+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: General Musou Warriors Thread

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default General Musou Warriors Thread

I decided to make a thread for DW/SW games because there are so many of them that it would be to hectic to keep making single threads for each game.

Well first is Dynasty Warriors 8 confirmed for release on Feburary 28th 2013 in Japan (else where will probably see it Q2 of that year)

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/

Spoiler:

Game Modes

Story Mode
    • Story Mode is still faction-oriented and has seamless cutscenes
      The mode may have online co-op
    • Jin kingdom is still returning
    • DW8 will have more freedom in the stage's progress route, unlike DW7 which had a quite preset progress route
    • The stories are being rewritten from scratch
    • There will be also what-if stories that consist of certain generals living beyond their actual lifespans (eg. Guo Jia in Chi Bi)
    • There will be a selection of main characters to choose in some stages (eg. Wei's Hefei may have selection between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin or Li Dian)
    Free Mode
    Free Mode is returning

There will be also another new game mode for the replay value

Gameplay Systems
    • Weapon switch system from DW7 is returning
    • All DW7 weapon types up to DW7E will be returning along with more brand-new weapons
    • Weapon Seals are gone and replaced with a new Weapon Tempering system that will allow more weapon customization & collection
    • All characters now have 3 Musou attacks *NEW*
      1st Musou: O
      2nd Musou: R1+O
      3rd Musou: Aerial O
    • The Musou attack variety will be unlocked as the character is strengthened up *NEW*
      (Which means only 1st Musou will be available at the beginning, with 2nd & 3rd Musous needing to be unlocked later)
    Weapon Affinity *NEW*
    • Weapons now have affinity which corresponds to the weapons the opponent is holding
    • There are 3 affinity elements:
      天 Heaven
      地 Earth
      人 People
    • There is a triangular relationship to determine which affinity is better against which
      Heaven is good against Earth
      Earth is good against People
      People is good against Heaven
    • This affinity relationship will decide which of the new actions below may be triggered
    Storm Rush
    • Activated if player's weapon has better affinity to opponent's weapon
    • Breaks enemy guard, allows more combo attack, and increases attack speed
    Variable Counter
    • Activated if player's weapon has worse affinity to opponent's weapon
    • As the name suggests, it's a counter attack that will make weapon switch at the end
    • Both Storm Rush & Variable Counter will also blow away surrounding enemies
    • The gameplay is designed so that even casual gamers can also enjoy them, but expert players will also find them crucial on clearing high difficulty stages
    Awakening
    • This system is reminiscent to DW5's Awakening Rage
    • Activated when certain requirements are met
    • During Awakening mode, the Musou gauge that is usually composed of multiple blocks will be unified into a single bar like past DW games
    • Stats are greatly increased, and Musou attack will be changed to Awakening Musou attack
    • When a lot of enemies are beaten with this Awakening Musou, it will evolve even further into True Awakening Musou
    • The merit of using Awakening Musou is that enemies beaten will drop better stat-up items

Miscellaneous
    • The game system is mainly based on DW7, hence the quicker development cycle
    • DW8's concept is "Infinite Deepening" rather than "Evolution", thus focusing more on the quantitative addition
    • The most major difference from DW7 is renewed costumes
    • There will be a Very Easy setting dedicated for casual players which will have a specific control type designed to be able to unleash variety of combos with just a single button
    • Online play is said to be put more effort compared to past games
    • The Deferred Lighting technique is being used to draw the graphics here, which hopefully will reduce the jarring framerate drop from DW7 as much as possible
    • Stages are to be revamped with better graphics, weather effects and more visible gimmicks
    • First-Print copy incentive is a DLC code for ROTK XII costumes of Zhao Yun & Sun Shangxiang *NEW*
    • Pre-Order incentive is one of 4 smartphone poaches designed with one of the 4 main kingdoms *NEW*

Known new characters:
    Spoiler:

Guan Yinping, (Daughter of Guan Yu) Weapon: Double-Edged Mace
    Spoiler:

Guan Xing, (Second son of Guan Yu) Weapon: Arm Blade

Spoiler:

Zhang Bao (Son of Zhang Fei) Weapon: Wide Snake Sword (I call it the Biggie Small sword)

Spoiler:

New Wei general Yue Jin. Weapon: Wheel Halberd.
    Spoiler:

