+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Did you ever cried over One Piece?

Default Re: Did you ever cried over One Piece?

I'm not an emotional type either... I've never actually shed a single tear, not even once (yes I'm a heartless bastard). My little brother though, that's totally a different story.

Pardon me, I want to share a little of my story...

Year 2006 introduced me to the world of internet and scanlation. That's the first time I realized how popular One Piece is, after reading it by tankobon release for 4 years. I eventually catched up to the latest chapter and coincidentally it was the merry chapter (chapter 430). It was fresh release so it was talked about by fans everywhere, and a lot people said this chapter moved them to tears.

As a noob to OP web community and a person who has never cried at any OP scene, I actually didn't believe that at all... I thought people were dramatizing and it's common stuff on internet lol... but still I was wondering so I showed the chapter to my 7 yo little brother (kinda dick move for he wasn't catching up at the moment, back then I didnt value spoiler as much as I do now). He read the chapter with serious mimic and when he hit the last page (the "thank you for taking care of me" part)... he instantly exploded to tears. I meant that almost literally, he cried like someone just murdered the whole family and stayed like that for 15 minutes straight. Ain't even kidding when I said that...

Honestly it's kind of creepy to see him like that. He might be a little kid but he barely cried... And everytime he did, 99% guaranteed Oda was responsible. Merry's funeral, SH's separation, Ace's death, "I still have my friends"... I even secretly taped him for live reaction when Ace died lol.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

Merry's Funeral. Everytime.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Never cried almost did a few times though :P

Strawhat's seperation and Going Merry Funeral... Yet Ace's death made me laugh.. No idea why
    3DS Friendcode: 2921-9337-3545

The anime portrayed this better, with brooks flash back how they were playing the song for laboon while each were dying and how brook was saying trio duet solo. That was truly sad :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pkbaldy View Post
    Strawhat's seperation and Going Merry Funeral... Yet Ace's death made me laugh.. No idea why
    Yeah, I think that is because how luffy seemed to be crying and all of the sudden he just got stuck in that position and we turn our focus to luffy rather than ace. It was like Oda wanted us to feel sadness and then quickly forget it and get back to the war.

Luffy crying over ace's death is too much for me.
    3DS FC 5429-6917-2690
    Nintendo id: Lugia 16

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

The fact that we didn't get to know whether Mermaids poop or not brought me to tear. That was so fucking tragic.
    That, and Nami's flashback.

Merry's funeral

Robin's past

when Hatchi got shot (and then seconds later, tears of joy when luffy punched the fuck out of st. charloss)

Luffy's reactions to Ace's death
    "Get a load of THIS!" - Robotnik

I got through many things.

The Merry,
    Nami's Flashback,
    Robin's Flashback.
    Ace's Death.
    The Ace/Luffy/Sabo flashback.

But f*cking Brooke and that god damn whale get me everytime..

op made me cry for things that ain't even real, Merry's funeral made me cry for 2 hours and I will never forget how much I cried after ace last words.
    What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

I'm quite a sensitive person when it comes to things like movies and books that have characters/stories I love. Anime and manga is no exception. So of course I've cried over One Piece.

But One Piece is the only manga/anime to make me cry tears of joy. When my man Usopp came back I looked just like Nami did, calling them a bunch of stupid idiots with tears rolling down my cheek. It was quite a sad sight lol but damn awesome.

So many times have I cried!
    Usopp's flashback, Sanji's flashback, Nami's flashback, the "Nami, you are my nakama!" moment, Chopper's flashback, Kohza not hearing Vivi's cries back in Alabasta, Pell flying with the bomb, Tashigi's vow to get stronger Nami's "What good is treasure if I'm alone?" moment in Skypiea, Luffy vs Usopp, the entire Enies Lobby Arc, Brook's flashback, the separation of the SHs, Ace's death, Whitebeard's death, "I have still got my friends", Luffy's flashback, Otohime's death, Jinbe's flashback about Koala and the Sun Pirates, Law's "Weaklings can't choose how they die" which made me cry because Tashigi poor baby, Bellamy being beaten to a pulp by Dellinger.
    And also, I've got the habit of crying at every. Single. Anime. Opening.

Merry's funeral (crying non-stop).

Usopp and Luffy fight.

Ace died.

Luffy and Ace cried because Sabo died.

So far, those moments make me cry.

Ha yes I did! When my internet was out for a month I went crazy!

Eats jam from the jar. Munchlax's Avatar

Robin and the "I want to live" thingy. Dr. Hiruluk's final words and Chopper waving his flag was good. When Ivankov locks up Luffy, who is like being turned inside out, in order to heal him and Bon Kurei is like yelling at the door was the worst omg

Yep.

Though most of it got me choked up when I was watching it for the first time, I cried a little at the arlong park part when Luffy puts the straw hat on Nami when I saw it for a second time in the special movie thing and when reading it. I got sad and choked up with Robin's stuff during Enies Lobby, but I haven't read it or re watched it. Though I did watch the scene where Robin finally says those famous words dubbed when it came out and I nearly cried. I was balling my eyes out during the Marineford arc, I don't wanna get into specifics for that since I'm not sure if I can post spoilers, but I'm sure most of you know why, well it was more so Luffy's reaction that made me cry.

Oh and for some reason seeing the Merry stuff in Pirate Warriors after watching the anime made me cry where as I didn't cry during the first time. I guess I tend to cry more the second time around.
    Last edited by Takeshi-Kun; January 22nd, 2014 at 05:27 AM.

Yeah, sure, I cried.

Spoiler:
    Chapter 731.

I'm up all night to get lucky.

Ace's Death (almost a 5 days non-stop....) Merry Funeral(always).... Robin's Flashback and Rescue!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information