+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cage of Eden

Default Cage of Eden

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/cage_of_eden/

Since it ends in two chapters, we might as well discuss it.

It's a Horror story, but it starts out like Lord of the Flies and ends up being like Lost once everyone starts working together. At least that's how I see it.

Basically, the plot revolves around over 300 people who survive a plane crash onto an uncharted island while heading for Guam for a field trip. The main character is Akira Sengoku, who ends up helping lead the others, adults and kids alike, to survive on the island, where prehistoric wildlife (no dinosaurs, but ice age stuff, like Sabertooth Tigers, dinosaur progenitors, Diatryma, etc.) seem to roam free. Fanservice abundance aside, the plot is fairly decent. Worth a read, at least.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Default Re: Cage of Eden

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread about this since I remember talking about it in this forum before. Of course it could have been in a random thread.

Oh and pretty sure this series was cancelled since the ending came out of nowhere and there are still alot of stuff unresolved. I have no ideia how the author can fix that in two chapter.

Also this series was fine until the human character began fighting hand to hand with animals, that was just too crazy for me.

His series usually have fast and odd endings that feel pretty random so I don't think Cage of Eden got canned. Just check Shonen Survivor, another horror series of his.

There was just nothing else for the main characters to do. They defeated both the strongest monster in the island and the one person Sengoku considered his fated enemy. If anything I expect the last chapter to reveal that Lord Hades was Future Sengoku all this time along.
    Last edited by White Witch; January 8th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

I enjoyed the series, it's pretty entertaining and even at times heartwarming/ tearjerking, but there are just SO many things that irked me to no end.

*90% of adults are evil! There were two teachers who literally told the men to be their slaves and the girls to be their fuck slaves ffs. One minute they're perfectly normal, the next they're utterly heartless beasts. It's ridiculous plot convenience. Oh and the same thing goes for the swift slaughter of all the kids we're led to dislike (this side of Suzuki)
    *Panty shots everywhere! And there are like NINE bath scenes, it's ridiculous (and let's have a breast comparison scene because that's not already in EVERYTHING EVER god)
    *A LOT of people keep dying around them, you'd think that would take an emotional toll on them besides "oh we briefly hallucinated them because of vertigo."
    *The "Those scientists overstepped GOD'S DOMAIN" triteness. Fuck God's domain, it's such self-righteous twaddle. If scientists hadn't "overstepped God's domain" we wouldn't have a million beneficial medical marvels.

Maine, which is an awesome state in my opinion.

Love this series so much, and was shocked and saddened when the ending was announced.

I liked it , but I should catch up with it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

I liked the plot elements of the series, but the panty shots and fanservice was really distracting at times. But like I said I enjoyed the actual mystery of the island a lot.

One thing that bugs me though,
    Spoiler:
    two chapters left, are they ever gonna reveal the identity of that masked guy or have I completely missed it?

Well, if you payed enough attention while reading, you already should be able to tell who is him.

At the beginning Hades was built up to be an overarching antagonist, and then he fell right off the map. I wasn't sorry he was gone, because he wasn't terribly likeable. Nishikiori was the best villain.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I enjoyed this a lot at first but I had to stop because of the ridiculous fanservice.

I still believe Zaji n that sword dude are alive. But during the last arc, the pacing became soooooooo damn bad. It took 3-4 chapters to do something that could be done in one chapter. "They're one step closer to the secrets of the island." was used literally over 30 times. And 99% of the male adults are pedophile rapist. I know that at least one would go crazy, but WAT DA FUQ?! Still a good series, but some recent parts piss me DA FUQ off!

I tried looking for this series on here cause I thought we already made a thread, but oh well. I honestly don't think i'm going to like the ending because it's going to only be a 20 page ending.

I actually get the weird feeling that there's gonna be a sequel.

I'm just glad that he dropped the "All adults are EVIL" theme (which he used through all of his last series because it was set in a post-apocalyptic world where only children didn't turn into killing machines because of a virus) after the Arc where Miina was introduced.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/cage_...17/c169/8.html

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I wasn't aware of the announcement so I was shocked to read in the last chap "the conclusion in the next 3 chapters" I was like the conclusion of what?

This was a middle of the pack manga for me but I enjoyed it. Nice Land of the Lost/LOST vibe to it just with kids. It being the future was always an option for me. Dunno how everything is gonna be wrapped up in the next 2 chaps though and it seems it'll be really fucking sad unless there's a plot dem used to bring them back to the past/present.

Lot of mysteries still out there. I always had it in mind that they haven't found all of the crash survivors.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Am I the only one who thinks there will be a Part 2?

the ending will be a big let down imo. Out of nowhere we have the series is ending in 2 chapters and we are at a flashback/present time wtf with that. I wouldnt be surprised if we wont even see the main cast again till the end of the series and everything will evolve on how everything on that island was created.

Im not looking forward to next week

That chapter explained a lot. Looking forward to the final chapter. Hope there's a sequel.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

I'm finally seing a manga who seems able to have a good ending.

"Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information