New Wei general Li Dian. Weapon: Twin Hookswords
    Spoiler:

New Wu general Lu Su. Weapon: Rake/Hoe (not clear yet)
    Spoiler:

Known returning characters

劉備 (玄德) Liu Bei (Xuande) - Weapon: Twin Swords *NEW*
    關羽 (雲長) Guan Yu (Yunchang) - Weapon: Crescent Glaive *NEW*
    張飛 (益德) Zhang Fei (Yide) - Weapon: Serpent Pike *NEW*
    趙雲 (子龍) Zhao Yun (Zilong) - Weapon: Dragon Spear
    諸葛亮 (孔明) Zhuge Liang (Kongming) - Weapon: Feather Fan

曹操 (孟德) Cao Cao (Mengde) - New Weapon: General Sword
    曹丕 (子桓) Cao Pi (Zihuan) - New Weapon: Double-Bladed Sword
    夏侯惇 (元讓) Xiahou Dun (Yuanrang) - Weapon: Scimitar
    夏侯淵 (妙才) Xiahou Yuan (Miaocai) - New Weapon: Rod Bow
    典韋 Dian Wei - Weapon: Hand Axe
    張遼 (文遠) Zhang Liao (Wenyuan) - Weapon: Twin Halberds
    甄姫 Zhenji - Weapon: Flute

孫堅 (文台) Sun Jian (Wentai) - New Weapon: Nine-Ringed Broadsword
    孫策 (伯符) Sun Ce (Bofu) - Weapon: Tonfa *NEW*
    孫尚香 Sun Shangxiang - Weapon: Chakrams
    周瑜 (公瑾) Zhou Yu (Gongjin) - Weapon: Staff
    陸遜 (伯言) Lu Xun (Boyan) - New Weapon: Swallow Swords
    呂蒙 (子明) Lu Meng (Ziming) - Weapon: Pike
    凌統 (公績) Ling Tong (Gongji) - New Weapon: Sanjiegun Staff
    甘寧 (興霸) Gan Ning (Xingba) - Weapon: Chain Flail
    黃蓋 (公覆) Huang Gai (Gongfu) - Weapon: Iron Boat
    大喬 DaQiao - Weapon: Twin Canes *NEW*

張角 Zhang Jiao - Weapon: Monk Staff *NEW*

And a bunch of pics of returning officers from Wu, Shu, Wei, Jin, and others. You will notice some have different looks otherwise most will be recognizable by those who have played DW alot.

Spoiler:

Next is Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires releases in America Feb 26rd 2013 (Europe on the 22nd of Feb)

Spoiler:

Xiahou Ba's new weapon. (Looks freaking insane)

And finally Samurai Warriors 4

Confirmed for release in Feburary 2014. Sadly nothing more than that.

----------------

Well DW8 is looking really promising love that they brought Zhao Yun back to his pre DW6 look more.
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; December 5th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: The Dynasty/Samurai Warriors Thread

Wasn't expecting a new Dynasty Warriors so soon,but not unexpected.

Still it actually looks great,nice new details,and I really like how the new characters look and the new designs of old characters look great too.
    Last edited by NicoNico28; December 5th, 2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: 504 made me double post the same message...

Default Re: The Musou Warriors Thread

Retitled so it can also include Orochi, Fist of the North Star and Gundam.

Could also theoretically hold OP musou, but that's just not going to happen and it would eat the thread alive. Also feel free to throw in Sengoku Basara or other similar games.

Big fan of the franchise, own basically all the console editions of everything, but was hugely dissapointed with their last several outings. DW7 was a huge misfire, and while I enjoyed the actual gameplay Gundam 3 a lot they really screwed up the maps and repetiveness of the missions there.

May I ask why you didn't like DW7 Robby? I personally thought it was good,and a step up from DW5 and DW6.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNico28 View Post
    May I ask why you didn't like DW7 Robby? I personally thought it was good,and a step up from DW5 and DW6.
    Two big things.

-They neutered 2 player mode, and I ALWAYS play it with one of my friends. You could NOT do story with 2 players, and having a second player in conquest mode meant you didn't get ANY of the ally loyalty bonus things. And since you had to play story mode to unlock characters... it was basically 30 hours of game without my friend. Something that had never been a problem in the previous 20 or so games.

