+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger

Default The world is triggered...

The world is triggered...
    Last edited by Friction; September 13th, 2015 at 08:42 AM.

Default Re: World Trigger

No it's not. Its dreadfully generic.

Well, the protagonist is eh so far, but I do like Kuga.
    Last edited by Somewhere; February 19th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Where is your God now? PatTraverse's Avatar

Both chapters have been slow and dragged out for no reason because it seems that the author thinks that the readers are idiots.I mean how many bullies are going to get their asses kicked in just a few hours?

meh. I won't count it out yet. Nothing special about it so far, but the art is good and 4-eyes could be interesting.

I read the second chapter. It's kinda...eh. The face that short guy makes is strange for a default aloof face. Why are there so many asshats in this world? Wouldn't you have better things to do if there were weird aliens roaming around constantly eating people? Scamming people out of money is pointless.

The perpetual (=3=) is going to get annoying. Fast.

This manga would be better if there was no dialogue like a beat-em-up arcade game with random goons on every corner.
    Last edited by Hiroy; February 19th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.

Hmm after reading the second chapter, I am starting to grow confused. Is this suppose to be a slice of life comic with minor action/adventure elements like Ass Class? When I read, "I'll teach you everything there is to know about Japan." It sounds like something typical out of a standard "new guy coming into Japan" slice of life story.

It is doing very little to bolster the whole "action/adventure" element of the story since a lot of this chapter (and the previous one) was invested in the new kid being intrigued in fitting into his new environment. Sure, we have few minor moments like him killing the monster in ch 1, the eye thing, and getting hit by a car (which this should be the focal point of the story rather than...having most of it being him awkward in Japan, but not in a funny endearing way either).

Yeaah I know Bleach did this whole slice of life thing too before becoming full on "Action/Adventure" story, but it (ironically) moved at a much faster pace than this. Likewise, early Bleach was much more likeable, established a bigger cast by ch 2, and a more interesting setup with the whole Shinigami thing.

Also...two groups of bullies in one chapter? Really? If they were to take anything from Bleach, how about doing a "monster of the week" thing until getting to the meat of the serie? This world at least lends the opportunity for this to happen. They could have shown this whole bit about him getting hit with a car (and recovering) through a monster battle at the end of this chapter.
    Like with chapter 1, this chapter has pacing issues as well. It spent WAY too much time on the whole "I don't know how to use Japanese money bit". That should have been only 1-2 pages long and with only ONE toss-away bully.

PS: I really hate this face > ( = 3 =)
    Is it his default face? I swear he is shown doing ( = 3 =) more than his "normal" expression. It's as if the author doesn't know what other expression he should be giving this character. It screams "I'm a brat" more than anything, and it's not cute, endearing or funny.

( = 3 =) ......Yeah I much more prefer One Punchman's default derp face over the weird duckface/pucker this kid has.

While not Takablah-ga-Hara tier slow, these first two chapters (along with the next few, I'm guessing) could've easily been blended into the first. It's this slowness that's gonna kill it.

We're probably gonna get the heroine in the next few chapters, but she'll probably be as bland as the rest of them.

Given the tripe still going (like Edison and Kiruko), it could potentially float like Kurogane and Medaka Box, but I don't see it lasting any longer than 50 chapters (and that's being REALLY generous).

Ashihara seems like one of those mangaka that could get really good later down the road, though; but might be better off in another magazine.
    Last edited by Cruithne; February 20th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Third chapter.

More bullies got owned.

........ seriously, DUDE.

I'm not even spoiler taggin' this shit.
    (yeah, there's more to the chapter, but really. It's beyond getting old.)

Guess the author got bullied as a kid and is now getting revenge in his story.

It'll be interesting to see it's ranking among the other titles.

The pacing in this comic is dreadful. Chapters 2 and 3 could have EASILY been just one chapter. Does this guy even have an editor?

Yeaaah, this author was probably harassed by bullies when he was a kid.
    "Ha ha! That'll show those meanies to mess with a comic artist!" (= 3 =)

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    The pacing in this comic is dreadful. Chapters 2 and 3 could have EASILY been just one chapter. Does this guy even have an editor?

Revenge is dish best served buffet style....( = 3 =)

(does make an amusing emote at least)

God this shit is worse than Hungry Joker, at least that guy is trying. Probably

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post

Probably the same editor that worked on Takamagahara.

Honestly I struggled to read the second chapter because it was so god damn boring. For the most part there just doesn't seem to be anything that sets the story apart from anything else in the magazine. The main characters boring, and their attempts at getting a laugh or two fall flat on its face.

If the first chapter had not been so bland and uninspired then I might have cut the series some more slack, but right now it doesn't seem to have a lot going for it at the moment. Hopefully it shapes up to be something more otherwise it's just gonna get sacked.

I like the other-worldly conflict, as well as hints of factions at war (=3=) hints about his homeland.
    I like "aliens are war with each other and Earth is caught in middle of it" sci-fi stories.

The problem is, 3 chapters in and we're only getting teased about it, and too many pages wasted on repeats of bullies getting stomped. I mean really, they went through FOUR bullies-get-owned incidents in 3 chapters, instead of cool alien shit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information