Default Re: Steven Universe

Quote Originally Posted by RazgrizX View Post
    Spoiler:
    One of the gems said Rose managed protected them from the final attack
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    Spoiler:
    To add to this, Greg implies her shield is what saved them
    Spoiler:
    Clearly the corruption is still capable of spreading beyond that, though, as it happened to Jasper. But I guess that you have to go as far as fusion to "catch" it. Supposedly it's a mental sickness, and gem's forms are a mental projection, so the corruption must spread through the shared mental state of fusion. It's just interesting to me how much the corrupted gems have seen preoccupied with finding each other, and they seem better off when they are.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yes, but what is the trigger, though? Because none of the Crystal Gems are being affected. Or maybe I should ask, what is keeping them from becoming corrupted?
    Spoiler:
    I think the corruption trigger is like the meteor shower from Day of the Triffids or the psychic bomb from Watchmen that only the gems at Earth in the moment of the weird flash without appropriate protection were affected. Rose, Pearl, Garnet, Bismuth, Lapis and Amethist were present in some form or another and they all appear to be safe from corruption. Jasper made a mental meld with a corrupted gem so it spreads to her.

But maybe you're into something and there is a corruption lingering effect and all gems in Earth will get insane if nothing is done to cure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschiawarrior View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think the corruption trigger is like the meteor shower from Day of the Triffids or the psychic bomb from Watchmen that only the gems at Earth in the moment of the weird flash without appropriate protection were affected. Rose, Pearl, Garnet, Bismuth, Lapis and Amethist were present in some form or another and they all appear to be safe from corruption. Jasper made a mental meld with a corrupted gem so it spreads to her.

But maybe you're into something and there is a corruption lingering effect and all gems in Earth will get insane if nothing is done to cure them.
    Spoiler:
    It wouldn't surprise me if at some point the corruption does start to mutate in a way that it is capable of spreading beyond the initial hit and fusion, and at some point might end up becoming a threat to Homeworld itself. Maybe fusion might end up being involved in what can heal corruption (if it can spread it, maybe a strong sense of self and love from sane individuals can do the reverse)

Spoiler:
    I really doubt the corruption will start being any more transmissible than it already is. Remember, it's been around for thousands of years. I'm not sure it would really do much more for the show than Jasper's corruption already does. It's pretty clearly just the result of the fusion and the intimacy that that requires.

As for how it might be healed? I have a feeling it will come down to Steven's mind hopping powers. He can probably, with training, figure out how to heal someone from the inside like that. I think that would fit in with things nicely.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Spoiler:
    I didn't write this in my previous post because it was tinfoilhattery, but maybe Rose knew the potential of corrution spreading and that was one of reasons to birth Steven so the gem-kind could survive as a hybrid species.

The corrupted gems grow more upsetting as the knowledge of them increases. What were the mini-centipeedles that poofed without leaving a gem in the first episode? They appeared to be created by centipeedle but why and how? Were they created because she missed her companions and felt lonely? Like Cosmic said they appear to look out for others corrupted gems.

The Diamonds waited for thousands of years to the Cluster emerge and destroy Earth, it's not so far-fetched that the worse of corruption would be in the future.
    Last edited by Fuschiawarrior; August 9th, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Spoiler:
    I really doubt the corruption will start being any more transmissible than it already is. Remember, it's been around for thousands of years. I'm not sure it would really do much more for the show than Jasper's corruption already does. It's pretty clearly just the result of the fusion and the intimacy that that requires.
    Spoiler:
    It might not happen naturally, but I could see some attempt being made purposely to increase the potency of the corruption to have a greater effect or be spread more easily, maybe even to other lifeforms. It would increase the urgency of finding a cure - it wouldn't any longer be "it'd be nice if we could find a way to fix all these old corrupted gems" to "we better fix this shit now". Just random thoughts.