-interchangable weapons system. made every single character basically identical. The only difference at that point is a single special move they have.

I know, Gundam is basically the same in that the character doesn't matter and the weapon decides the play style, but.. the Gundams all look and play differently. And there's a vast difference between an invisible pilot inside a giant mech throwing out some dialogue... and having someone switch between fans, swords, sais, giant mace, nunchucks, and Lu Bu's spear, all without any penalty. (Yes, in theory there were stat differences, but it was pretty un-noticeable.)

Also, swimming and climbing ladders sucked. They sucked in 6 as well, but... still not fixed. (Six was forgiven its tiny roster and problems due to the generation shift and "ground up" build, but... also not that good.)

They get props for a better story mode and finally adding a fourth army... but its meaningless when 1) a second player can't play that story and 2)they all play identically.

-also. level variety. There was none. Every mission was the same. Same map, same quests, same enemies. Gundam 3 and OP musou had the same problem. Compare it to Sengoku Basara where EVERY stage is varied and different in a bunch of ways, complete with clever designs, unique traps, streamlined ways of traversing the stages... Yes, there is inevitably *that one stage* you CHOOSE to play over and over more than any others because its easy to grind up weapons or stats in it for some reason or another... but not cool where its literally the same 5 or 6 tiny maps over and over.
    Last edited by Robby; December 6th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

I have the PS3 version of Warriors Orochi 3 yet still felt compelled to pick up the Wii U version. Huge step up. PS3 has painful load times and Samurai Warriors/Others don't have musou moves. Wii U version they do. And load times are quicker. People complained about the popup but it's nothing worse either. So yeah. All in all I'm pretty happy about it. AND I've already found people online thanks to Miiverse to play with for it. So happy happy.

Hopefully Koei announce more for the Wii U. I know we are getting Ken's Rage but hoping for DW8 and only way I'm gonna buy the english version of One Piece (unless it comes with some VERY good extras.) is for Wii U. (Will likely import anyways if there's a special edition.

edit: 8 looks pretty nice. Glad to hear Jin is back. Hopefully some more stuff for it. Would especially like to see more generals for the other factions since 7 made out that Lian Shi or whatever she was called woulda been like 109 or something lol
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I have the PS3 version of Warriors Orochi 3 yet still felt compelled to pick up the Wii U version. Huge step up. PS3 has painful load times and Samurai Warriors/Others don't have musou moves. Wii U version they do. And load times are quicker. People complained about the popup but it's nothing worse either. So yeah. All in all I'm pretty happy about it. AND I've already found people online thanks to Miiverse to play with for it. So happy happy.

Hopefully Koei announce more for the Wii U. I know we are getting Ken's Rage but hoping for DW8 and only way I'm gonna buy the english version of One Piece (unless it comes with some VERY good extras.) is for Wii U. (Will likely import anyways if there's a special edition.

edit: 8 looks pretty nice. Glad to hear Jin is back. Hopefully some more stuff for it. Would especially like to see more generals for the other factions since 7 made out that Lian Shi or whatever she was called woulda been like 109 or something lol
    I myself am hopeful for a DW8 and DW7E Wii U release/

I honestly think that they could make Dynasty warriors more strategic using the Wii U game pad. I was disappointed they did utilize it more on WO3. For example take that map on the top right corner of the screen and put it on the Wii U gamepad and make it to where you can select a unit and then touch on the map where you want them to go or which general to focus on.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I'd be more than happy even if they were on there and simply used the gamepad that runs the game like WO3. I been playing it in bed while watching TV lol

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    where you can select a unit and then touch on the map where you want them to go or which general to focus on.
    Control of your units? An ability to make them stay put behind your defensive line, attack where you want them to, or at least not run headfirst into the worst possible spots where all the enemies are?

In a musou game?

Never.

Bad ally AI where your leaders run straight into the enemy camp and get killed is part of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Two big things.

-They neutered 2 player mode, and I ALWAYS play it with one of my friends. You could NOT do story with 2 players, and having a second player in conquest mode meant you didn't get ANY of the ally loyalty bonus things. And since you had to play story mode to unlock characters... it was basically 30 hours of game without my friend. Something that had never been a problem in the previous 20 or so games.

-interchangable weapons system. made every single character basically identical. The only difference at that point is a single special move they have.

