+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1161

Thread: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Default Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Makes me glad I never read all the codex entries for the story now in-game. Though the game itself made that difficult because some quirk of mislabelling files, an extra space here or a roman numeral there, or something, led to them being randomly out of order instead of all together and in sequence like they should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I was gonna say "eh, I love Varric but it's just a cash in..." and then saw that it's written by Mary Kirby. Who... did all the writing for Varric. So the book should actually be in his "voice".

I guess I'm getting it.
    Did you ever see this?

That's such a horrific tease. They need him to do the entire audiobook. Not just a 2 minute snippet.

Also, the prop book he's holding is really deceptive, the actual volume is only 72 pages. And half of those are illustrations! It was overall little more than the codex entries already in the game, rather than an actual novel sadly. I was pretty dissapointed given it was a full priced hardcover.

But I might still cough up for an audio reading from "Varric". He could probably read the whole story in under an hour.
    Last edited by Robby; September 29th, 2018 at 09:18 PM.

Indeed. A reading from Varric would be worth every penny.

According to "sources familiar with the studio", a new Dragon Age game is "at least three years away" from release, based on current expectations.
    Guess that would make sense with the reports talking about how Anthem was taking up most of Bioware's focus.

We prefer for them to take their time making a good game rather than churn out one just for money. DA2 vs. Inquisition was proof enough of that.

While I'm always one to defend art taking its time to be good instead of being rushed and bad, and will always defend for instance, George R.R. Martin....

There's taking your time, and then there's testing your audience's patience. Especially when you have an ongoing narrative and ended with cliffhanger elements.

Inquisition was four years ago. And the next one is another 3 years away? That's a really long wait. We'll probably be on the next console gen at that point, which will lead to them developed a crippled version for the current systems and a version not taking advantage of its power for the new systems... AGAIN. Followed by not releasing any of the DLC on the PS4 version.

Yeah, DA2 and ME4 are clear examples of don't push it too fast just for the sake of getting it out... but taking most a decade is kind of rough. I'll have forgotten everything about the old games by then!

I think in any ongoing narrative be it book or movie or game, 2 years is rough with cliffhangers, 3 years is okay, 5 years is about as long as can be reasonably asked of an audience. and 7 years is pushing it. ANd beyond that it's just... will any of the old audience even be there at that point if you don't deliver crazy well?

My faith in Bioware is pretty shaken at this point, and I'm the guy that was okay with ME3' and DA2. Between screwing over the PS3 players on DAI, and ME4 being meh... and not giving a single crap about Anthem... (Play Bioware games for the story and the characters. Not the shooter gameplay. Also I have Warframe for that.)
    Last edited by Robby; December 5th, 2018 at 09:26 PM.

I figure Anthem is just something EA is forcing them to do rather than their RPGs.

They already had a mech suit shooter in Mass Effect. If Anthem is what they demanded, they could have delivered that with the last ME game, and gone stronger on its multiplayer mode than they ended up doing.

Its super lootbox heavy random weapon and random character dropping multiplayer.

Hey everyone,

We have been working on a new Dragon Age™ game for quite a while now and I am pleased to finally tease the existence of this project!

While we won’t be sharing any details for now, I can tell you we have been building a new team around a core of Dragon Age veterans, people I’ve worked with on Dragon Age, Jade Empire™, and some of whom I’ve worked with since the Baldur’s Gate days.

While I have been focused on Anthem™, the rest of the team has been hard at work exploring ways to push BioWare’s storytelling to the next level.

I’m so excited to show you more!

Mark Darrah, Executive Producer
    Making players into heroes of their own stories has been my real-life quest since Baldur’s Gate.

Over the years I’ve taken on increasing challenges: building vast living worlds, devising fun party-based combat and illustrating fantastic stories. Now, I’m honored and excited to continue BioWare’s rich legacy of colorful companions, romance and epic choices in my favorite fantasy franchise.

We’ve gathered our strongest team yet and are venturing forth on the most epic quest ever!

Matthew Goldman, Creative Director
    http://blog.bioware.com/2018/12/06/thedreadwolfrises/
    Last edited by Jaime; December 6th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

The Dragon Age fan in me is excited. Given EA's new path with lives services, I am also worried.

Hidden:
    [cracks knuckles]
    Solas!
    Boy!
    You've got a lot of fucking explaining to do, mother fucker!

Pardon me while I squee. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

That said, this was the teaser-est of teasers, so it's hard to make a proper judgement. The only things I can say are: "WTF is that symbol thing in the middle?" and "Please God, don't suck."

Solas is an asshat. I just hope we get to see the Imperium or the Qunari homelands while trying to track down Solas to kick him in the face lol.

I literally played up to the escape from the camp portion of Inquisition, and thought to myself, "Solas is a really interesting character. Maybe I should reset the game as a female elf and romance him."

I feel like Sally Brown after wasting my Halloween.

You blockhead! You whispered sweet nothings in my ear and took me to a dream world! And all I got was dream make-out sequence!

Hidden:
    IF YOU HAD TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE THE FUCKING DREAD WOLF IN THE FIRST PLACE, I WOULD HAVE JOINED YOUR CRUSADE OF DARKNESS GLADLY! DON'T YOU THINK I'D LOVE TO BE A WOLF!?! DON'T YOU THINK I'D BE AT YOUR SIDE DESTROYING EVERYTHING!?!

YOU OWE ME RESTITUTION!!!
    Last edited by Insider2000; December 8th, 2018 at 09:02 PM.

LOL. A lot of fangirls are feeling like this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Solas is an asshat. I just hope we get to see the Imperium or the Qunari homelands while trying to track down Solas to kick him in the face lol.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information