+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1228

Thread: EA SUCKS but so does Bioware Thread

Default Re: EA SUCKS but so does Bioware Thread

Final Fantasy XIV had to reboot the entire game to make it enjoyable. Nintendo had to restart doing Metroid Prime 4 because they felt it didn't looked up to their expectations.

But the likes of Bathesda and Bioware can't do a little effort?

I feel like they are just going to milk the franchise with GAAS. This is exactly why I'm not very optimistic about the next Dragon Age (also TES:VI).

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

But the likes of Bathesda and Bioware can't do a little effort?
    The question is how much of such a decision is Bioware's and how much of it is EA's. We know Bioware CAN put tons of effort into a game and make it beautiful (see the Dragon Age and Mass Effect trilogy, not to mention all the old classics), but will the higher ups give them the time and money to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The question is how much of such a decision is Bioware's and how much of it is EA's. We know Bioware CAN put tons of effort into a game and make it beautiful (see the Dragon Age and Mass Effect trilogy, not to mention all the old classics), but will the higher ups give them the time and money to do so?
    Now to be sure Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 were not ugly games but calling those games in particular beautiful is stretching things a bit.

Let's not even talk about how iffy animations could get in some of those games.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 30th, 2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Now to be sure Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 were not ugly games but calling those games in particular beautiful is stretching things a bit.

Let's not even talk about how iffy animations could get in some of those games.
    When I say "beautiful" in my case I'm also including stuff like the writing and the characters and the gameplay. There's always bugs, and CGI ages, but those were fun games.

When I say "beautiful" in my case I'm also including stuff like the writing and the characters and the gameplay. There's always bugs, and CGI ages, but those were fun games.
    Hmmmm you cover yourself well
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

lol. Well not everything can be Okami.

The lead producers of Anthem and Dragon Age 4 have left in the last week at Bioware.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...er-eight-years

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/08...leaves-bioware

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Tell me about the krogans, George.

What the fuck are you doing, Bioware?

Hidden:
    Solas doing everything he can to manipulate this reality so that I can't get the chance to beat the shit out of him.

Is there ANYONE left that was actually at Bioware when the previous ME and DA games were made? Writers, directors, anything?

I'd already stopped caring about DA4 given its ultimate timetable of being 7-9 years after the previous game instead of 3, but come on.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What the fuck are you doing, Bioware?
    About to wind up like Visceral Games.....let's just hope that DA4 doesn't wind up like Dead Space 3.

A lead producer leaving when a game finishes isn't generally unusual though Anthem apparently still has a lot of work to be done if it doesn't get outright abandoned. I found the DA4 lead producer leaving a bit weird, but I guess it's technically still in early development.

We'll never beat Solas at this rate.

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/05/september-update/

Other Stuff Going On
    We have several other big projects in the works. I wish I could tell you more about them, but they’re mostly super-secret right now. I can say however that one of our projects has a large and growing team in Edmonton working through pre-production, and based on the progress I’m seeing, I can confirm that indeed the Dread Wolf rises.

The Dread Wolf better fucking rise.

Discovered Stowaway Builds Legos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    About to wind up like Visceral Games.....let's just hope that DA4 doesn't wind up like Dead Space 3.
    Worse: "Anthem with dragons" was proudly declared.

heavy live service focus, with some within BioWare describing the game as “Anthem with dragons.” The game will likely have a stronger single-player component than Anthem, but multiplayer will definitely be a big part of the formula, with drop-in/drop-out co-op and quests that change based on the accumulated decisions of everybody playing the game being considered.
    HEEEEEELLL NO.

Get that multiplayer ongoing live service bullshit out of my single player RPG. And the world affected by everyone else's choices. not mine?

I already have Warframe and Guild Wars to be ongoing live services, that is NOT what Dragon Age should be.

I really have zero hopes or faith for this anymore.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Builds Legos View Post
    Worse: "Anthem with dragons" was proudly declared.
    Aw HELL no.

Spies in Tevinter? That would have been cool! Why get rid of that!?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information