully planned every detail.
    Granted there's still people that critizise him and some rabid hardcore fans that see every little thing that is different from the original book

But no one can argue that the end result is High Quality. Superb actors, great Photography, even the props.

So I think the only way a one piece movie would be good would be if a hardcore fan was directing it.

No studio should ever make a live action anime. It never works.

Aeon Flux - Terrible.
    Some random Gundam move I saw - Horrendous.
    Tekken (although it's a game)- Let me go kick everyone involved in that movie in the balls.
    DBZ - I didn't even watch it because from the trailer alone nothing was accurate.
    Cowboy Bebop - It'll fail.
    Avatar TLAB- Haven't seen it but I will to see just how bad it was.
    Akira - Will fail.
    Death Note - I don't know why people liked it so much, it was so cruddy looking.
    Evangelion - Hah.

One Piece to be even remotely not laughable with have to have so much money and a super dedicated fan director and no producers to make it work.

General reply

The thing is that Hollywood just wants to makes easy money in the short run with a low budget and just using the name of the franchise. That's how they operate because they lack vision. I know damn well that they are gonna eff up the Metal gear movie adaptation and contradict everything about its story (games are considered inferior but its story was literally ahead of its time) . Isn't that comical that Clooney says that they are ahead of the curve but totally despise the culture of other countries

You definetely need a dedicated, fan and great director to make it work.

I don't know, it's true that they're in it to make money but I'd argue that they tend to pick fans to work on a lot of the movies they do. You get some pretty dedicated directors and producers, which is why you get films like Avatar (which, despite the simple/sorta predictable plot) are rich with detail. You can tell how much passion went into it.

But yeah, I don't want to see a live action One Piece movie haha. Not until we get some godly CGI.

Edit: And holy sh*t! That Naruto video is awesome :D
    Last edited by hallowedthings; April 12th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    No studio should ever make a live action anime. It never works.

Aeon Flux - Terrible.
    Some random Gundam move I saw - Horrendous.
    Tekken (although it's a game)- Let me go kick everyone involved in that movie in the balls.
    DBZ - I didn't even watch it because from the trailer alone nothing was accurate.
    Cowboy Bebop - It'll fail.
    Avatar TLAB- Haven't seen it but I will to see just how bad it was.
    Akira - Will fail.
    Death Note - I don't know why people liked it so much, it was so cruddy looking.
    Evangelion - Hah.

One Piece to be even remotely not laughable with have to have so much money and a super dedicated fan director and no producers to make it work.
    It wouldn't be good at all unless a fan is the director as someone stated or if Oda directed the movie himself. as for your list of movies. I just recently saw DBZ with friend's, with the mindset it was going to suck. It fell below those standards. It was absolutely. ABSOLUTELY. Terrible.

Luffy - Nicholas Cage
    Zoro - Samuel L. Jackson
    Nami - Rihanna
    Usopp - Andy Samberg
    Sanji - Leonardo DeCaprio
    Chopper - mo-cap from Andy Serkis, voice from Matthew Broderick
    Robin - Kim Kardashian
    Franky - Jim Carey

Spandam - Adam Sandler
    Rob Lucci - Keanu Reeves
    Kaku - Neil Patrick Harris
    Jyabura - Tony Jaa
    Kumadori - John Belushi
    Fukurou - Danny DeVito
    Kalifa - Sarah Jessica Parker
    Blueno - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Aokiji - Christopher Walken
    Child Robin - Dakota Fanning
    Jaguar D. Saul - mo-cap from John Travolta, voice from James Earl Jones
    Nico Olivia - Meryl Streep
    Clover - Morgan Freeman

the funny thing is some of these would actually work.

No to:

Nicholas Cage - no for playing luffy
    Kim Kardashian - not an actress, doesn't belong on big screen....any screen for that matter
    Rhianna - cannot see her as nami
    Samuel L. Jackson - can't see him as zoro

Luffy - Not sure.
    Nico Robin - Kate Beckinsale? (Babe)
    Nami- Christina Hendricks (Red-Headed Babe)
    Zoro- Jet Li, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hardy maybe? (spit balled this one)

Liam Neeson would play a helluva Silvers Rayleigh
    Dolph Lundgren Whitebeard, but he's not in shape now

Last edited by White Beard; July 5th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

I don't believe in a live action One Piece film (or a live action film for most manga) because the artistic style so important to our experience of the manga can't be replicated through real humans as good as it is by its Oda or whoever drew it.

