+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Forum Behaviour

Maine, which is an awesome state in my opinion.

Default Re: Odd Forum Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Oh that was you? Thank you for that. It's how I found my way back to the site. I had no idea this place was like crack to me lol.
    Np. Hopefully more people will be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Some of you might still be able to hit a few pages using apforums.net due to cached DNS, but you will run in to problems. Use forums.arlongpark.net for everything and you should be fine. We've been planning to switch to forums.arlongpark.net as the default, so might as well use this as an opportunity to get everyone moving over to that url.
    ah thats what is wrong. I've been gettign some comments at DA asking why they couldn't sign on, I'd give them a link and it worked lol I wondered why my links worked and theirs didn't
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Interesting. If I may ask, How come? It seems as if more people are familiar with the shorter apforums than the longer URL. Changing it to a more obscure one seems risky, to say the least.
    I respectfully concur with this post.

In any case, thanks for all the hard work~
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Interesting. If I may ask, How come? It seems as if more people are familiar with the shorter apforums than the longer URL. Changing it to a more obscure one seems risky, to say the least.

By the way, while on this forums.arlongpark.net, I don't see many icons displayed that were usually displayed before the problems. Is that just because of this URL or because of the overall issue?
    First, let's not make more out of this "URL change" than we need to. It's not much of a change at all. We've always controlled both URL's and had them both work (I mean, apart from right now), and we intend to continue with that. It's really just a matter of swapping which one is primary and which one is secondary. Most people wouldn't even notice the change without looking for it. So I don't really think there's any risk involved with the idea. This current situation is totally different, and just may wind up giving us an excuse to actually do it.

As for the icons, that's a related issue. They're meant to be loaded from apforums.net which isn't working right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestSwordsman View Post
    Until that is fixed, I would recommend to fix up the SEO so it shows up on the 1st page of google when people search for the website, so they are still able to find this website.
    That's a good idea considering how this has dragged on. I'll talk to bren about it.

Also: for those who haven't been on since this thing started, like Meta, and who don't read their Blog registered emails (also like Meta), I made a post on the blog mentioning the redirect.

So at the end of the day, after everything is fixed, apforums.net will still work normally~?

That's enough for me, thank you!
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Bookmark that shit, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Holygamer999 View Post
    I answered a yahoo answers on the subject, so hopefully people will find that.
    Thanks for that!

I get here through google, and today was finally when google turned up something remotely useful, that yahoo answer.

well at least it stills works. Took me three days to get back and i did it through yahoo answers. Maybe i should join the facebook page

Any idea as to when we'll be able to access the forums via Tapatalk again?
    I recommend: Destroy & Revolution, God of High School, Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, Magi, Noblesse, Onepunch-Man and Sun-Ken Rock

Ocassionally getting redirected to a "blog site" named jmoiron.net, not sure what that is all about. This site has certainly gotten wonky in the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Ocassionally getting redirected to a "blog site" named jmoiron.net, not sure what that is all about. This site has certainly gotten wonky in the past month.
    There's really only been one issue, and it was resolved about three weeks ago? If you're still having issues at this point you've got some outdated DNS servers you're checking in with.

Got this at the top of the page

Warning: fopen(output.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(917) : eval()'d code on line 71

Same here. Format's all junked up.

And got this while I posted the above

Warning: fopen(output.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(917) : eval()'d code on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5464) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3990
    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

It does it when I click the "click here if your browser doesn't redirect you" and also when I tried to click on the thread to jump to the latest unread post here.

Hm. Things seem to be fine for me now.

Me too .

Sorry guys, I turned logging on for something for a few minutes. Apparently I need to fix some file permissions on the server before the log file can run completely.

I can't put capital letters.
    ARLONG
    weird now i can?
    nevermind.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

If I try to get to the site using IE, it redirects me to http://www.klikhierniet.net/. If I use Chrome on the same machine, I get here fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information