+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Odd Forum Behaviour

Default Re: Odd Forum Behaviour

Can't search or look up my own posts or thread. Very strange...

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Looks like the Sphinx search is down. I don't have my laptop on me to correct this at the moment; I'll see if Jonas or Foolio can.

Ok nevermind, I fixed it. Search daemon should be up and running and working again.

Well the engine should be updated or changed after all... it’s time to move forward and maybe some stuff to raise the activity
    Last edited by Kishido; May 1st, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

A couple of users have asked me about being unable to create new threads. One is a new user, the other has an older account but just recently got back to being active. I assume it's a measure to stop spam bots making threads, but I'd like to know what's the minimum post requirement?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

They just have to have been active for a while and post a while. We don't give concrete numbers.

It seems the search function do not work anymore. I have the following message
    connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It seems the search function do not work anymore. I have the following message
    connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
    Hm... you're right.

Thanks for calling that to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Hm... you're right.

No worries, I don't deserve as much thanks as all you do

In my Mac, it is now showing that the connection to 'forums.arlongpark.net' is not secure. Is it mine only problem? It is happening in both Safari and Chrome browser.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    In my Mac, it is now showing that the connection to 'forums.arlongpark.net' is not secure. Is it mine only problem? It is happening in both Safari and Chrome browser.
    apforums does not use an https certificate which is nowadays considered to be 'not secure' by navigators. Hence your warning

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Hm... you're right.

Hi Roboblue
    Is the issue hard to correct ? Do you have any idea when it will work again because it is a bit annoying to not be able to make search

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Hi Roboblue
    Is the issue hard to correct ? Do you have any idea when it will work again because it is a bit annoying to not be able to make search
    I don't really know, we're still waiting on Bren to fix it because he's the one with the most access.

He's been very busy doing COVID19-related overtime work but hopefully he'll be able to fix it soon.

I made everyone wait again, sorry. I can't log into the server while I'm connected to my corporate VPN, and I've been on that pretty much all day every day lately. I just took a few to disconnect and fix the search though, special thanks to Robo and Foolio for patiently reminding me (frequently).

16 chars of Thanks brennen!

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

It's taken me a long time to find the spoons to make this post but I've finally done it! So, I've noticed this issue with the reply boxes for a few years now where for some reason the text boxes wrong wrap and instead produce a side-scrolling bar the more I type. It used to not be like this but one day the reply boxes began to do this and it's always been very vexing because it makes checking a post a pain in the ass. Is anyone else having this issue?

She/Her

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    It's taken me a long time to find the spoons to make this post but I've finally done it! So, I've noticed this issue with the reply boxes for a few years now where for some reason the text boxes wrong wrap and instead produce a side-scrolling bar the more I type. It used to not be like this but one day the reply boxes began to do this and it's always been very vexing because it makes checking a post a pain in the ass. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Switch the editor back to WYSIWYG mode back clicking the button on the very left of the reply toolbar. This will return the text wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayama View Post
    Switch the editor back to WYSIWYG mode back clicking the button on the very left of the reply toolbar. This will return the text wrapping.
    While that does work it also means getting rid of the code tags. >_>
    She/Her

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information