Thread: General Musou Warriors Thread

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: The Musou Warriors Thread

Spoiler:

Yue Ying, Wei Yan, and Xu Shu.

And some videos:

Spoiler:

The Musou attacks actually look like musou attacks now
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Isn't that Ma Dai? Sure looks like him
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Isn't that Ma Dai? Sure looks like him
    No it's Xu Shu I asure you it's not Ma Dai although I do agree with you lol.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I've been busy so I haven't been able to announce the new characters,quite alot have been released,surprised noone beat me to it.

Shu - Huang Zhong and Pang Tong.
    Spoiler:

Wu - Sun Quan and Lian Shi.
    Spoiler:

Wei - Guo Jia,Jia Xu,Zhang He,Xu Huang,and Pang De.
    Spoiler:

Jin - Zhuge Dan and new character Wen Yang.
    Spoiler:

Also a trailer has been out.
    Last edited by NicoNico28; February 1st, 2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Whoopsie...

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

What is Zhuge Dan's new weapon? Looks like a sword-rod thing.

Pang Tong looks like a pirate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    What is Zhuge Dan's new weapon? Looks like a sword-rod thing.
    According to Facebook it's called a Steel Rod.

6 more characters have been revealed.

Shu - Ma Chao and Ma Dai
    Spoiler:

Wei - Xu Shu and Cai Wenji
    Spoiler:

Jin - Zhong Hui and Deng Ai
    Spoiler:

The full roster has now been revealed.

Shu - Liu Shan and Xing Cai
    Spoiler:

Also returning are Wei's Cao Ren and Wang Yi,a well as Others Meng Huo and Zhu Rong. Zuo Ci from DW5 will be returning after his disappearance from DW6+DW7,still will be using the card things.
    Spoiler:

Also revealed is that Other faction will now also have a Story Mode along with the other factions.
    Last edited by NicoNico28; February 20th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.

got DW7 empires sadly i have to play tomorrow as the download and installation took too long

R.I.P. to the voice of Sima Yi,Tsuyoshi Takeshita.

A wallpaper was released in honor of him featuring all the Sima Yi's.

Picked up 8 a few days back. I'm quite enjoying how a lot of the combat feels fresh (ish) enough. Only finished Wu's mode thus far. Started on Shu next since they're always my least favourite to play as. Anyone else picked it up yet?
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

I have it (for PS3).

I've beaten Wei, and I've almost beaten Wu. Been doing Ambition Mode inbetween campaigns for a slight change of pace.

I'm still working on warriors orochi 3. I've gotten all the trophies... except for beating every level on chaos. I could just send in my level 99 and level 70 guys and barrell through it... but I picked out 30 or so favorites while grinding through the all costumes/all wallpapers trophies... and the entire point of doing that was so I could enjoy them... but at level 30 or 40 with unbuilt weapons those guys aren't quiiite ready for chaos yet.

I'll be hardpressed to get another samurai or dynasty game after this one. The sheer roster size and variety makes it pretty hard to beat... especially after I hated SW7...

I'd still pick up Gundam 4 though. And OP3 whenever it hits (but I'm skipping OP2 most likely.)

Ah I haven't had a chance to get this yet hopefully won't be too much longer till I can get it.

Dynasty Warriors 8 was awesome :D I'm on Shu
    I like that all the characters got new weapons plus What If events

Kamen Rider OOOs

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I'm still working on warriors orochi 3. I've gotten all the trophies... except for beating every level on chaos. I could just send in my level 99 and level 70 guys and barrell through it... but I picked out 30 or so favorites while grinding through the all costumes/all wallpapers trophies... and the entire point of doing that was so I could enjoy them... but at level 30 or 40 with unbuilt weapons those guys aren't quiiite ready for chaos yet.
    If you absolutly just want to get it over with, there's a somewhat cheap way of getting through the stages on Chaos in WO3. There's a skill called Thrift that No, Motochika, Liu Shan, Dong Zhuo and Zhang Jiao have. It "Reduces the amount of Musou Gauge used up (all team members)." and it stacks if all 3 characters have it. When a SW character uses a Musou they can freely run around and are invincible. So you pick No and Motochika with one of the other 3 (doesn't matter which) and at level S proficiency it makes No and Motochika's Musou's last a very long time, meaning you can freely do any level without any worry of being hit. The one big problem is that you can't use Siege Weapons while in SW Musou mode, so sometimes you might get stuck waiting for it to end. Though it also ends them if you run into a cutscene that has to load, or jump into water or onto a sloped wall. Well, and the other problem, being that it gets boring playing as 2 characters for 40 levels...

I know the thrift cheat, actually discovered it on my own because I was having fun with both No and mr. Yellow Turban. The entire point is I DON'T want to just cheeze through chaos, I want to enjoy it. Otherwise I'd just use my level 70-99 characters. I want to play with the other characters I liked for a while first.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

Yeah. To be honest, I think Dynasty Warriors 8 is the best Dynasty Warriors; topping the classics like 3 and 4.

Koei really did culminate all their knowledge and experience into a single game, making it one of the most refined Dynasty Warriors installments. I just wish they spent a bit more time...dubbing the entirety of the game, but once the free japanese voices DLC is released, I'll simply be playing that anyway.

Finally got DW8 and it's the best one I have played since DW5.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate looks interesting

I keep hearing good things about 8... considering I hated 7... what'd they do to fix 8?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information