+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG TIME, a community coloring project

Default RPG TIME, a community coloring project

Hi guys, I suppose a lot of people here are aware that recently AP forum has collectively sent an Omake idea for OP log (thx again guys); and Oda has taken notice of it and actually made an omake based on the idea called RPG TIME.

Now, I feel that this is somewhat a great achievement for us as a fanbase (not many fanbase out there can say that they've had their ideas heard and made into reality by the author). Some of our members have scanlated the omake, and I really feel that its a waste not to do something about it (the Omake, I mean).

So with that in mind. I wanted to take the scanlated omake further and create a colored version of it, and since the omake is a collective effort; its fitting that the colored version is also a collective effort of AP members. And here's how it works:

1. This is the scanlated version (credits to CCC & Dreamer), which we can use for our RAW

2. We can each pick 1 panel we'd like to color and then submit it here. (of course if u want to, u can submit more than 1 panel)

3. I'll keep track of the panel submissions so we'll know which panels been done and u can then decide whether to do a different version or just do a different panel.

4.UPDATE: The goal of this project is to send the final work back to Oda. Just to let him know how we felt about our ideas being accepted. And who knows, make it to Ussopp's Pirate Gallery

5. UPDATE: In the case that different people are doing the same panel, we'll have a vote to determine which of them gets placed in the Omake. This doesn't mean that the loser will be left out. I WILL STILL PRINT OUT ALL SUBMISSIONS. It's just that the ones with less vote is going to be printed on a different page, but it's still going to be sent to Oda.

6. UPDATE: Seeing that we've gotten all the panels colored, I've set up a date when to stop accepting submissions n print the project : March 21. So if any of u r interested in joining us, we're still accepting submissions.

7. UPDATE:Well, we've finally completed the omake. And this is the full compilation of everyone's work.
    Page 1
    Spoiler:

Page 2
    Spoiler:

Page 3
    Spoiler:

I'm not really sure whether to keep this checklist, so I'll just let it stay here for a while

And here are the individual panels:
    Spoiler:

- p.1.1 = ponx
    Spoiler:

- p.1.2 = RenegadeSoul
    Spoiler:

- p.2.1 = RenegadeSoul
    Spoiler:

- p.2.2 = Silver R.Bolt
    Spoiler:

- p.2.3 = inori
    Spoiler:

- p.2.4 = Book Shonen
    Spoiler:

- p.3.1 = Rody Naruto
    Spoiler:

- p.3.2 = Rody Naruto
    Spoiler:

- p 3.3 = warp predator
    Spoiler:

- p.3.4 = Tare_chan
    Spoiler:

- p.3.5 = Gold
    Spoiler:

And CCC has written the letter we're going to send to Oda:
    Oda-sensei,

Thank you from the bottom of hearts for using our international fan brigade's (we are a site called "Arlong Park") idea for the omake manga, "RPG Time." Words alone wouldn't be enough to express our thanks, so we would like to present you with this gift. I translated RPG Time into English, and then our nakama added color to all the panels. Each scene was colored by a different person.
    Participants included individuals from Indonesia, the Phillipines, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia, Russia, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Canada, and America. We understand if you don't run this in Usopp's Gallery, but really we just want you to see it.
    Please continue to treat us favorably!

-Hisabisa Taro

Pennames of the participants:
    -ponx
    -ukimix
    -Warp Predator
    -Silver R. Bolt
    -Rody Naruto
    -inori
    -Tare_chan
    -Gold
    -Renegadesoul
    -Book Shonen

Well. I guess that's about it, it's been fun, great, awesome, tiring, amazing, etc etc etc. But we made it. RPG Time is colored, and sent to Eiichiro Oda. Thanks again for everyone's support, couldn't have done it without u guys.
    Last edited by ponx; April 16th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Default Re: RPG TIME, a community coloring project

Wow, nice project!!! Of course, a colored version of the RPG time would be ....SSSSUUUUUPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!! I hope people involve in the project.

Sounds like fun. I would like to color p 3.3 if possible. Is there any deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    Sounds like fun. I would like to color p 3.3 if possible. Is there any deadline?
    Nope. I don't plan on having any deadline atm.

But if u feel that having a certain deadline might encourage people not to procrastinate, just let me know.

And really looking forward seeing ur work, I myself haven't decided which panel to color

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I'll give this a try, I haven't colored in a while, but this look fun and not too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    Nope. I don't plan on having any deadline atm.

But if u feel that having a certain deadline might encourage people not to procrastinate, just let me know.

And really looking forward seeing ur work, I myself haven't decided which panel to color
    Maybe some distand not very strict deadline would be nice. Just to have a sense of an ongoing project. Two three weeks?
    It's your choice tho.

Maybe some distand not very strict deadline would be nice. Just to have a sense of an ongoing project. Two three weeks?
    It's your choice tho.
    Seems good enough. 3 weeks should be a sufficient enough amount of time. Say... February 10?

Ok, Three weeks it is. Frankly I though people would be more interested. Maybe I'll do more than one... Half of work is done anyway..

Oh.. so much fun..

Let me join, I'll take p.2.3

Quote Originally Posted by inori View Post
    Oh.. so much fun..

Let me join, I'll take p.2.3
    Welcome aboard then, p.2.3 is the most interesting (and prolly hardest) panel to color besides p.1.2; so I'm looking forward to people who r willing to take the task . Just post ur colored panel in this thread when ur done

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    Welcome aboard then, p.2.3 is the most interesting (and prolly hardest) panel to color besides p.1.2; so I'm looking forward to people who r willing to take the task . Just post ur colored panel in this thread when ur done
    Oh... I see...
    I wish I won't messed up

Well, actualy Tare-chan ask me to draw chibi Robin in RPG Time, so I think it'll be easy if I color all of them first then draw the chibi

Ok, I finished. There are some..issues, but this is pretty much it.

http://s1.ipicture.ru/uploads/20130203/fF1TFzXS.jpg

Really nice job!!!! I like it. Very well done with the zoom effect: clear in the front and not so much in the background. ;-)

Good Job there :D

Better finish mine soon
    Last edited by inori; February 15th, 2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: ~

Red face Re: RPG TIME, a community coloring project

I'm Done. Page 2.3

Spoiler:

The picture size is too big, so if it wasn't working, you may open it here...

Wow, pretty nice work, inori. I will repost your colour works in the thread that tells the story of how we got the omake. Your great work deserves to be part of the story :-)

AAawwww.... Thank you so much Uki~ /hug

AAawwww.... Thank you so much Uki~ /hug
    Done guys. You are here and here in the first post.

Oh crap. since that fiasco with the forum's address I've neglected the thread. Very sorry guys, and thanx a bunch for ur effort, I'll update my checklist n start taking care of this thread again. Anyway, anyone got any ideas on how to increase the participants. I'm sure the work u guys put here will help to inspire others to work on other panels too, they just need to know about this thread

Wow. That's amazing. I really love your lightning effects. Looks a lot like official colorspread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information