I know, Gundam is basically the same in that the character doesn't matter and the weapon decides the play style, but.. the Gundams all look and play differently. And there's a vast difference between an invisible pilot inside a giant mech throwing out some dialogue... and having someone switch between fans, swords, sais, giant mace, nunchucks, and Lu Bu's spear, all without any penalty. (Yes, in theory there were stat differences, but it was pretty un-noticeable.)

Also, swimming and climbing ladders sucked. They sucked in 6 as well, but... still not fixed. (Six was forgiven its tiny roster and problems due to the generation shift and "ground up" build, but... also not that good.)

They get props for a better story mode and finally adding a fourth army... but its meaningless when 1) a second player can't play that story and 2)they all play identically.

-also. level variety. There was none. Every mission was the same. Same map, same quests, same enemies. Gundam 3 and OP musou had the same problem. Compare it to Sengoku Basara where EVERY stage is varied and different in a bunch of ways, complete with clever designs, unique traps, streamlined ways of traversing the stages... Yes, there is inevitably *that one stage* you CHOOSE to play over and over more than any others because its easy to grind up weapons or stats in it for some reason or another... but not cool where its literally the same 5 or 6 tiny maps over and over.
    Hm,well I guess it's because I don't really have anyone to play 2P mode with that I didn't care about Story not being 2P,but I can understand,does seem odd they wouldn't allow that. And as for weapons,I try to make everyone use a different weapon,but then again I don't play with the full cast so I have a bit more variety when playing. Though I would like them to go back to the DW4/DW5 weapon system of you having to find weapons of higher levels.

First trailer for DW8:

Oh and since it wasn't posted before, here's the couple week old Ken's Rage 2 trailer since it's coming out sooner than DW8 anyway.

Last edited by The Namekian Clown; December 11th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

I really liked that Dynasty Warriors 8 trailer.

Trailer looked great! So many nice new features.

Wait so is it DW8 the trailer was for because it says there it's DW7? Confused.

It's Shin Sangoku Musou 7, which will be Dynasty Warriors 8. Sangoku Musou was a fighting game and localized in the west as Dynasty Warriors. Koei then started the hack and slash series we now know and love naming it Shin Sangoku Musou, which was localized in the west as Dynasty Warriors 2. So now 6 games later Japan gets Shin Sangoku Musou 7 and we get Dynasty Warriors 8.

Similarly, what will be Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is actually Shin Hokuto Musou in Japan, as Koei's way of saying "Yeah we're sorry about that last one. Let's pretend it didn't happen, ok?"

And on the flip side, Warriors Orochi 2 was actually Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin in Japan, so Warriors Orochi 3 is actually Musou Orochi 2 for them.

Dynasty Warriors 8 is titled as 7 in Japan from what I understand.

Edit: Guy above me explained better.

I liked 7 personally, but I've always played musou games single player so that may factor in. However I did miss the ability to replay story levels with any character I chose - or heck even choose from that faction at least. I liked a lot of the new characters (Zhong Hui for example. Though maybe I just really liked the flying swords...) though I absolutely despised Bao Sanniang. *shudders*
    Though after conquering Conquest Mode I don't have any real desire to play through it again so I'll probably only ever go through story mode a few times again when I pick it back up again. So Empires would probably be a better investment for me.

Guan Ping,Guan Suo,and Bao Sanniang have been confirmed to return.

Hidden:

New Ken's Rage 2 trailer

They have also been putting up 30ish second gameplay videos for all the playable characters over the last few weeks, and they finally finished them off with Bat and Lin. You can find them all here on the official site if interested. http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shokuto/movies.html

The Jin Kingdom has some new officers, as shown on the official Japanese site for Dynasty Warriors 8 (Shin Sangokumusou 7): Sima Yi's wife, Zhang Chunhua, as well as Jia Chong, a staunch supporter of Sima Zhao, make their debuts as playable officers. Sima Yi, Sima Zhao, Sima Shi and Wang Yuanji are shown returning as well, with new looks for the game.

Spoiler:

New looks are on the right side of each image.

I really like Yuanji's new look. Not sure how I feel about Sima Yi's new look.

I like Sima Yi's new look,oddly. But I don't like Sima Zhao's and Sima Shi's,liked the DW7 versions more. And Wang Yuanji's is ok,kinda bland compared to the DW7 version though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information