+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is Coming Back!

Default Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is Coming Back!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/cw-b...tyler-to-host/

I need help reacting to this: my emotions went from happy to "oh" to "uh-oh:" Aisha Tyler will be the host.

I'm excited, but it can in no way be the same show without Drew.
    Last edited by Nex; March 1st, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is Coming Back! Without Drew Carey....

Yes!! Yes!! Yes! Aisha Tyler is awesome on Archer, so she should be great on this. I hope Colin, and Ryan will be returning for this.

Well, I'm certainly happy to see that the show is coming back, but yeah, it won't be quite the same without Drew. I'll definitely be checking it out though.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Yes!! Yes!! Yes! Aisha Tyler is awesome on Archer, so she should be great on this.
    Did you see her performance hosting Ubisoft's conference at E3 last year? She doesn't inspire much confidence.

I actually enjoyed the show much more when it was hosted by Clive Anderson so I'm rather indifferent to Drew Carey not being host.

Drew was the dead weight on the show anyway, he wasn't very funny and the skits he got in on usually weren't very good and were carried by the others. (The british version where Clive Anderson hosted was generally better, since he played the straight man. Also, it had Tony, Josie, Greg, Stephen, and Mike, as well as Ryan and Colin obviously, plus a ton of others... and rotated the group more.)

Long as it has Ryan and Colin, with the ocassionaly random other old caster its fine. (And the article says it does).

At the same time, it also shouldn't be Ryan, Colin, and Wayne EVERY episode again, that got tedious eventually... particularly since Wayne sat everything out and just came on to do music numbers... which he was great at granted, but the same three people EVERY time (and only two others rotating the last slot usually) got old. But it sounds like all three of them are going to be permanent with only one rotating member. That could get old.

Regardless, the show was as good as it was because the gang had years of practice, familiarity and chemistry together, and those three are all good at it... just.. .only one rotator? Hrm.

Also.
    http://whoselineonline.org/

Every episode of both versions of the show. Skip the first season of the british, they didn't know what they were doing yet.

Fun fact. The ABC show only filmed FIVE seasons. But due to the way the show is made (where they do live rounds for two or three hours and then pick and choose the material for broadcast) they had enough footage to extend it to EIGHT seasons even after filming ended.
    Last edited by Robby; March 2nd, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yeah, I'm fine without Drew. I mean, the only fun thing about him was when everyone else made fun of him, he was worthless when he was in skits.

It's gonna be weird watching this now, seeing as how it's been a couple of years and they're obviously much older. For some reason I've never watched either Ryan or Colin in anything other than Whose Line, so I guess I'm in for a bit of a shock. But I'm glad they're doing it now, instead of another 10 years with completely new performers.

Default Re: Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is Coming Back!

Drew got a lot better at his improv. If you watched his "Improvaganza" from a couple years ago you can really see that.

Didn't watch Improvaganza actually, since I heard rather bad things about it. But it has most of the old cast, so I should give it a watch sometimes.

Aisha Tyler isn't funny... at all. Sad tho, I always loved Who's Line

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

I kinda liked Drew Carey as a host. His improv skills weren't the best, but sometimes that made the skit even funnier.
    Plus his laugh was rather contagious.

Never heard of this new host till now but at least the main cast remains mostly the same.

Not happy about Wayne being a regular. Say what you will about Drew, he didn't force you to endure unfunny games created specifically for his skills.

If Mike McShane comes back, I'd be as happy as a clam.

Oh, used to love this show wen I was younger. Didn't know it was coming back. Iffy about Aisha Tyler, but she's good on Archer... so ehh. Also, glad everyone is coming back at least. Plus, they've only decided on 10 episodes for now. Won't hurt to watch them.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com
    I'm a musician! Have a listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    Not happy about Wayne being a regular. Say what you will about Drew, he didn't force you to endure unfunny games created specifically for his skills.

If Mike McShane comes back, I'd be as happy as a clam.
    Wasn't Wayne... always a regular? Or maybe he was just in a ton of episodes then, it's been a while since I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiciteKefka View Post
    Wasn't Wayne... always a regular?
    From season 2 onward, yes. In season 1, he appeared in all but two or three episodes and was credited as a reoccuring improver.

From season 2 onward, yes. In season 1, he appeared in all but two or three episodes and was credited as a reoccuring improver.
    I don't see what the problem is then. He's great as well, in a different way then Ryan and Colin. He's much more physical, and I think those kinds of comics are needed as well.

I never found him funny. I seldom thought he was trying to be funny. A lot of his bits were just him dancing and singing. He's good at that but he was rarely funny while doing it.

I never found him funny. I seldom thought he was trying to be funny. A lot of his bits were just him dancing and singing. He's good at that but he was rarely funny while doing it.
    I agree with this. He was more theatrical than he was funny.

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Used to love watching reruns of the old british version on tv a few years back and I always thought the US version was pretty solid aswell. I've watched quite a lot of improv live at places like The Comedy Store in London and it's that sort of thing that gives me hope for any new version, there are loads of talented improv comedians out there that could make this show great again.
    Theory Time!
    The dude with the 'Sabo' hat in Doflamingo's crew is one of the 'Toy' people

I kinda agree, Ryan and Colin are waaaaay funnier, and just generally better comedians. Still, I think Wayne brings something to the table which is quite necessary. I can't actually put my finger on what it is, but his talents are kind of a breath of fresh air.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information