+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Forum Behaviour

Default Re: Odd Forum Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    With out the search function, the site lost its main attractions. Tons of people post here, and the distribution between spam and interesting post should be like... 95 % / 5 % more or less. I think many users like me like to read only the interesting ones. Usually you find your way by identifying some members who use to post interesting things, and then with the search function to find their posts. I'm a follower of Jabra and Urouge's reviews... but, ey! not at the point to find them in the 40 or more pages of the chapter thread every week... I hope you will be able to fix it soon.
    If all you want to do is stalk someone, click their username on a post and select "View Forum Posts." From their profile you can also do "Find latest posts" or "Find latest started threads."

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    If all you want to do is stalk someone, click their username on a post and select "View Forum Posts." From their profile you can also do "Find latest posts" or "Find latest started threads."
    I had try thta also. But that only works for the posts made 16 days before and more. For instance the first of your posts I can see is this one: http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...t=#post2930165 It happens the same with all members. So, still not a solution.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    I had try thta also. But that only works for the posts made 16 days before and more. For instance the first of your posts I can see is this one: http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...t=#post2930165 It happens the same with all members. So, still not a solution.
    You could just press on the number of replies for a thread in its respected section which will show the list of posters in that specific thread and the number of posts they made in that thread, you could just press on the number in front of the name you want and it will show their posts in that exact thread.

For example, I know, by the time of this post, Urouge and Jabra have yet to make a post in the new chapter thread, without needing to look in every page in that thread.
    Last edited by asm00200; June 27th, 2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: how many threads can you thread in one thread?

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    You could just press on the number of replies for a thread in its respected section which will show the list of posters in that specific thread and the number of posts they made in that thread, you could just press on the number in front of the name you want and it will show their posts in that exact thread.

For example, I know, by the time of this post, Urouge and Jabra have yet to make a post in the new chapter thread, without needing to look in every page in that thread.
    I hadn't tried that, but that doesn't work neither. I can see Aohige has posted 5 times in the thread of the chapter, but when I try to see his posts by cliking in his number of posts, the search function results in no matches for the specific search. It's something general that affects all kind of search.

It's just the indexing, which we can fix, but there are other problems too, and there's sort of a history behind why it hasn't been immediately tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    It's just the indexing, which we can fix, but there are other problems too, and there's sort of a history behind why it hasn't been immediately tackled.
    I hope you're not having a hard time with it.

Hmmmph, this is thread for complains?

I figured there's many members used gif signatures more than max limit allowed, it's trouble me because my connection is not very good.

edit:
    not many but a few, sorry. XD
    it's makes me load a full page for like 3-4 minutes.

edit again:
    nvm, sorry, i'll just block the images with software.
    Last edited by Little Conqueror; July 4th, 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Hold on, hold on.... This candle's burned out I won't let it go....

You don't need software, just go into your profile's control panel and disable avatars and signatures.

I wonder if only i have this problem (probably not) but for a while now, i don´t get notifications when someone quotes my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I wonder if only i have this problem (probably not) but for a while now, i don´t get notifications when someone quotes my posts.
    That particular add-on isn't perfect, but I find it works almost always when someone quotes you directly. If the edit their post to quote you later, or perhaps some other indirect way of quoting you (???) takes place, no notification goes out. Take for example this post... were you notified?

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    That particular add-on isn't perfect, but I find it works almost always when someone quotes you directly. If the edit their post to quote you later, or perhaps some other indirect way of quoting you (???) takes place, no notification goes out. Take for example this post... were you notified?
    Weirdly enough yes, after a long time. Just to give you an example, the second last post in this thread quotes me directly, but i did not get one.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...01#post2950001

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Weirdly enough yes, after a long time. Just to give you an example, the second last post in this thread quotes me directly, but i did not get one.
    I have no clue. If he edited your quote in to his post within a few minutes of writing the post, then that could explain the lack of notification.

I've actually noticed it too. Probably half the time I get notifications and half the time I don't, despite it clearly being a direct quote most of the time.

Yeah, this^ And it's been a recurring issue ever since we switched from the old vBulletin format to this new one way back. Probably a flaw in the code of the extension somewhere. The odd thing is that it doesn't seem to follow any pattern or logic, sometimes it simply works and sometimes it doesn't regardless of by whom, where, and how your post was quoted.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Maybe it works when people use the Reply With Quote button to start their post and it doesnt when the use Reply to Thread and then copy&paste in a quote before they send it in or something.

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Maybe it works when people use the Reply With Quote button to start their post and it doesnt when the use Reply to Thread and then copy&paste in a quote before they send it in or something.
    Nah. You can tell when it was quoted with the quote feature because it actually links back to the quoted post. I doubt anyone would do that manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Nah. You can tell when it was quoted with the quote feature because it actually links back to the quoted post. I doubt anyone would do that manually.
    I actually did it manually once when cross-posting from another thread, not to mention a few times before that, before I understood how to use the multi-quote function. Although, that said, I do agree that I very much doubt that's the cause of it, or at least the sole cause, since I'm sure it's incredibly rare for anyone to do so.

As long as I'm posting, I suppose I'll add my voice to those who've already said they experience this problem. It almost seems a shame that it's not more common than it is. As it stands, for me at least, it happens so infrequently that it becomes basically impossible for me to get any sense of what conditions might be causing it.

The videos are not loading in the site.
    but they work if i go to youtube.
    Edit: nevermind they are working again.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    The videos are not loading in the site.
    but they work if i go to youtube.
    Works fine for me.

I cannot open a new thread...but I got this email today, does arlong park really hate me that much

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information