The only live-action Anime project I have any hope for is Cowboy Bebop. Everything about the show style and characters seems translatable if they cast right.

Although I do agree, they shouldn't make it a live action, if they did I would maybe go see it, but I agree with you completely about the artistic style and value.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    perfect 100% ultimate dream casting coming throughthis is for the adaption of the Eines Lobby arcLuffy - Nicholas CageZoro - Samuel L. JacksonNami - RihannaUsopp - Andy SambergSanji - Leonardo DeCaprioChopper - mo-cap from Andy Serkis, voice from Matthew Broderick Robin - Kim KardashianFranky - Jim CareySpandam - Adam SandlerRob Lucci - Keanu ReevesKaku - Neil Patrick HarrisJyabura - Tony JaaKumadori - John BelushiFukurou - Danny DeVitoKalifa - Sarah Jessica ParkerBlueno - Dwayne "The Rock" JohnsonAokiji - Christopher WalkenChild Robin - Dakota FanningJaguar D. Saul - mo-cap from John Travolta, voice from James Earl JonesNico Olivia - Meryl StreepClover - Morgan Freeman
    Actually, I think Jim Carrey would make a better Ussop. Also, I bet an aged-up Demi Lovato(In stage makeup/special effects makeup/whatever it's called this week) would be a much better Robin than Kim Kardashian.
    Still wondering when Chopper will get round to fixing Luffy's X-Scar.

I hope this isn't taken too seriously... Here goes...

Luffy - Joe Gordon Levitt
    Zoro - Ryan Gosling
    Nami - Emma Stone
    Usopp - Andy Samberg
    Sanji - Justin Timberlake
    Chopper (voice) - Nancy Cartwright
    Nico Robin - Emmanuel Chriqui
    Franky - Jim Carey
    Brook - Bill Nighy

Shit, I didn't even remember writing that. But yeah, besides such a film just not being artistically feasible, Hollywood isn't going to touch One Piece. It's not popular enough in the U.S., and DBE's failure will keep most battle manga from being adapted for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Shit, I didn't even remember writing that. But yeah, besides such a film just not being artistically feasible, Hollywood isn't going to touch One Piece. It's not popular enough in the U.S., and DBE's failure will keep most battle manga from being adapted for a long time.
    lol... You wish. Bleach live action is already confirmed for 2014 release, though they may push it back a year. Japan is doing Attack on Titan, and I've even heard rumors of Naruto (rumors abound that M.Night is at the helm and Shia is going to play Naruto (God help us all)), Death Note (Again, god help us, Zach Effron is rumored to be cast as light, and the Shinigami might be cut from the plot altogether), and Code Geass getting Hollywood adaptations. I ALSO heard that after Age of Extinction, Michael Bay will be taking the reins of a DBZ reboot, the first installment of a trilogy (These may all be internet bullsh*t, though (However, MB might just be the perfect fit for a DBZ movie. His humor and love of explosions may have finally found a use)).

Beyond that, here's my two cents about the changes we can expect if One Piece ever shakes the damage 4Kids did to it's image in NA:

- East Blue is too all over the place to make a movie, so they'll skip ahead to Alabasta, also skipping over most of the character's back-stories.
    - No colored hair. Zoro and Vivi will be blonde.
    - Chopper will be cut from the movie completely, and if he does appear it will be sparingly and only for the occasional reindeer sh*t joke.
    - Zoro will only use two swords.
    - Instead of literal hands, Robin's power will just rip-off the Force.
    - Luffy will defeat Crocodile with Gear Second.
    - Luffy's rubber power will still protect him from bullets and stuff, but he won't actually ever stretch in the movie.
    - Samuel L. Jackson will be cast as Crocodile, because why the hell not!? People love SLJ, right?
    - There will be a romantic sub-plot between Luffy and Nami. Maybe even a love-triangle with Vivi thrown in there.

I could keep going, but I think you get the idea. That's pretty much what we could expect from a Hollywood One Piece, only even more horrible, because movie exec's "know" what we "want" to see. Honestly, I think pretty much any anime fan could write a better live-action adaptation of an anime than anyone in Hollywood.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information