+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1417

Thread: EA SUCKS but so does Bioware Thread

Default Re: EA SUCKS but so does Bioware Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Can someone make a mod where Sera isn't such an annoying, unlikeable lout to an Elf Inquisitor who is actually proud of their heritage then?
    Sera was one of the best characters in Inquisition. Her hating typical elf stuff was fun. She would have been in my party all the time if Verric wasn't an auto-include. And she was in the group a lot my second run through.

You want someone that's all about traditional elf stuff you got for Solas. Who was kind of an asshole about it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Sera was one of the best characters in Inquisition. Her hating typical elf stuff was fun. She would have been in my party all the time if Verric wasn't an auto-include. And she was in the group a lot my second run through.

You want someone that's all about traditional elf stuff you got for Solas. Who was kind of an asshole about it.
    Well, my issue is that if you're even like "Yes, I am proud to be a Dalish, but I respect other cultures", she's all like "UGHHHHHHHHHHH, Typical Elfy Elf Oppressor!". She's a total hypocrite, and a womanchild about it, as well.

It's even worse that, when you learn about the Well as an other race, she says she can agree to disagree about what you discovered....unless you're a Dalish Elf.

I wouldn't know, I never played an elf. They kind of suck.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I wouldn't know, I never played an elf. They kind of suck.
    Playing as a human, especially in Inquisition, is too basic and plain. Qunari is a neat option, but having to use the facepaint thing instead of helmets sucks. I liked both Dwarf options in Origins, but the Inquisition one....dunno, this one just didn't do much for me.

But then, my go-to people in ES are Khajiit, so maybe I just like to be exotic.

I play Qunari my first time and Swarf my second.

Will never do elves. Hated them in Origins, (always sided with the werewolves) hated them in 2. Fenris was intollerable and Merrill was... Merrill. I managed to like Meryl on my second run when I did my evil power hungry bloodmage playthrough, but that she's only tolerable in the *evil* playthrough is something.

Solas... is boring and leaves you halfway through the game. Then comes back only to betray and leave you again and turn out to be the asshole responsible for the whole thing.

Sera is the first elf I actually liked and well... she doesn't act like an elf.

...Zevran was okay but he'd betray you at the drop of a hat if you didn't have absolute full loyalty.

Even before I really got into finishing all three games during the pandemic, I knew Solas was up to no good the second I saw him. Interesting storytelling and all, and I actually quite liked him as a character, but it was so obvious he was more then just a simple hermit who just happened to be at the Big, Important Meeting.

Also, for the next game, I'm wondering if that whole angle with the Architect and the sentient Darkspawn is finally coming back. Maybe even one as a companion? That would be interesting!

Kotor, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Mass Effect trilogy were all solid. A bit creaky by *todays* standards maybe but they were plenty good at the time.
    If you say so personally I thought the games were pretty shaky even at the time.

...Zevran was okay but he'd betray you at the drop of a hat if you didn't have absolute full loyalty.
    I mean he is a mercenary/assassin.

Can someone make a mod where Sera isn't such an annoying, unlikeable lout to an Elf Inquisitor who is actually proud of their heritage then?
    You’ll get your shitty RPG teammates who’re shitty just because and like it.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 10th, 2021 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Solas... is boring and leaves you halfway through the game. Then comes back only to betray and leave you again and turn out to be the asshole responsible for the whole thing.
    Solas is more fun if you do a romance run with him, adds more layers. But I guess that requires playing an elf.

He was never my main mage, though, that always was Dorian, my queer bestie.

Also, for the next game, I'm wondering if that whole angle with the Architect and the sentient Darkspawn is finally coming back. Maybe even one as a companion? That would be interesting!
    Companion? Unlikely. Maybe ally.

Having characters with notable flaws and potential conflicts with the MC is what generally makes the cast fun and interesting. The cast risks becoming too boring if all the focus is written on wanting them to be likable and the MC's best friend. I haven't played Andromeda, but from what I heard, that was apparently an issue in that game.

Don’t really remember that being an issue in Andromeda especially when there is initial apprehension with characters like Jaal and Cora towards Ryder not enough that it becomes prominent throughout the game but still. Jaal because his people are initially suspicious of Ryder and their crew and Cora because there is some initial jealously over Alec choosing to make Ryder the Pathfinder.....eventhough it’s pretty obvious that had Alec not done so Ryder would’ve died.

