+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger

Default Re: World Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    The pacing is reminding me of Takamagahara. And that's not a compliment. Probably even worse. At this point in Takamagahara at least there's been some vague idea on where the story was heading. Here? No idea. It's on SJA so I'll probably follow it till its end, regardless of when that occurs.
    I think World Trigger's trying the "monster-of-the-week-until-more-plot-develops"-type formula. It's just not very exciting.

Takama took like 10 chapters to get to where [I'm assuming] most of the story would've taken place had it not been canned. That's not the case here unless Osamu gets stuck in neighbor-land for some reason and the story becomes him trying to find a way to escape.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I think World Trigger's trying the "monster-of-the-week-until-more-plot-develops"-type formula. It's just not very exciting.

Takama took like 10 chapters to get to where [I'm assuming] most of the story would've taken place had it not been canned. That's not the case here unless Osamu gets stuck in neighbor-land for some reason and the story becomes him trying to find a way to escape.
    But at least by chapter 4 the school was mentioned and his future training there was mentioned. Plus there's been foreshadowing/an idea that the series might go the route to become a Bleach like story stopping the people with superpowers.

For World Trigger, -3- guy is here and is going to...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

If it's doing a "monster of the week" sort of narrative, then it's doing a terrible job at it. Bleach did it fine at its start (I think it lasted kinda up to ch 6 before hitting the story arcs). A shame the monsters are pretty much the same in design, but just...different sizes.

Read the latest through US Jump. I want to punch Kuga in the face and stop him from making that 3 mouth. There was only like 1 or 2 panels where he didn't do it.

Also, THIS IS STILL SLOW!

Inb4 the monster is too much for Kitora and she needs to be saved.

^pretty much.

Chapter 8.
    Stuff. Happening.

As opposed to stuff not happening.

Yeah that's right, that's my review.

I've read the first 3 chapters, started the 4th.

Normally I'm not one to say that series is bad after reading such a small sample size. But there's some issues that I'm not sure how to properly explain.

I guess the lack of a clear direction for both the story, and chapters are one thing that's making the manga crappy right now. It could be the translation, but everything seems kind of, well, rushed - yes, rushed, it's like their trying to present psychological or thought inspiring situations but it just doesn't happen. It's rushed in the sense that things just happen, I guess.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

It certainly seems to be capable of actually doing stuff if the latest chapter's any indication. fills me with hope for the future.

I'm not getting my hopes up till we get a likeable character. So far none of these people are interesting or worth caring about in anyway. It doesn't even have a fall back "cool looking badass" to give me hope.

Chapter seven spent 6 pages reiterating what was said last chapter.

Color me impressed, I liked chapter 9.

The whole spell-like characteristics of the Trigger usage is pretty fascinating.
    I have to say, the battles themselves are actually pretty interesting in this manga.
    Such a contrast to the character interactions and boring plot developments inbetween.

Raw : Link

I'm slowly starting to like this manga.
    Last edited by fana; April 5th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Spoiler:

Hmm, he's reusing that getter-done elite dude from his one-shot. Hopefully not the same mistake Kiruko-san did though.
    Even his catch-phrase is exactly the same lol.
    I'm rather disappointed with the HQ. Unattractive as you can get. Like I said before, it's nowhere near as fun looking as BABEL from ZKC.

Considering how unattractive mankind is at this point, it may just come down to Aliens being much cooler than this shoddy bunch.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Cool to see the story getting some direction. Still a bit clunky but I think it's starting to hit a stride.

Wondering why -3-'s parents/dad told him to go to Border in this world unless he doesn't know that it wouldn't be safe? Guess I'm just waiting for the reveal of the friend from Border (probably the "cool" guy this chapter. I never read the one shot).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

A pretty good chapter, makes me optimistic for the upcoming ones

Discovered Stowaway Yosemite Ham's Avatar

I liked chapter 10. It expanded a bit on the actual people in Border and how they do things. I'm interested in what will happen with Mikumo under Jin's wing. Hopefully something cool. I still feel this manga has some potential to be really really cool, but it's showing it in the most sluggish way. Here's hoping for more human characterization in some of the cast and some awesome monster designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite Ham View Post
    Here's hoping for more human characterization in some of the cast and some awesome monster designs!
    Why they haven't done either of these at the START really befuddles me.

Discovered Stowaway Yosemite Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Why they haven't done either of these at the START really befuddles me.
    Yeeeeaaahhh, I'm trying to be optimistic about it, but man is this a rocky start to a manga.

But was it too late? Hopefully not because those first couple of chapters were painfully boring. Has it already left the safe zone as far protection for ratings? I forget how all of that works again.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    But was it too late? Hopefully not because those first couple of chapters were painfully boring. Has it already left the safe zone as far protection for ratings? I forget how all of that works again.
    I think it left the safe zone two weeks ago. So what you're seeing is its actual rating. So far...it has been floating (better than Koisuru Edison though it surprisingly JUMPED last week), but WT SEEMS to be dipping slightly to the bottom, but it is hard to tell at the moment whether it will survive at the moment...especially with Medaka (ending next week) and Sket Dance (ending VERY soon).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information