Spoiler:
    As for how it might be healed? I have a feeling it will come down to Steven's mind hopping powers. He can probably, with training, figure out how to heal someone from the inside like that. I think that would fit in with things nicely.
    Spoiler:
    That's a good idea...sounds exhausting and time consuming for one person, though, considering how many corrupted gems there are. Like how overwhelming it was to try and bubble all the corrupted gem fragments. I think we need to know more about how the corruption works in the first place. It was broadcasted as a light, and they said it was like a song. Maybe there is some kind of technology that magnified a psychic power and Steven just needs something like that to magnify the reach of his abilities. Knowing this show, it might literally end up being Steven singing a song :P

Quote Originally Posted by RazgrizX View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't think Rose was personally responsible for whatever happened to Pink Diamond. I think it was more along the lines of something like PD being disgraced/killed for allowing one of her subordinates to stage a rebellion against the diamonds
    Spoiler:
    Welp! You were wrong with this one :P

Spoiler:
    Well, Amathyst is a better Jasper than Jasper ever was. And is our Ruby, the only one that has a functional brain? Lol.
    Also, I shouldn't have taken a peek on the next episodes but I did, and while it doesn't seen to be plot heavy the appear fun. Especially Know Your Fusion.

Spoiler:
    Rose was a savage after all, Steven almost looked tramatized.

Rose backstory finally kicking in.
    Working process.

After the dry spell we had, this batch of episodes has been just what the doctor ordered. More, please!

Also, to those of you who watch the episodes online (especially using DailyMotion mirrors): close the tab once the credits roll, or risk being spoiled by leaked information in the related videos thumbnails.

Well, looks like Gems ships are like TARDIS's, bigger on the inside. :P

Spoiler:
    Do you think Rose used Bismuth's weapon after all?

Well, looks like Gems ships are like TARDIS's, bigger on the inside. :P

Spoiler:
    Do you think Rose used Bismuth's weapon after all?
    Spoiler:
    No, because it didn't actually exist yet. Also, if Rose did shatter Pink Diamond (and Pearl's reaction seems to corroborate Rubeye's story), then her rejecting Bismuth's Breaking Point and murderous tendencies makes even more sense, since she knew first-hand what shattering a gem is like. Not that that washes the blood (shards?) off her hands.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    Spoiler:
    No, because it didn't actually exist yet. Also, if Rose did shatter Pink Diamond (and Pearl's reaction seems to corroborate Rubeye's story), then her rejecting Bismuth's Breaking Point and murderous tendencies makes even more sense, since she knew first-hand what shattering a gem is like. Not that that washes the blood (shards?) off her hands.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing where this goes.
    Spoiler:
    That would make the most sense, I just can't remember everything that happened in what order. Is there a timeline that shows where each event that we've learned about takes place?

Spoiler:
    I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happened between Rose and Pink Diamond prompted her to have the Poof Only sword made

Lots of good stuff to parse these episodes; new plot tidbits, excellent comedy, and a whole bunch of character work for Steven, Amethyst and- at long last- Jasper. Regarding Jasper one of her lines from Earthlings really stood out to me, and foreshadows some major payoffs for her down the line:

Spoiler:
    Jasper is ignorant about the exact nature of corruption ("what happened to you") and where it comes from ("This planet ruins everything. I'm not gonna let it twist ME!"). Meaning, Jasper doesn't know about the Damage from the Diamonds. Most likely, their scorched earth policy was covered up, or maybe even blamed on Rose doing some giant Kamikaze move. Jasper seemingly believes that corruption is some sort of product of innate failings of the gem ("we all get what we deserve") and the earth itself; learning that the Diamonds are to blame, and were willing to just sacrifice their own troops, might be a major push towards redemption for her.

Spoiler:
    It wouldn't surprise me if at some point the corruption does start to mutate in a way that it is capable of spreading beyond the initial hit and fusion, and at some point might end up becoming a threat to Homeworld itself. Maybe fusion might end up being involved in what can heal corruption (if it can spread it, maybe a strong sense of self and love from sane individuals can do the reverse)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happened between Rose and Pink Diamond prompted her to have the Poof Only sword made

Lots of good stuff to parse these episodes; new plot tidbits, excellent comedy, and a whole bunch of character work for Steven, Amethyst and- at long last- Jasper. Regarding Jasper one of her lines from Earthlings really stood out to me, and foreshadows some major payoffs for her down the line:

Spoiler:
    Jasper is ignorant about the exact nature of corruption ("what happened to you") and where it comes from ("This planet ruins everything. I'm not gonna let it twist ME!"). Meaning, Jasper doesn't know about the Damage from the Diamonds. Most likely, their scorched earth policy was covered up, or maybe even blamed on Rose doing some giant Kamikaze move. Jasper seemingly believes that corruption is some sort of product of innate failings of the gem ("we all get what we deserve") and the earth itself; learning that the Diamonds are to blame, and were willing to just sacrifice their own troops, might be a major push towards redemption for her.
    Spoiler:
    I'm just really hoping that steven doesnt fix everything without a hitch. Like Jasper redeemed, Steven can fix corruption and heal shards, can reason with the diamonds etc. With how the show has been making parallels with some of these to death and disease having nothing seriously bad happen after a probable large scale invasion would seem lacking.

The gems being immortal is also something that seems odd, I get tey live thousands of years but them being unable to be ever destroyed just seems odd, I dont know about the shards being different possibly but perhaps they arent shattered in the same way or are brought together quickly.

Mainly I feel as though we shouldnt get both corruption healing and shatter reforming as that would basically be plot armor for everyone minus steven as long as he is alright.

Anyone else feel me?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Also does anyone think , if steven indeed goes back to his gem form he'll change appearance slightly

( The writers stated he would die, but something has to be up with the words "bubbled" and steven told that he couldnt breath out of the earth's atmosphere, so essentially he can breath or the writers changed their mind because he's dead if both statements hold )

Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm just really hoping that steven doesnt fix everything without a hitch. Like Jasper redeemed, Steven can fix corruption and heal shards, can reason with the diamonds etc. With how the show has been making parallels with some of these to death and disease having nothing seriously bad happen after a probable large scale invasion would seem lacking.

The gems being immortal is also something that seems odd, I get tey live thousands of years but them being unable to be ever destroyed just seems odd, I dont know about the shards being different possibly but perhaps they arent shattered in the same way or are brought together quickly.

Mainly I feel as though we shouldnt get both corruption healing and shatter reforming as that would basically be plot armor for everyone minus steven as long as he is alright.

Anyone else feel me?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Also does anyone think , if steven indeed goes back to his gem form he'll change appearance slightly

( The writers stated he would die, but something has to be up with the words "bubbled" and steven told that he couldnt breath out of the earth's atmosphere, so essentially he can breath or the writers changed their mind because he's dead if both statements hold )

Spoiler:
    Firstly, I think the shards deal is kinda like Kars in outter space, given enough time being unable to reform or to its conscience remember what itself was is a equivalent of killing the mind but letting the body live. Even if one could assemble all the shard of a gem and fixing it with healing spit I wouldn't think that what came back would be what it should. And corruption seens to me a mix o PTSD and a touch of Yog-Sothoth to ones mind, even if some can be healed the majority is far too long in madness to be brought back.

And secondly, waht if, IF, Steven is in a bubble? That kinda solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    Firstly, I think the shards deal is kinda like Kars in outter space, given enough time being unable to reform or to its conscience remember what itself was is a equivalent of killing the mind but letting the body live. Even if one could assemble all the shard of a gem and fixing it with healing spit I wouldn't think that what came back would be what it should. And corruption seens to me a mix o PTSD and a touch of Yog-Sothoth to ones mind, even if some can be healed the majority is far too long in madness to be brought back.

And secondly, waht if, IF, Steven is in a bubble? That kinda solves the problem.
    Lol cant believe I didnt think of that, also him being there wouldnt likely poof him either, however if he's quick enough ( 20 seconds ) he should be relatively fine. He might get aways away though

Spoiler:

Considering that the next episode is called "Bubbled".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Considering that the next episode is called "Bubbled".
    I was only thinking of the bubbling that the gems do to the monsters / peridot / jasper not steven' personal bubble
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    There goes a harsh truth to Steven, his mother was an adept Machiavellianism. Now let this sink in him let's bring the fun non plot based episodes for a while.
    Let's just hope he learn from her lessons and be different.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information