Then there’s the banter between Cora & Peebee/Cora & Vetra or Liam & Vetra where there’s also some tension but not to the same levels of Miranda & Jack from Mass Effect 2 or Wrex & Shepard during the mission on Virmire.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 13th, 2021 at 05:37 PM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Andromeda had crewmates other than the Krogan? Drack is the only one I remember anything about... he was the old Krogan who'd been through everything.

There was the one guy from the new species, and I sort of remember Pebee... and then some boring humans? Who ever puts humans in the party if they can help it?

Oh, looking it up there was also a lady Turian.

Yeah I don't remember anything about any of those characters. They failed utterly to leave any impression.

The biggest waste in theat game was they were literally in a brand new part of the galaxy and there were exactly two new species to deal with. And one of them was the super generic badguys.

Who ever puts humans in the party if they can help it?
    Having only actually played ME2 (I'll get the three-pack eventually . . .), I would usually only use Garrus and Tali. But if I ever play 1 or 3 I'd probably use Kaidan as a powerful biotic teammate.

... and then some boring humans? Who ever puts humans in the party if they can help it?
    raises hand

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Will never do elves.
    Elves are great if you like lore and RPing in these games. I know Bioware cares little about choices and RPing nowadays but as players we still should. Give them a shot and you'll a have a good time if you actually care to get into a character's head. Which is what these games should still be about. Not just the super powered superhero sidekicks.

And seeing things from their POV would probably help your position better since it really seems to be hating characters and not the elves themselves.

Spoiler:
    Hated them in Origins, (always sided with the werewolves) hated them in 2.
    Why would anyone not just pick the 3rd option? Anything else is just kind of needlessly evil. And there are only two elves in 2. lol Speaking of.

Fenris was intollerable
    Personal taste here of course but he is funny, charming and actually one of the few good male LIs Bioware has ever done. Plus let's be real here, he was the last try to get players to understand how dangerous and fucked up mages are in this setting. Something they have admitted they fucked up badly.

He and Merrill was... Merrill. I managed to like Meryl on my second run when I did my evil power hungry bloodmage playthrough, but that she's only tolerable in the *evil* playthrough is something.
    Yeah her character is not exactly great aside from the rivalmance. Issue is more with 2 being a very poor rushed game though more so than her character I would add.

Idea of saving a character from themselves was neat, it's just Bioware can't handle these sort of plots or characters well. And again, they do a bad job of getting the point across on how dangerous mages are.

He is boring. Up until he betrays you yes. Then he became the best and most interesting companion the series will ever give us. No more of this investigation BS learning about a character but a real side character who has his own goals and personality outside of you. Which is important.

See he destroys the Elf lore but.... it works because it's something you should care about. He blew up status quo. The biggest worry everyone should have is that he will be wasted in the first hour of the next game because Bioware can't and has never delivered on anything that matters in their games. How he is handled will make or break the series.

But again, to be frank, that's if you care about the series' lore, setting and writing.

Sera is the first elf I actually liked and well... she doesn't act like an elf.
    I am mixed on her. If you don't like elves and like free spirted characters and romances who live in the day to day. She is perfect. If you care about the greater good as well as the lore of say the elves she is the biggest most selfish brat the series ever gave us. And these games are full of selfish people as is.

Like I have seen and know many players who loved her as their first LI but then tried to do the romance as an elf and yup, she breaks it off with you if you care about your own race. Which turns people off. On one hand that's great forcing you to have to make a choice. On another, this is Bioware once again fucking up on the LGBTQ+ characters. A proud honor bound Dalish Inky is what, going to have to romance boring Josie? Fuck that.

Her own self race hating ways will always be the big thing people talk about with her character. It's why you're saying you like her. There is more ground to this than the mistaken view that Ash in Mass Effect was a racist.

So do most of the second game's cast for not as good reasons. He is an assassin, pump him full of the free gifts and you never have to worry about his one scene where he might betray you. And that's pretty much as many chances to betray you as Lili, Wynne, Sten and Oghren have too. So feels like a nitpick here.

Will end this point by saying, give them a shot. Read the lore on them a bit but think from the POV of an elf. In DA:O you will not be treated as well by certain characters depending on if you're an elf, what kind of elf.

And maybe layoff on the genocide choices unless said character you made is a racist monster. lol
    Last edited by Dorobō Neko; June 14th, 2021 at 04:53 PM.

