+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: World Trigger

Default Re: World Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
    Still sorta boring.
    Yeah, but that's an improvement from "dreadfully boring".

Indeed. Wait, if WT was "dreadfully boring" on the first chapters, how am I gonna classify HJ?

Indeed. Wait, if WT was "dreadfully boring" on the first chapters, how am I gonna classify HJ?

Um..also dreadfully boring?

I think the manga is getting better but I hope the mangaka will give hints of where the overall plot is going next chapter.
    Right now, I don't understand exactly what kind of manga he's trying to write.

Off-topic : I think Kuga looks like Tact from Sket Dance and it's disturbing me when I read Sket Dance .

Current Naruto.

ch6

Looking at ohana's spoilers, it looks like another chapter of absolutely jack shit happening.
    I will reserve my judgemnt till I read it, but still. sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    ch6

Looking at ohana's spoilers, it looks like another chapter of absolutely jack shit happening.
    I will reserve my judgemnt till I read it, but still. sheesh.
    please tell me there aren't any more wasted panels of bully stomping...if I wanted to read some bully stomping that was GOOD, I would have gone with Kongoh Banchou.

No, but looks like now he's getting bullied by Border members.

chapter 6
    It wasn't as bad as the impression we got from ohana's really short spoiler

Spoiler:

like the spoiler suggested, not much happened... just a squad of Borders arrived and encountered the two protagonist.
    But we got three characters introduced, as well as more insight into border's workings and whatnot.

I do feel like this whole sekai-kei setting of this world is uncomfortably immature.
    The border characters feel way too mundane and childish for someone who's supposed to be defending the world from aliens.

For example, if I were to compare with BABEL of Zettai Karen Children, Border is supposed to be significantly more important to the safety of the world, yet the organization doesn't seem nearly as advanced or well equipped as BABEL. It doesn't do a sufficient job for me to suspend my belief.
    Hopefully I'll be proven wrong on that with the following chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No, but looks like now he's getting bullied by Border members.
    How old is the author? Has he still not gotten over his high school grudges or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    How old is the author? Has he still not gotten over his high school grudges or what.
    Pretty young, I think.
    Anyways, it was just one Border member that was being harsh on him, the leader seemed nice, and the other one was indifferent.
    With the reveal to the entire school, maybe we won't have to be subjected to Interdimentional Defenders pummelling highschool punks anymore.

I guess that girl's gonna find out and they'll become a trio.

Beh, I hope she mellows out first.

wait what
    Spoiler:

They're still NOT going to the base? What?
    However, whale-shaped alien bombing the city does sound pretty cool.

ohana dropped a brief spoiler, and she said she's already bored with series.lol.
    That's pretty bad when the spoiler provider isn't excited at all to spill the details.

I'm still hanging on hopes the series pace picks up.

The more I read about this...the more I'm convinced this guy doesn't know how to pace his story. Decent ideas and premise, but terribly dreadful pacing that even makes HJ look interesting in comparison. Supposedly this guy has a cancelled Jump serie on his belt too (Super Dog Rilientha) so that doesn't bode too well in confidence.

I really don't get why this guy is already dragging out the story. Doesn't this usually happen when the author becomes...jaded with his work?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

The pacing is reminding me of Takamagahara. And that's not a compliment. Probably even worse. At this point in Takamagahara at least there's been some vague idea on where the story was heading. Here? No idea. It's on SJA so I'll probably follow it till its end, regardless of when that occurs.

I guess the next week or two weeks will determine how the series is doing ratings wise. Even though this was chapter 7 the issue was fairly high in the T.O.C. but I guess that could change as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

The pacing on Super Dog Rilienthal was pretty shoddy as well, it must be said. I don't think it's him being jaded or dragging things out as much as just being a pretty flawed writer. Like... I'd give anything to see a solid writer work with Ashihara. He could go far.

For a young guy (I assume), I doubt he's jaded or anything (I reserve that judgement for bored guys like Kishi, and Kubo pumping out their weekly nonsense). He's just another one of those young awful writers (right next to Bulge, and the HJ guy) that don't know how to write a good, flowing comic that appeals to their audience. Their world building intuition is fine, but their presentation is really...wonky (mostly in terms of pacing and overall genericness).

My guess is that this author is trying to pull a Gyojin-esque comic, but I'm wondering if he completely missed all the elements that made that particular serie interesting when writing these chapters. Where's the threat in this universe? Tension? Excitement? All I remember explicitly about this comic so far is (=3=) and bully stomping.

Where is your God now? PatTraverse's Avatar

There is no sense of danger in the city at all.You don't feel like the residents are always on theirs toes like in Evangelion when the city would go in a total lock down state.It feels like a big city that has bad neighborhoods that you simply have to avoid and you will be fine.

DA FUQ?

What the hell is Fei Oh from 3x3 Eyes doing in this manga.

Spoiler:

Why are these monsters so boring looking?
    If you're inspired by Evangelion...how about introducing some cool looking Evangelion-esque monsters?

Not these...generic giant space worms. I mean, even Bleach had cool Hollow designs for a while.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information