+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

Default Re: How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post

There you have it
    ahahahaha NO, it's Damn Shit.

If they put Vin Diesel or anyone from the High School Musical cast in it, that'll pretty much ruin it for me. I think the notion "if the film comes attached with a dedicated fan the film will be great" is not necessarily true. The Akira film was Directed by the its Author and it gets negative flack from some fans. Comic book fans are notoriously hard to please.

Hmm. I wouldn't be too sure about the "No anime adaptation will ever be done right" argument, Rurouni Kenshin's live action is actually good. It's a decent standalone movie, but if ure a fan of the manga it becomes a good movie (actually, considering other live actions, it's the best u'll find)

With the right cast and director, any movie can work. A One Piece live-action film would be no exception. If the director knew the source material, it could be perfect. I think that a live action One Piece would be better suited to a television series, but that'd be pretty stupid, adpating an anime into a tv show.

I am actually really excited for the Death Note movie being released, as Shane Black is a huge Death Note fan. The studio wanted to remove Shinigami, change Light's name to Luke and even make it about revenge, but Shane Black said no to all of these. He is going to follow the original story with it's intentions, or not at all. I can only hope they'll show One Piece this treatment. The casting of Zac Effron is actually pretty good. He is an amazing actor (outside of High School Musical), and can pull off serious roles.

This is an old casting list I made before I really knew the characters and before I met Robin, Franky and Brook.

Luffy: Brandon Soo Hoo
    Nami: Jane Levy
    Sanji: Tom Felton
    Usopp: Paul Iacono
    Zoro: Jon Foo
    Chopper (voice): Tara Strong
    Robin: Maggie Q
    Franky: Karl Urban
    Brook: Jared Padalecki

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    With the right cast and director, any movie can work. A One Piece live-action film would be no exception. If the director knew the source material, it could be perfect. I think that a live action One Piece would be better suited to a television series, but that'd be pretty stupid, adpating an anime into a tv show.

I am actually really excited for the Death Note movie being released, as Shane Black is a huge Death Note fan. The studio wanted to remove Shinigami, change Light's name to Luke and even make it about revenge, but Shane Black said no to all of these. He is going to follow the original story with it's intentions, or not at all. I can only hope they'll show One Piece this treatment. The casting of Zac Effron is actually pretty good. He is an amazing actor (outside of High School Musical), and can pull off serious roles.
    Right cast and director maybe, but it always comes down to the producers though. They're backing it and can make any changes as they wish. As you can imagine if they don't care about the source material then we get duds like Dragonball Evolution. I'm still curious how accurate the original script was before it was re-written.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

How Hollywood is gonna make One Piece "better"

It won't.
    I can't stop laughing with this trailer, dammit.
    Hollywood is always trying to make foreign adaptations look like THEY had the great idea of doing it, like if their version is better. They put good actors and actresses and famous directors and producers names to make it so amazing and in the end it isn't. It is a great bait for innocent fools.

This is great. I couldn't stop laughing once I reached Luffy's part.

In all honesty, if a series like this would ever be adapted for a live action movie, I think the key would be to not stay faithful to the original, but to reimagine it as something different. Still, how they would animate Luffy's powers without it looking ridiculous is beyond me. I'd watch an adaption no matter how bad it is, if only to see how they decided to go about it.

Other characters could look amazing however. Just imagine Lucci or Robin done right.
    Or Buggy, good grief.

I would honestly love to see Michael Bay trying to do a One Piece movie. I know it's gonna be dreadful, but it would be hilarious for the simple fact that they share many things, including attractive females with indestructible makeup, chaotic fightscenes, government conspiracies goofy humor and spectacular visuals. The only thing that's missing from One Piece is Linkin Park soundtracks, racial stereotypes and making everything overthetop and terrible. Which is something Bay would certainly not fail us with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameswuds View Post
    I would honestly love to see Michael Bay trying to do a One Piece movie. I know it's gonna be dreadful, but it would be hilarious for the simple fact that they share many things, including attractive females with indestructible makeup, chaotic fightscenes, government conspiracies goofy humor and spectacular visuals. The only thing that's missing from One Piece is Linkin Park soundtracks, racial stereotypes and making everything overthetop and terrible. Which is something Bay would certainly not fail us with.
    You also forgot about the explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    You also forgot about the explosions.

I should totat have known better. That is Bay's trademark after all

On another thought, I was wondering what other manga out there would possibly work, and what wouldn't,
    and came to the conclusion that of all things, wouldn't Fairy Tail actually make a descent movie?
    The cast is already saturated with pretty boys and sexy girls, the action is largely dependent on magic and regular fighting, the story is pretty straightforward and easy to understand, plus it got dragons and many western elements. The world was never explained all that much, so there's very little they could get wrong. If they followed an early arc before the series started to go downhill, it could actually be pretty good. Or it could be the worst movie of the decade, but somehow i get the feeling that if they do screw up, it'll just be an accurate depiction of the later FT arcs.

Similarly, if you got someone with the same budget and dedication as the guys who made the lord of the rings, something like The Seven Deadly sins could become pretty epic.

On the other hand, Hollywood should never, EVER get their hands on Assassination Classroom. The ways they could ruin Korosensei are infinite.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information