Dorobo, you made some good points, but don't you be dissing that precious cinnamon roll called Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobō Neko View Post
    Elves are great if you like lore and RPing in these games. I know Bioware cares little about choices and RPing nowadays but as players we still should. Give them a shot and you'll a have a good time if you actually care to get into a character's head. Which is what these games should still be about. Not just the super powered superhero sidekicks.

And seeing things from their POV would probably help your position better since it really seems to be hating characters and not the elves themselves.

Spoiler:
    Why would anyone not just pick the 3rd option? Anything else is just kind of needlessly evil. And there are only two elves in 2. lol Speaking of.

Personal taste here of course but he is funny, charming and actually one of the few good male LIs Bioware has ever done. Plus let's be real here, he was the last try to get players to understand how dangerous and fucked up mages are in this setting. Something they have admitted they fucked up badly.

Yeah her character is not exactly great aside from the rivalmance. Issue is more with 2 being a very poor rushed game though more so than her character I would add.

Idea of saving a character from themselves was neat, it's just Bioware can't handle these sort of plots or characters well. And again, they do a bad job of getting the point across on how dangerous mages are.

He is boring. Up until he betrays you yes. Then he became the best and most interesting companion the series will ever give us. No more of this investigation BS learning about a character but a real side character who has his own goals and personality outside of you. Which is important.

See he destroys the Elf lore but.... it works because it's something you should care about. He blew up status quo. The biggest worry everyone should have is that he will be wasted in the first hour of the next game because Bioware can't and has never delivered on anything that matters in their games. How he is handled will make or break the series.

But again, to be frank, that's if you care about the series' lore, setting and writing.

I am mixed on her. If you don't like elves and like free spirted characters and romances who live in the day to day. She is perfect. If you care about the greater good as well as the lore of say the elves she is the biggest most selfish brat the series ever gave us. And these games are full of selfish people as is.

Like I have seen and know many players who loved her as their first LI but then tried to do the romance as an elf and yup, she breaks it off with you if you care about your own race. Which turns people off. On one hand that's great forcing you to have to make a choice. On another, this is Bioware once again fucking up on the LGBTQ+ characters. A proud honor bound Dalish Inky is what, going to have to romance boring Josie? Fuck that.

Her own self race hating ways will always be the big thing people talk about with her character. It's why you're saying you like her. There is more ground to this than the mistaken view that Ash in Mass Effect was a racist.

So do most of the second game's cast for not as good reasons. He is an assassin, pump him full of the free gifts and you never have to worry about his one scene where he might betray you. And that's pretty much as many chances to betray you as Lili, Wynne, Sten and Oghren have too. So feels like a nitpick here.

Will end this point by saying, give them a shot. Read the lore on them a bit but think from the POV of an elf. In DA:O you will not be treated as well by certain characters depending on if you're an elf, what kind of elf.

And maybe layoff on the genocide choices unless said character you made is a racist monster. lol
    I like the lore and the world just fine. I've played all three games multiple times. HAd different companions every run, roleplayed very different characters to get very different results.

I just don't like the elves.

]Why would anyone not just pick the 3rd option? Anything else is just kind of needlessly evil. And there are only two elves in 2. lol Speaking of.
    Because I LIKE werewolves. "Saving" them by turning them back into elves? So they can go back and mingle with the people that messed them up and tried to kill them and were totally unapologetic about it and kept a corrupt asshole leader for ages? Screw that. Kill the elves that did it to them in the first place and lead an army of badass wolves to fight the darkspawn

I did the "save everyone" option when I played pure hero. I played how I wanted every other time.

Robby, the Werewolves are Human, not Elves.

Robby, the Werewolves are Human, not Elves.
    Were they? It's been like 10 years since I last played origin.

Well double screw the elves then, werewolves all the way.

Were they? It's been like 10 years since I last played origin.

Well double screw the elves then, werewolves all the way.
    Spoiler:
    Basically, the Keeper's son was murdered and his daughter raped by a tribe of humans who lived near the forest, and when said daughter became pregnant, killed herself. To gain revenge, the Keeper summoned a special spirit, the Lady of the Forest, and used blood magic to make the curse of the werewolves against any human who lived near the forest.

In the reconciliation path, the Keeper kills himself to break the curse after you point out that vengeance against humans has turned him into a monster himself.

Also, no one in the tribe knows said Keeper is the origin of the curse. So, he is the villain, but the rest of the tribe is innocent.

Yeah but the elves were complete assholes to me, not just their leader.

Even after I did their silly little errands.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information